Rollenspiel Von Dem Gestapo!

greenglacier

Alrighty, so I was thinkin' about making up something new and original but couldn't really find a thing that hasn't been on these forums. Anyways here I go and describe this role-play:

post-297964-0-54895200-1452631072_thumb.

post-297964-0-49983200-1452631085_thumb.

post-297964-0-63286200-1452631080_thumb.

post-297964-0-95795900-1452631090_thumb.

post-297964-0-33386900-1452631926_thumb.

post-297964-0-20749800-1452632650_thumb.

Character creation:

Your character must have the following details.

Race (Human, Cloaked One, Shadow):

Name:

Goals: -Becoming a teacher, getting promotion, getting married, killing someone etc. (Human)

-Killing people, making others do bad things, seek for salvation etc. (Cloaked One)

-Influencing others, creating more shadows, manipulating people (Shadow)

Personality:

Appearance:

Backstory (If given, not necessary):

Thing(s) to reach salvation (as a cloaked one):

Other things (Not necessary):

Characters in-game:

Simon by greenglacier

Darren by WaddleDee

Alexandra by Mobbstar

Jeff by Asparagus

Roman by Dannyrulx

Edited by greenglacier
  • Like 1

My character.

Race: Human

Name: Simon

Goals: -To become a biologist at the Gestapo HQ and with his research stop the creation of shadows.

-Get a girlfriend.

-Examine a shadow.

Personality: Simon is a peaceful but "durable" person. He likes supernatural as well as inexplicable things. Loves cute girls, sweets and meat. Would like to say out a lot of things but doesn't have the nerve to do. Doesn't dream but would like to. It's easy to persuade him. Lazy.

Appearance: Has light brown, shoulder length hair which he wears as a bun. Brown eyed, light brown skinned, has a scratch on his face om the left. His eyes usually look very serious even when he's happy. 88 kilogram and 185 cm tall, quite muscular but not really. 

(I wonder why would you give these details when everything is gray, well the more you know, I guess?)

Backstory: He was born in the southern district of the gray capital as the son of a famous doctor and a nurse. Since his childhood he always loved science, even more biology and abstract things. At the age of 14 he went to high school where he learned biology and physics. Now he's 19 and first year at the local University of Healthcare. 

Other things: His favorite food is fried chicken with BBQ, taco and likes lazing around.

Is this good?

Race: Cloaked One

Name: Darren

Goals: Experiment with powers, find salvation.

Personality: Darren is naturally a quiet, reserved person, traits which have grown more prominent ever since the onset of his depression. While he may seem to be abrasive at first, he is actually a sensitive, caring person to those he considers friends. He suffers when making commitments, as he has a habit of starting projects with a lot of passion, but running out of motivation and quitting halfway through.

Appearance: Short, ruffled light brown hair and pale skin. Gray eyes, scrawny, 167 cm tall. Dresses somewhat casually, no matter the occasion.

Backstory (If given, not necessary): Darren grew up in a rich family and went to a prestigious school, with a bright future ahead of him. One day, however, while he was driving his sister around, a horrific car accident took his sister's life. He ended up blaming himself and being unable to cope, withdrawing from his friends and family. He currently works a 9-5 desk job at the age of 30, despite the feeling that it's a dead-end.

Thing(s) to reach salvation (as a cloaked one): Come to terms with the death of his sister, feel needed.

Other things (Not necessary): As a newly-turned Cloaked One, Darren has yet to be spotted or be aware of it himself.

• Like 1

Babbies first RolePlay! I wanted to make an artist character, but... yeah. Then I went for a priest of sorts, but that's not a good idea, not even around these forums. So here's mah chara sheet:

Spoiler

Race: Cloakad

Name: Alexandra

Goals: -Finding a way of seeing a colour again

-Outfox the Gestapo using science stuff

-Be among the clouds

Personality: A slow but steady thinker. Fascinated by mechanics, applied chemistry and the likes, but rather bad at executing experiments. Eloquent and yet coy.  In short, her interests are about as ironic as it can get.

