Restoring a save

Lydio

Hello, so today i decided to do some testing with the deerclops that involved getting killed and such. The issue here? I entered god mode and somehow still died and the statue i had apparently isnt working (it started erasing the saves)

So my question is.. is there any possible way to keep this world? I pressed the console as soon as i noticed, meaning no black popup of death yet, however in the logs it shows the "Erasing .."

I really dont feel like losing a 600 day world over some bug

Cross you fingers and hope it is erased yet.

Go to the folder where your steam is installed (if you are using steam), e.g.C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

Then, go under userdata, you will find one or a few folders, which represent you steam account. You will have to go in each one to see which is the account you were using. Go under that folder that represent your account, find the folder 219740, which represent the game Don't Starve. Go under remote, then you will see a bunch of files, survival_1, survival_2, etc. The number after "_" represent the save slot your saved game is using. If the file is deleted, it's probably gone. Else, copy corresponding file from the folder and paste it elsewhere. Close your game and copy the file back into the folder; restart your game.

If you are not using steam, I assume that you may find your save under my documents, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Just now, ThisIsNotAName said:

Cross you fingers and hope it is erased yet.

Go to the folder where your steam is installed (if you are using steam), e.g.C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

Then, go under userdata, you will find one or a few folders, which represent you steam account. You will have to go in each one to see which is the account you were using. Go under that folder that represent your account, find the folder 219740, which represent the game Don't Starve. Go under remote, then you will see a bunch of files, survival_1, survival_2, etc. The number after "_" represent the save slot your saved game is using. If the file is deleted, it's probably gone. Else, copy corresponding file from the folder and paste it elsewhere. Close your game and copy the file back into the folder; restart your game.

If you are not using steam, I assume that you may find your save under my documents, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I meant: Cross your fingers and hope it is NOT erased yet.

Archived