The Blazing Trail

The Blazing Trail
A fictional Don't Starve Together Story

Day came just a second after The King emerged from the tent. I hoped Wolfgang had gotten out of the base, because they would find him if he wasn't. Wigfrid was still a screen away looting chests. The King slowly drew a thulecite club, then dropped his backpack to reveal a thulecite suit. I wanted him to make the first move so I could kite him, but he just stood there. Then, Chester came hopping towards me. He must have respawned during the night. The King decided to take diplomatic action, "Why did you burn our crock pots?" he asked. 

I didn't really have a legitimate answer for that. Was I going to tell him I did it out of spite? I decided to answer with another question, "Why did you burn down my base?". While I was typing, he could have taken the opportunity to kill me, but he didn't. Though based on Woodie's "diplomacy" I wasn't sure I trusted The King. But, he answered my question. "Woodie burnt down your base because you attacked us first. I mean, I understand this is a PvP server, but seriously dude?". I was afraid if he started an angry rant I was going to starve before it ended, but I didn't really see a way out of this. "Your a tyrant! There aren't any Pseudoscience stations left because of you!" I told him. The King retorted, "Who told you that? I made a base near them for anyone to use!". I had a sinking feeling about this conversation. 

The King started debunking my claims, "I made this base and let all the new players join, and you came and lit it on fire! I'm training the new players so people like you don't ruin this game for them!". That was a real insult, and I was out of polite things to say. Then Wigfrid came walking over and saw The King. But, unfortunately The King saw her. "Gee, thanks. While you and me were chatting you sent your sidekick to loot my base. That's real nice" he commented, obviously filled with anger. It was then I realized all this time we were in the wrong. The Wendy had set us up. It wasn't worth telling The King, since he would dismiss it as a lie. I didn't know the username of the Wendy, but I had a very strong feeling of who it was. I decided I would have to force my way out of this conversation. Fighting was out of the question with The King, so like any proud Don't Starve Together player, I ran for my life. The King was probably in the middle of typing something, since it took him about three seconds to realize we were running. Wigfrid and I ran and broke down a wall. We had a head start on The King, but he was using a walking cane to catch up with us. 

Once we were outside the base, we started to run to the nearest wormhole, but The King had caught up with us. We double-teamed him, but his gear made it very difficult to effectively kite him. We had both started to freeze by now, and we needed to think of something fast. I had Wigfrid distract him for a minute while I ran over to some nearby trees. I lit as many of them on fire as I could, and then I had Wigfrid run into the slowly spreading fire with me and escape through the trees. The King quickly followed, but by now the trail behind us had really started burning. As we ran, the fire spread to the trees behind us, meaning he would have to run through a lot of fire to catch us. Luckily, he had no method of putting out the fire, since he was chasing us in a mad rush. Eventually, after a couple turns, we had managed to escape. I hadn't seen Wolfgang's death message, so I used chat to talk to him. He had manage to escape with a lot of food, and was hiding out in a desert. In our mad dash we had ended up in the Dragonfly's biome. The boss didn't seem to be around though, so perhaps we were safe. 

That night at our fire, I discussed the plan with my teammates. We would have to regroup with Wolfgang and get revenge on Wendy, all while avoiding The King's forces. First we had to find Wendy, then we would need to prepare for the fight against her. As day broke we regrouped with Wolfgang at spawn. Winter would only last a few more days, so we wouldn't have to worry about clothing for much longer. Hopefully, we could find Wendy while it was winter, so she wouldn't be able to run for long before freezing once we caught up to her. We began the hunt, first by asking around in chat. Turns out she didn't have a base and just wandered the map, so we searched the most appealing biomes for a nomad to visit. Unfortunately, while we were visiting a swamp, we ran into Woodie and his two sidekicks, a Wilson and Webber. Woodie ordered his lackeys to attack, and drew his dark sword.

I battled Woodie myself, while Wigfrid and Wolfgang dealt with the other two. Woodie still had the same set of nightmare armour from when I duelled him earlier. That made fighting him a lot harder, and when I began to lose, I decided to change my fighting style. As he chased me deeper into the swamp, I managed to get one hit on him, but took two hits myself. But my plan succeeded, as he hit me, a tentacle popped up and hit him twice. He must have been using the forced attack key, because he hit the tentacle instead of me. I capitalized and hit him, stun-locking him between me and the tentacle. By now Wolfgang and Wigfrid had already slain Woodie's compatriots, and they rushed over to kill the tentacle and finish Woodie off. After Woodie died, I realized he must have alerted The King, and he was probably already coming here with some allies. We hurried across the swamp, attempting to evade the coming forces. But as we were running across the swamp, we saw the Wendy. She panicked and ran when she saw us, but not fast enough for me to mouse over her username and confirm my suspicions. We were dealing with someone much more dangerous than The King. We were dealing with Wes. 

On 2/1/2016 at 9:14 PM, MiniKeeper said:

I wanted him to make the first move so he would I could kite him, but he just stood there.

In out mad dash we had ended up in the Dragonfly's biome.

But as we were running across the swamp, we saw the Wendy. She panicked and ran when she saw us, but not fast enough for me to mouse over her username and confirm my suspicions. We were dealing with someone much more dangerous than The King. We were dealing with Wes. 

Audible GASP! He's... back?! O__O

(DUN DUN DUUUUN)

Archived