I am just about to beat my record in reign of giants my golad is day 100

A year ago, my best was 335 days with WX, killing every season boss and crafting everything that I could. However I could not stand to visit the ruins since I am scared of losing my character(even dying with meat effigy), so after getting tired of playing I quit. My old laptop got its hard drive corrupted and I can't get my save file. Now I am back playing with a new laptop and new save. Currently at day 42 and trying to get my problem solve before playing again. 

My record is a day 250 world with Wigfrid that I haven't played in for like half a year because I kinda got bored.

Also I remember the first time I reached 100 days in rog. I was playing with Webber, day 98. It was summer but I had a flingomatic. A fire started and it actually managed to burn one of my chests. I thought "Phew good thing I have this flingomatic". Before I even realized that an old bell was stored in that chest a moleworm had already grabed it. I probably could have rebuilt my base but after that I didn't really feel like continuing and killed myself with a spider queen on day 100.

My record is day 420 (I don't remember it being intentional, but I'm sure it was tbh) as Wolfgang. I cleared out all 3 ruins, crafted the 3 houndius shootiuses available and had a ton boss loot. On that world I killed the dragonfly twice in melee combat, the first time with a ham bat and log suit/football helmet.

Damn, I loved that world. I even had a krampus sack, which I got in my first summer after aggressively farming glommer for old bells. Weirdly, it took me a full 4 in game years to get a Tam o' Shanter: 2 to find Mactusk (I found his den in the evening of the last day of Winter, so I had to wait another year) and another 2 to get the damned thing to drop (I spent two full winters taking out his igloo before it dropped on the last day of the second winter).

I never should've left that world. I went through the telepotato and made a new world as WX-78. I took the turrets with me, and they do all of my dirty work and help me farm spiders and stuff. I even took out the dragonfly as WX in melee combat, but I got bored of the world after 100 days and now it sits there on my hard drive gathering dust.

You know what's crap too? Despite the Wolfgang world's success, my base was TINY. It took up 2 fling-o-matics to cover everything, including my 20+ chests. I only had 4 improved farms and 16 berry bushes, and nowadays I go for 8 or 9 farms and 60+ berry bushes. I should've kept that world and made a mega base.

Oh well...

I feel you, Nickolas--the first time I broke 100 days was a big deal, too.  I still haven't done much beyond that in RoG--I think my record was about, what, 135 days?  (Bonus, however, for that also being the time I FINALLY beat adventure mode and freed Maxwell.)  
My record on vanilla is...I think about 240 days, all together, shared across two worlds and characters.  Willow had an awesome thing going on with a base _juuuust_ close and far enough away to use tribal pigs as muscle to kill off anything bugging her (hounds, treeguards, etc.) and then Wolfgang got a bad world-gen seed and died pretty early.

I still have yet to do several bigger, more advanced things in the game (anything at all to do with ruins, killing giants instead of running away screaming when they show up, etc.) so there's still more to look forward to.  And continually die trying!  ;)

...Notorious

I'm on day 240 rn, although I have used the console a bit, so I wouldn't compare it XD

Got frustrated with bearger destroying my base again though, so might delete that and start over.

100 days without console is very good, congrats :)

171 days (without console or mods) with Willow, jumped through the Wooden Thing in order to escape the Summer of Death, then about 9 days as Wes after hitting "Random"...and then realising I'm REALLY not used to playing him yet as I died to, like, the first hound wave. : P  I think it came out to around 180 days total.

In DST (which has RoG content), so far my record is 109 days. And then EVERYTHING HAPPENED AT ONCE.  Seriously, I got hit by lightning _right_ after getting the warning that the hounds were coming, then frogs started raining during the same storm, THEN it went dark, and THEN I ran into a giant spider nest right next to a SPRING GIANT, eff you, forum, site!

...wow.

Well, you can't say I went out boringly!

...Notorious

I have an ongoing Day 470-480 with Wickerbottom. My base is on an island you have to access through another island, and I've never seen that before so I haven't killed the Guardian yet in fear of losing it. I don't really touch it anymore due to this.

My second longest is a Day 448ish? It's one of my older ones with Wilson and I grew very bored of it even though it has one of the largest islands I've seen.

After day 200 or so you start running out of things to do and usually have exhausted most of the materials in your world. At least I do.

If I don't like the world I jump through the wooden thing so that's what most of my saves amount to.

Mid-400s with Wlibur, linked to SW (obviously). I mostly started this ROG world for resources to remodel my swamp base in SW into a fishermerm resort, but the base is so nice I've stuck around. Once you have 30-40 tooth traps and a nearby herd of beefalo, hounds and Goose Goose are easy to take out. I jump through a nearby wormhole to get to an area I keep well-planted with trees when Bearger or Deerclops come,then run them around for wood until a treeguards kills them. Dragonfly takes some advanced planning so you know you have a stack of ashes and 14 gunpowder on hand in the summer, but if you do that, he's easy too. I should be spending more time in the cave scrounging for minerals, though, since that's really war I came for, besides the tams. I just don't want to go back to SW in monsoon or hurricane season.

Just reached day 400 right now, and I'm struggling to find something new to do

The only thing that came in mind for me was beating the third ruins, but it's simply disconnected to the main cave path, in a isolated island, which means I'm spending all my Lazy Travelers to go back and forth.

I hope SW will bring the emotion of life and death back to me

I'm not very good at surviving long amounts of time on a single world. Inevitably I get bored and do something monumentally stupid (like fighting a spider queen without paying attention to my armor) and get myself killed. I tried avoiding this personal flaw by using Wilson for easy infinite revives, but my current 70-day base with him got burned down by Dragonfly because my gunpowder wasn't close enough to kill him the first time.

I'm now on a new RoG world, spring start with Wendy (yet another noob character xd) nearing the end of my second summer on day 107, which is my current record. I have 2 bases (one is a smaller desert base for a more painless summer), but no wormhole between them so it can be tiresome to travel back and forth. Hopefully, I won't be a moron this time around and live to something actually impressive like day 200.

As  Wx world I have beat 1500 days where I am making an insane mega base where I farm 1 of my 3 goat herds or farm varges hounds for gems, have a tall bird circle and 4 mak tusk igloos with all I can eat honey and connect to my Shipwrecked world for my butter farms and still I continue in the hope that they will actually make Shipwrecked worlds worth playing.

Archived