New giant is pretty cool!!!

32 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

It's just that I don't think that it's really that intimidating 

I think that the crocken or Quacken would be much more intimidating 

In comparison to other giants, I consider his kit to be really interesting.

On 2/8/2016 at 7:00 PM, hotflungwok said:

Yeah, this thing is basically death unless you are already standing in an area perfect for fighting him.  I got attacked at night during a hurricane, and even doing the best I could I was still nearly 0 san when the tree I was hiding behind broke in the wind.  Of course his stupid destroy everything attack just killed me instantly, so there went another game. 

How exactly are you supposed to fight anything on water?  You can barely move, and any water enemy can move faster than you can on land.  Any hit damages both you and the boat, and you cant fix the boat when you're on it. 

So is the next big thing in the game just going to instantly sink the island your on? 

The sea is my place of choice for fighting him/her. The coast, of course, so that the wave dodging is at a minimum. All of my attempts at fighting the boss on land were quite catastrophic, especially my most recent encounter while I was stuck on an island full of monkeys and spiders when he came. Any amount of preparedness I had for his arrival bit the dust when he sucked me up and stole my only weapon, my cutlass and threw it to some monkey who just stole it. I agree that it's a really terrifying boss, but that's what I really like about it. The only real danger this boss proposes exists when you're actually trying to fight it. If you walk away you're totally fine but if you want that sweet loot you really should make sure you're prepared for the fight when the next year's hurricane season arrives. I'd say a bunch of harpoon guns could help swing a sea battle with him in your favor for sure. A cannon too, perhaps, though I'm not sure because I haven't tried it.

Also you actually can fix your boat while you're on it. You just right click the repair kit.

2 hours ago, grekon said:

In comparison to other giants, I consider his kit to be really interesting.

I agree, I think this boss is awesome all around. So fitting, so terrifying, and nobody I saw expected it either, especially not me.

i actually killed him by ACCIDENT!  One section of my island has about 6-8 monkey huts (so 20-30 monkeys running around).  I happened to be running through there when i saw the tornado just on the edge of my screen.  the monkeys swarmed it immediately and killed it before i really knew what was going on.  luckily i had given a banana to a monkey before this started so they didnt steal the propeller.  all i had to do was club a baby seal and take care of krampus (no sack though).

7 hours ago, aukingiii said:

It's just that I don't think that it's really that intimidating 

I think that the crocken or Quacken would be much more intimidating 

Not intimidating? I'm scared to death at thought of fighting it again. Especially anywhere near my Base.  Notice the picture I posted above. Notice the lack of a pile of equipment I left outside of the chests.

On the plus side I found my backpack and chef pouch still on the island. Even managed to find a hammer at sea but the rest? Missing.

21 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I'm curious what would happen if someone lit a stack of gunpowder just when it starts to do the suck-in special attack.

That's actually an interesting idea tbh. I noticed that the Sealnado sucks in any item that is on the floor even if it doesn't do the suck attack (the entire time i dealt with it it had a Thatchpack i made really early on). So my guess is that you could probably litter gunpowder around your base let the Sealnado suck it in and then blow it up with a good smack of a firestaff or if you are a bit ballsy you can try and lit an item and let it get sucked in aswell or lit the Gunpowder yourself.

However you need to be majorly prepared to do so because the Sealnado got 3000 HP and Gunpowder deals 200 damage a pop so you need at least 15 pieces of Gunpowder to instantly kill it. Alternatively you can also use Gunpowder to soften it up and then kill it with something like a Speargun (100 damage a pop).

BTW has anyone tried to freeze the thing or put it to sleep using a Pan Flute? I would love to know if that's a possibility.

Archived