Appearance: I made a portrait for this. A really bad portrait. Better than some description. It's not like stating her hair colour would do any good.

Spoiler

vondemchar.jpg.09168d88191938d5f665a1121

She's somewhat short and moves rather clumsily. Skirts are a no-go.

Backstory: At school, she was the weirdo kid that sucked at everything it tried. However, she wouldn't let anybody pick on her for that, at least not without shooting back. Needless to say, college didn't quite work out. A branch store hired her as warehouser, though she made a living through additional orders, taking her fair share wherever she could.

This all was once. Recently, somebody fell in love with her, and they became a couple. Unfortunately he became a Cloaked One and fled. Filled with grief, she was an easy target for Shadows and became a Cloaked One shortly after. The only thing keeping her from the abyss of depression is the thought of saving her boyfriend and living with him again. This thought is invaluable and kept so carefully, she never talks about him.

She can faintly recall having seen a colour before. She is not sure whether this memory is an illusion/dream or an actual fragment of the past. (it's green but she doesn't know the name)

Thing(s) to reach salvation: Make her boyfriend reach salvation

Other things: Dyslexic tendencies, mostly with long numbers. Always open for short-time apprenticeship. Dislikes ponies, especially the little ones.

Due to my lack of exp. I will probably be rather careful at first. Don't missconstrue my initial behaviour!

Edited by Mobbstar
Improved §§ "appearance" and "other things"
  • Like 1

OK then

Race (Human, Cloaked One, Shadow): Shadow

Name: Jeff

Goals

• Trying to feel something... anything...
  • Making other people the source of his own entertainment...
  • Trying to fit into society as a shadow...

Personality: Sad, but pretends to feel emotion... may or may not be homicidal...

Appearance: A pale shadow... always wears a smile... may or may not be wearing a porcelain mask...

Backstory (If given, not necessary): Has forgotten what his life used to be like... Doesn't even remember his real name... goes under the name Jeff because he heard someone say that name around him...

Thing(s) to reach salvation (as a cloaked one):

Other things (Not necessary): May or may not help other players/characters... acts out of boredom and sadness... occasionally tries to hug people...

Edited by Asparagus
Forgot to specify which race...
  • Like 1

@Mobbstar, @Asparagus, @WaddleDee alright you three. I'll start my story and you can also start yours.

Simon walked on the street on his way home. He was listening music on his old MP3 player and hummed quietly when bumped into a Gestapo officer.

The officer got quite suspicious of the big guy full of life.

Officer: - Fellow citizen, what are you doing here on the street this time of the day?  

Simon: - Eh- Oh. Yessir, I'm heading home from work! Excuse me for my clumsiness! Me and my silly habits...

Officer: - Don't you worry you might encounter a shadow this late? Why won't you ask your employer to let you go home earlier. It's dangerous you see.

Simon: - Well, er, yes. You're completely right, Sir Officer but... I'm overworking today for extra payment.

Officer: - Tsk. People these days... *he whispered under his nose* Alright, citizen but do not exhaust yourself. You better go earlier home tomorrow and get some sleep. Also... I hope you're aware that it IS forbidden to hum any kind of song in public. Don't think that you're an exception because you work for the Gestapo *he adjusted slightly Simon's badge*

Simon: - Yes. Most certainly, sir. I'm going home right away and I promise you'll never hear me hum again in public.

Officer: - Good. Now turn that MP3 off. That thing annoys the hell out of me.

Simon: - Yes...

Simon took his way home and went to bed but he couldn't sleep. He wondered what if he had bumped into a shadow that day instead of an officer. He'd not be here, lying in his bed alive, he though and fell asleep.

• Like 1

Darren paced back and forth in his apartment's living room, trying rather unsuccessfully to focus himself. This wasn't the first time he'd been unable to concentrate on something, and he knew it probably wouldn't be the last. He wandered over to his computer, where an unfinished spreadsheet lay open on the desktop. So much for getting anything done today.

