The Legend of Spider Nation

Based on a true story.

:snarlingspider:

Chapter 1: The beginning

Our story begins with just one spider. That one spider happened to be me. I had joined a pvp server. I spent the first couple of days gathering supplies and eventually I made a little base. I planted spider eggs on top of the base to ward off any intruders. I made a saddle and rode around on beefalo for a bit, but then my good friend Waddle Dee (On the forums here) joined in. He also chose Webber. I don't remember much of the stuff that happened next stuff, but there was one Webber who must of got raided, and swore to kill whoever stole his stuff. Turns out Waddle Dee had bonded with the Webber so when I came to lead him to base, the Webber tagged along.We didn't know it then, but our little group would eventually evolve into the mythical Spider Nation. Everything was going well until hounds attacked. The Webber died. I killed my friend due to Ctrl f, and eventually I staved. We decided this wasn't the end for our group. We left the server and joined a new one without pvp and continued our adventure.

To be continued..

:spidercowers:

Chapter 2: Spider Nation Begins

The trio joined a new server. This server was on about day 10 or so. We began exploring the land when we found a small human base. It was a pretty good base, good enough to survive in. There were a couple people living there. A couple of humans, and a spider. We told this spider our plan of Spider Nation, and he liked our shenanigans so he led us to one of those spider infested rocky biomes. We all planted our spider eggs and started a huge spider war to get silk to upgrade the dens.Slowly but surely our nests grew into tier three dens. By this time most people knew about spider nation, but weren't really paying attention to it. Little did they know that the small little spider clan would evolve into a army. A couple new Webbers joined us increasing our numbers. By this time our base consisted of an alchemy engine, fire pit, and a ton of spider dens. The rocky biome was really close to the human base we saw earlier, so they were getting increasingly worried. Eventually all the humans from that base died due to our strong spider warriors, including a Wendy, this particular Wendy will become important to the story later.

To be continued...

Chapter 3: Server Domination 

As time went by, people started acting smart and chose Webber. We gained a couple new members, thus outnumbering the humans to spiders. Our number of dens increased, with every night bringing stacks of glands, meat, and silk. It looked like winter was going to be a joke. Everybody was struggling with sanity though, so we gave everybody a top hat, marking the members of Spider Nation. By this time, people knew something was up. Many people left. One of these people to stay was a Non-Spider Nation Webber, who mostly laughed at all our shenanigans, saying such quotes as "You guys are worse than griefers" and "XD". He helped us eventually. And after many days we had finally done it. The last human had left the server. We had done it. Spider Nation had taken over an entire server. The next couple of days had people joining, and all our members screaming in chat "CHOOSE WEBBER, OR YOU ARE DOOMED FOREVER!" Some people actually listened, and we gained members, but some didn't listen to our warnings and chose wrong. By this time it was winter, so when they asked for warmth we didn't know what to tell them. Some spiders planted their nests at the human base, so we had no idea where they could go. All the new humans died, including a particularity rude player who swore at us because we had no place to warm him. Nobody wanted to help him of course. She eventually died and left. It was all spiders for a couple of days until...the witch...

To be continued 

Chapter Four: The Witch

After those couple of days, a certain Wendy rejoined. This Wendy found a touchstone and revived. We pretty much ignored her for a couple days until we got a report from a member. The human base had been burned to the ground. I went up to inspect it and it was true. The base had burned down with a certain Wendy standing in the middle of it all. "I burned your base :p" read the vile text over her head. We knew we had to take this witch down. We amassed a large army of our greatest spider warriors and attacked. The witch was doomed, and quickly was devoured. A ghastly ghost emerged from the bones. The witch wasn't giving up. The spirit quickly floated towards our main base of operations and haunted our nests, quickly hypnotizing our troops. Our troops, confused, charged to what looked like the witch, but was actually our own men. Many Webbers died in the terrible attack. Luckily, the spider from earlier was a pretty good player, and we had a ton of glands so quickly everyone was revived. After about a day of the witch haunting our troops, the witch gave up, seeing as we would not give up. She disconnected. Another victory for Spider Nation! You would think this would be the end of our story on such a happy note, but alas, we must dive into the death of Spider Nation. Yes I know it's sad but we have to. But we won't dive into that right now. That's for next chapter

To be continued...

Chapter 5: The End of a Nation

It had been a few days filled with peace and quiet. Waddle Dee and the other spider ran off to trade or something with the non-Spider Nation spider. Perhaps they can tell that story. These days involved mostly me begging for rations, as most of the monster meat was on Waddle Dee. This happened for a few days until load growls filled the air. How could this happen? Then I realized something. The Non-Spider Nation spider had come to our base. He had wanted to destroy Spider Nation. What a dirty trick. There was no time to question his methods though, as the beast was already on its way. It didn't seem like we would make it, as most of our Webbers had no armor. We all charged the beast, taking turns stabbing it with our spears and axes, but it seems that wasn't enough to best the beast. Many troops died in that fight, and many nests were destroyed. We gave up trying to slay the beast, and started leading it away. Though sadly, after a sad case of lag, I was crushed under the arms of the beast. It was all over. Not because I died of course no, I had to go, and so did Waddle Dee. We gave leadership to the spider from before, and left. We never knew if Spider Nation carried on without us, but still. We don't know if Spider Nation will ever return (Because really, it's kind of hard to take over an entire dedicated server), but you can really never know. Perhaps the Spider carried on Spider Nation, and it's still alive today. You can never know.

THE END...?

Archived