[Bug] Planted Palm Trees In the Ocean

Elif

I am not sure this bug has been reported before but I came across it and wanted to warn. So, during a strong wind I planted some coconuts on to my main island and they started shifting away with the wind. A few days later, I find out that they have grown in the ocean near the shore, at the spot they shifted to.

bug.jpg

jup, happened to me too. it's a problem with the wind mechanic, because when you loaded a item that was moving around on screen from the wind and unload the area by sailing far away from your island and come back when the wind has stoped, the items which got blown around before you unloaded the area are magically still moving around and eventually end up outside in the ocean. tree seeds suddenly turn to planted saplings and you'll have a tree growing on water.

I think you could burn the stump or the entire tree and permanently remove it that way.

Yeah there's actually a huge exploit with this glitch that I saw a streamer abusing the other day. He basically made a little catch area of sandbags and planted a bunch of saplings during the windy parts of the hurricane season so that the tree seeds all bunched up on top of each other in that one tiny corner of the sandbags, so he had like 100+ trees in one condensed spot, and then he blew it up with a cannon with an ice throwing machine nearby so they didnt burn, giving him a ridiculous amount of free logs, eggs, cooked monster meat, and bananas with very little effort. It's pretty problematic.

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 8:13 AM, SirBuizelton said:

Yeah there's actually a huge exploit with this glitch that I saw a streamer abusing the other day. He basically made a little catch area of sandbags and planted a bunch of saplings during the windy parts of the hurricane season so that the tree seeds all bunched up on top of each other in that one tiny corner of the sandbags, so he had like 100+ trees in one condensed spot, and then he blew it up with a cannon with an ice throwing machine nearby so they didnt burn, giving him a ridiculous amount of free logs, eggs, cooked monster meat, and bananas with very little effort. It's pretty problematic.

I'd call that somewhat clever. I'll look into cannon farming trees in the future. Without the windy exploit though. Did it kill the snakes as well?

Archived