Turning away from the harsh light of the screen, Darren walked to his apartment's main window and gazed out. If there was anything good about having an apartment on the 8th floor, it was the view. The city sprawled out below him, people scurrying to and fro while the Gestapo patrols made their evening rounds. Every now and then, he'd see a flicker of movement as a Shadow moved among the streets, the officers just barely missing them. He watched this strange game of indirect cat-and-mouse for what seemed like an eternity, the numbers of the Gestapo's patrol gradually thinning as the sun vanished behind the horizon. Abruptly, Darren glanced at the clock. It was much later than he'd hoped. He sighed, saved the spreadsheet, and walked to his bed.

Perhaps he'd get better results tomorrow.

• Like 2

Alexandra yawned. It was late at night, yet she decided to play around with a broken microscope and a candle flame. No interesting results could be expected from these efforts, but there wasn't anything better to do. Not in this room, at least. Not in her hide-out for the night.

A brief clatter came from the door. No sound followed, everything was quiet as a graveyard again. It might have been a Shadow. It wouldn't get in, Alex has locked the door, like any sane person would. Or has she forgotten? Just before standing up and checking, a thought crossed her mind: "What if that's the Gestapo? Silence is the dictate of the moment!"

And so, she sat there. Idle, tired, constantly keeping an eye on the door, thinking of historical people who might have been in a similiar situation, trying to calm herself, hoping it was just a cat or alike.

(I'm unsure whether present perfect is the correct tense in the second paragraph :cry:)

• Like 1

Jeff had just woken up. His apartment dark and damp. A draft through the window caressed his face as he looked into the night. The streets were lit, vehicles zoomed past the streets; their lights making a beautiful sight... yet Jeff feels little...

He opens his closet to find his suit and tie ready... but first... some camouflage. He presses a button on top of the closet and a room behind it opens. A room full of make-up, masks, and gentlemen's accessories. A few quick touch-ups of flesh colored make-up to hide his pale face; he takes with him a handkerchief, a wrist watch, his wallet, and a box of retractable piano wire. He dons on his suit and walks out into the night. People walking around with their smiles... those b*stards.

He's dressed smart... smart enough to keep a few suspicious eyes off him... a few blocks away, a coffee shop he frequents is just opening. This shop caters to those with... "special needs"...

A man on the front recognizes him and just as 2 gestapos were about to turn a corner, he is led in.

• Like 2

(So far so good guys. @Asparagus, holy moly. As I read this I was filled with excitement. I keep wondering what's all this 'round Jeff.

@Mobbstar, it's fine! Looks good to me :)

@WaddleDee, tomorrow never comes... Nvmd, it does. Maybe tomorrow.)

Simon woke up early in the morning, still having the words of that officer from yesterday in his mind. Dressed up in his casual outfit and took his suitcase with his laboratory clothes in it. "A new dawn a new day!" He said cheerfully. "Maybe today I'll make some progress with my research. The Gestapo counts on me! So do the people!" He said to himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(I have an idea for a character I might like to introduce, if you're still accepting, but it all depends on the answer to one question:

Is blood still red in this world?)

(Roses are grey, violets are grey,

Azure Bluets aren't azure nor blue, they're actually almost white

All is grey, so they say,

Ask @greenglacier, I just work here.)

(I'm confident you can still come in. The more, the messier merrier)

Loud steps from the above floor awakened Alex. After giving a wince, she felt reliefed. It was just the occupants of the upper flats, based on which she infers it was early morning already. "If I hurry, I can get out on the street before anybody leaves. The rendezvous is rather soon. I must not let loose.", she thought. Some lipstick and a pathetic shirt were quickly put on. Alex slipped into an ordinary jacket and made a few last adjustment to herself in front of the mirror.

