Shipwrecked Roadmap

On 3/12/2016 at 0:32 AM, hyiltiz said:

Cutlass supreme is ****ting on dark sword and basically nothing in the Magic tab has much low usefulness than dark sword (which is literally useless now)

Magic tab useless?

Nightmare Armor is the best body armor in the game. With how armor stacking is calculated, the armor equipped last talks the bulk of damage. Nightmare armor makes thulecite crowns last for 26.6k damage, making your thulecite and bubbles last forever.

Pan Flute is one of the strongest items in the game. AOE sleep is huge; I use pan flutes for the majority of my hound attacks. Flutes are easily renewable through green gems and trawling (one green gem equals 37.5 pan flute uses).

Chilled amulet is great for both RoG and SW Summers.

Ice Staff is great for single enemy control and penning mobs. Also putting out fires.

Fire staff is great crowd control.

Telestaff for WX overcharge, creating rain, causing earthquakes, telestaffing yourself and other mobs across the map.

Old bell for mass farming resources, causing massive earthquakes, stomping giants, and digging up moleworm burrows.

Life Giving Amulets for making skeleton walls.

Dripple Pipes to combat smouldering in RoG.

Belt of Hunger is great for Wolfgang and Wes.

Meat Effigy for when you accidently screw up.

Nightmare Amulet even has a couple niche uses for beard hair and nightmare fuel farming.

I still prefer Dark Swords to the Cutlass, way easier to farm for me.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as you folks.

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Moon64 said:

Magic tab useless?

Nightmare Armor is the best body armor in the game. With how armor stacking is calculated, the armor equipped last talks the bulk of damage. Nightmare armor makes thulecite crowns last for 26.6k damage, making your thulecite and bubbles last forever.

Pan Flute is one of the strongest items in the game. AOE sleep is huge; I use pan flutes for the majority of my hound attacks. Flutes are easily renewable through green gems and trawling (one green gem equals 37.5 pan flute uses).

Chilled amulet is great for both RoG and SW Summers.

Ice Staff is great for single enemy control and penning mobs. Also putting out fires.

Fire staff is great crowd control.

Telestaff for WX overcharge, creating rain, causing earthquakes, telestaffing yourself and other mobs across the map.

Old bell for mass farming resources, causing massive earthquakes, stomping giants, and digging up moleworm burrows.

Life Giving Amulets for making skeleton walls.

Dripple Pipes to combat smouldering in RoG.

Belt of Hunger is great for Wolfgang and Wes.

Meat Effigy for when you accidently screw up.

Nightmare Amulet even has a couple niche uses for beard hair and nightmare fuel farming.

I still prefer Dark Swords to the Cutlass, way easier to farm for me.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as you folks.

Speaking of Dark Sword vs. Cutlass, Cutlass is not an item that lasts for over long-game since because of the gold issue in SW. Also, having Cutlass gives a big nerf to Maxwell powers. We already have too many sanity regen methods (super effective food, never-running-away pig -> 'sand castle') etc. Also, Dark Sword can be used to farm nightmare fuel since you won't be sane again after killing each nightmare monster, if you keep the sword and the armor on.

Without them and without the (too fake) the nightmare amulet, lowering sanity is really an issue for Maxwell in SW. (I used to eat lots of very spoiled honey in RoG to get insane), since honey is easy to mass-produce.

7 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

Without them and without the (too fake) the nightmare amulet, lowering sanity is really an issue for Maxwell in SW. (I used to eat lots of very spoiled honey in RoG to get insane), since honey is easy to mass-produce.

Maxwell has the easiest time of any character switching between insanity and sanity. Summon those minions. Farm the Nightmare Fuel.

Screenshot (162).png

• Like 1