Trade Inn Incoming

1 hour ago, halfrose said:

And to think...this is all because of bloody clothes :'D

I love how people are literally starting this argument because of the word 'disgust', and because of skins.

Isn't it neat, when players decides to throw the entire gameplay out of the window to complain about things like this? :'D

Sure skins are cool but as far as I remember, this is supposed to be DST, not TF2

But oh well, what can I do. Welp, people are that desperate.

Subtle Rose is not that Subtle.

I just love a good ol' word battle between two junior members. DUEL FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT UNDERLINGS!

slap_fight_lg.gif

On a more serious note, I think this plan is great. Even though 729 commons is a bit much, by the time you've played enough to get 729 skins, you'll probably have at least 20 elegants and 25 distinguished.

16 minutes ago, halfrose said:

I ain the best person at being subtle XD

MMMMMM.

11 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

I just love a good ol' word battle between two junior members. DUEL FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT UNDERLINGS!

slap_fight_lg.gif

On a more serious note, I think this plan is great. Even though 729 commons is a bit much, by the time you've played enough to get 729 skins, you'll probably have at least 20 elegants and 25 distinguished.

I'm not technically a junior member. I've been here for years but this is my first account. Anywho I agree with your bottom statement.  -eats popcorn for rebuttals coming-

2 hours ago, halfrose said:

And to think...this is all because of bloody clothes :'D

I love how people are literally starting this argument because of the word 'disgust', and because of skins.

Isn't it neat, when players decides to throw the entire gameplay out of the window to complain about things like this? :'D

Sure skins are cool but as far as I remember, this is supposed to be DST, not TF2

But oh well, what can I do. Welp, people are that desperate.

yo, stop talking sense and give me your digital hats. Didn't ya hear the name of the game is Don't Miss Fashion Week Together?

I was under the impression that they would not be going marketable, smart choice to release trade-inn at same time. with any luck it can create a little more supply of desired items and keep prices from skyrocketing up.

This is going to make it considerably harder for me personally, to complete the entire collection i think. Or at least until the hype train finishes chugging along and prices settle back down. I am not a rich guy and cant afford to be paying out double figures for pixels
At the end of the day none of this affects gameplay, its all cosmetic.

I can support the developers getting regular income from market taxes on community market sales though.
I challenge anyone to find more active and involved developers that listen to all aspects of community in regards to updates/ideas/gameplay etc.
Still waiting on tophat skins and walking skins too hehe (noticed a few others harping on about it too :p)

4 minutes ago, WriteOff said:

At the end of the day none of this affects gameplay, its all cosmetic.

This is pretty much the most important part.  

It's still the great game that we all love, and nobody ever need to participate in the marketplace unless they want the convenience of not waiting to get drops for free.

14 minutes ago, leonseye said:

This is pretty much the most important part.  

It's still the great game that we all love, and nobody ever need to participate in the marketplace unless they want the convenience of not waiting to get drops for free.

Precisely. Can people please stop quoting TF2 - they went F2P to lure in anyone and anything to the game to attract more to the microtransactions side of things.
Don't Starve Together still stands @ $14.99USD for me

These skins have no ingame benefits what so ever. what it does to is breath new life and fun into it for players who have already invested many many hours into it previously.
I have 319 Hours on Don't Starve and 464 hours on Don't Starve Together.
My fiance + 2 of my kids are on steam, and i also purchased both DS + DST for all 3 accounts so we could play as a family
When my daughter found out she can put a red dress (wendy's frock) she lost her ****, fashion ingame is her bread and butter, when she found out she could have WILSON in the dress, thats all she could focus on, cross dressing wilson, and promptly starves to death repeatedly, but has the time of her life in the process.

Also klei is making it almost dummy proof to run and password your own servers, most people i know have networks of players they have formed and all play together on private servers, no one has anything to complain about, klei has done this with great caution and watched on for weeks

Btw thread title is very mis-leading!!! Trade-inn incoming is great, but you almost hid the "btw.. we are turning on marketability" in the text haha. Anyway, enjoy the initial burst of profit you guys get from sales taxes :) you earned it!

29 minutes ago, WriteOff said:

Precisely. Can people please stop quoting TF2 - they went F2P to lure in anyone and anything to the game to attract more to the microtransactions side of things.

These skins have no ingame benefits what so ever. what it does to is breath new life and fun into it for players who have already invested many many hours into it previously.
My fiance + 2 of my kids are on steam, and i also purchased both DS + DST for all 3 accounts so we could play as a family
When my daughter found out she can put a red dress (wendy's frock) she lost her ****, fashion ingame is her bread and butter, when she found out she could have WILSON in the dress, thats all she could focus on, cross dressing wilson, and promptly starves to death repeatedly, but has the time of her life in the process.

Also klei is making it almost dummy proof to run and password your own servers, most people i know have networks of players they have formed and all play together on private servers, no one has anything to complain about, klei has done this with great caution and watched on for weeks

Btw thread title is very mis-leading!!! Trade-inn incoming is great, but you almost hid the "btw.. we are turning on marketability" in the text haha. Anyway, enjoy the initial burst of profit you guys get from sales taxes :) you earned it!

Your right. Skins are not just filler content, instead features that some can shrug off and some will have a blast with! I will gladly buy a GoH (if reasonable) the day the Market dropped. Like this genius above me said, they earned it. 

1 hour ago, WriteOff said:

Wow for a selfish guy you have cute sounding kids. xD

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

Wow for a selfish guy you have cute sounding kids. xD

After 11 years on steam and moderating a network of 52,000 people on steam for the last 3 or so years, constantly dealing with scam bots, general scammers and frankly outright annoying people and trying to help the community on steam stay safe ill admit i have become a bit of a cranky old prick at times, especially if you catch me before my morning coffee.

That said, i have never been selfish, if your referring to my DST skins, thats just because im resourceful.
And my kids are absolutely adorable, just had new bub, 12 days old :) baby girl, which is the only reason i havent been more active on servers, and had to shut down my dedicated.

On 10/02/2016 at 9:31 PM, WriteOff said:

Putting Ken in Barbie's clothes never gets old.

Just now, RalphKastro said:

Putting Ken in Barbie's clothes never gets old.

but Ken usually doesnt die as she decides whether ken should be wearing the party frock, or the silk robe, he just sits there in all his plasticy latex goodness and waits patiently, DST = death via fashion choice delay

46 minutes ago, Ivanc25 said:

Trade inn isn't coming today D:? I tought it was coming on Wednesday u.u

Mid to late next week was the quote, its Thursday in Aus, You are all living in the past!

On 2/9/2016 at 2:40 PM, RalphKastro said:

yo, stop talking sense and give me your digital hats. Didn't ya hear the name of the game is Don't Miss Fashion Week Together?

You may be starving to death, but at least it's fashionable. 

You're judged by how nicely the clothes drape over your skeleton. 

On 2/10/2016 at 6:31 PM, WriteOff said:

Your kids sound so adorable. Get her a Cocktail Dress - Wilson looks really cute in that one! :-D

Archived