The outdoors was downright infested with Gestapo patrolmen. They had to make sure there wasn't a single Shadow left on the street. That, and they made morning strolls a greater challenge than riding an unicycle. Luckily, Alex knew a covert nook close-by, where she would hide until the worst would be over.

Edited by Mobbstar
Fixed grandma mistakes

(damit, it's already morning in the story?)

They were everywhere... the streets were filled with them... Damn that cat he thought to himself as he sucked in air through his teeth as he hung on a ledge with the sturdy piano wire.

Overlooking the city, he spies a few nooks and shadows that could lead him back to his apartment... but for now, he has to stay up here until the coast is clear... "They've added more patrols as it seems..." he sighed... as the last of the patrol turned the corner, he extended his chord and rappelled down and quickly ran the corners... in his pocket, a note. "This should get me those new ties..." he smiled to himself... an empty smile... he really felt nothing... but feigning emotion was more of a hobby now... "I hope that kid won't take too much out of my cut..."

As a patrol was about to come close....he disappears into the shadows... 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2016 at 4:32 PM, Asparagus said:

acts out of boredom and sadness... occasionally tries to hug people...

(I'm 100% his hugs doesn't influence anyone! *sarcasm*)

Simon asked his employer to let him go home earlier because a Gestapo officer said so. His employer allowed his request and he left at 6 pm. Even so he felt like he's missing something, a crucial thing that he always takes with himself. "My MP3!" He said to himself. "I got to go back for it!" He thought. Simon took his way back to the Gestapo's Apartment where their experiments take place then a thrill went down on his spin suddenly. He turned around and saw a patrol walk out the next street. Just stared after the patrol as it disappeared. In fact he had stared if a blinking street lamp hadn't distract his always going yet right now empty mind. Simon took a glace at the lamp and saw a shadow disappear behind the narrow dead end. He knew what he saw. "It was a shadow!" He thought to himself. "I shouldn't..." And he carefully begun to move in the direction of the lamp.

(Wow, that's one heck of a time-jump. If this pace keeps on, I'll have to make use of flashbacks and the likes. You don't know just how complicated and disputable my sentences can become...)

It was already afternoon when Alex reached her destination. The alleyway shrouded a friend of hers in its shadows. After a brief glance behind her back, just to make sure nobody is following her, Alex entered the darkness.

To her suprise, a Shadow sat still against the wall. "Don't worry 'bout that fella! She's a business partner, y'know?" Alex almost jumped in fright, calmed herself eventually and replied: "I know you're a shady guy, Mark, but that was a bit over the top. This could have gone another way." He didn't seem very impressed by the knife she releaved, yet enough to change the topic: "You'll be glad to hear I got a couple o' hints.

One's of a detective of sorts, has a case that matches your description. Th' other's of a bouncer, let a guy hide from the beefeaters, nothing abnormal, but the guy's look matches. Y'may wanna go to the bar first, or they fuddle the memories 'way. Gotta warn you, that ain't a normal bar though." "I'll keep that in mind. What's the address, who's the doorman?" Mark handed her a note and the "detectives" file.

Satisfied with the tracks, Alex wished farewell and went her way.

Darren wandered the streets, staring at the sidewalk ahead of him. Today was a blur, a pattern destined to repeat itself day after day. Clock in, clock out, repeat. He didn't even know what his work accomplished, only that it produced a paycheck just big enough to pay for rent and groceries. Today had felt even more bleak than usual, so he had decided to take a meander through the city streets after work, to see where he'd end up. Anything to break the monotony.

He walked by building after building, mingling with crowds as they passed. As his eyes scanned the surroundings, he noticed what looked like a coffee shop a ways ahead of him. Having not been in one for a long time, Darren hurried ahead. The glass door opened with a soft creak as he stepped inside, the scent of freshly-roasted coffee wafting throughout the store. A strange sense of comfort overcame Darren, and he found himself ordering a latte and sitting at one of the tables.

As he sat, Darren gazed out the window, pleasantly surprised to see a new perspective of the streets. Even though it was getting late, he wasn't very worried about the Gestapo's patrols. If they asked, he could just make up an excuse. Not like he hadn't ever done that before, anyways.

At that moment, a flicker walked past the window. A shadow? Out already? Darren's stomach twisted itself in fear. He'd never seen one up close, but there it was. Had it seen him? In a bit of a hurry, he took what remained of his latte and excused himself.

And walked straight into the shadow's pursuer, a muscular young man.

• Like 2

As she was walking along the street, Alex couldn't help but feel like that Gestapo officer was following her. He kept a fair distance to her, no way could she be suspicious from so far away. The Cloaked One went through her options. If she were to keep going, she'd lead him to the shifty bar, which is not acceptable. If she were to start dallying, that'd not only be more suspicious, he would easily be able to catch up.

The only thing Alex could do is to look out for an alternative destination and shake him off there. Speaking of the devil... She spots what must be a hotel. Open doors, many stories and what appears to be a lift. "Perfect!", she thought and made a bee-line for it. The receptionist greeted and offered help, Alex ignored him. The lift was there, so she took the opportunity and went in. But she knew the officer would either catch up or wait for her to come back down, therefore the basement was her selection.

Alex turned around and saw the officer's grumpy mien. He didn't even bother trying to catch the lift, the doors were already shutting themselves. The few people in the lobby who noticed all this seemed somewhat confused. Finally the doors closed and the ride began. Only now did Alex realise that the display above the lift doors revealed the target storey. "Hopefully the staircase down here is a seperate one, then I might be able to block it. When he gives up getting through, I will use it to escape."

(I will continue this adventure later)

• Like 2

(Jeff's getting quite a workout... and a few sightings as it seems...)

They were still everywhere... it's already getting dark... Damn this, it's still light out... I'm a sitting duck out here... he thought and at that same moment, he noticed another patrol rolling around... damn it all, I forgot to take a mask with me... there's a ton of people too... he sucked in air through his teeth, fixed his posture, and blended in with the crowd... all the while trying to avoid any physical contact...

Trying to avoid the Gestapo's gaze, he narrows his eyes on a path, his eyes darting left and right watching people's movements and predicting where they'll move next... swimming up-river... he finds gaps in the flow of humans, from people stopping to talk to people trying to get across the streets... people generally avoided physical contact with other people here... a precaution... this was the norm... but some are more adept to this than others... those who do this on a constant basis tend to either be humans who want to avoid getting touched by a shadow... or a shadow not wanting to get caught...

A woman is walking towards him, carrying a bag of groceries covering most of her vision... she doesn't see him... but he sees her just fine... he takes a step to the left, keeping the forward momentum, to avoid bumping into her... she makes a move to move in the same direction, but only to get her groceries balanced again... but that added a new variable to his calculations... he had to quickly take another step to the left keeping an eye on her... but at this, a child holding his mother's hand waved his arms to catch his mom's attention, catching Jeff by his sides... at that moment, Jeff's panic became the child's panic... Dammit! Sh*t! he screamed in his head... the child began hyperventilating and looking around, eyes darting left and right... then he screamed. People started to look at the child and the mother now trying to calm him down, panic seeming to get to her as well... Jeff tries to help, but touching them would make it worse... the Gestapo quickly investigate the commotion... Jeff runs away though the gap and crosses the road... the lamps were starting to light up... the streets are getting brighter... he has to get back "there"... he needs to lose these guys... a dark place... there, in the alley... a short climb... a few ledges... this will do... he hears the sound of boots turning the corner... using his sturdy chord, he latches it on to the iron bars of a fire escape and climbs up... a button on his suit getting snagged on the way up... it comes off... Really?! he exasperated as he now contemplates on going back all the way to his apartment for a fresh suit or going to where he was supposed to be going a few short blocks away... he raises an eyebrow... and with that, Jeff jumps to the roofs bounding to his apartment...

Edited by Asparagus
Because a thing made sense in my head but reading it made it sound stupid...
  • Like 2