Shipwrecked Roadmap

I would love it if Klei added some pirates, or bandits, any hostile humaniods that could build their own bases on islands,and maybe raid your base trying to steal supplies from your chests. Once you have a base established the only thing that really threatens you are dog attacks, and the bosses. Nothing else is of any real threat to you unless you engage it first, but its normally only for resources/food. If there was enemy base building in the game, it would add so much more to the game, then you can gear up and raid enemy bases for their resources, as well as defending your own base from being raided.

Also, feels odd to get hound attacks when playing SW, you're on a tiny island and you hear dogs growling coming towards you, but from where? I doubt the hounds are smart enough to have built boats and sail the seas just to get killed.

Once you have a fortified base, enough sticks/grass/berry bushes planted around and farms etc., and you have everything, there's no real reason to ever leave your base. Usually around day 100 whenever i played RoG constantly thats when i get bored because i have enough resources stockpiled to last me forever.

TL:DR. Game needs more hostile enemies that engage you, in order to make staying alive much more difficult forcing you to constantly have to defend yourself and your base and keeping your resources. The seasons shouldnt be the only threat.

• Like 1

Ok, I hear a LOT about RoG mobs and biomes in shipwrecked, but I didn't buy RoG again, I bought a standalone expansion in beta, why not have shipwrecked giants? They are, watch the stream vids Alex and Kelly sit there DRAWING GIANT MOBS and talking about new stuff being added, the script needs work but that's coming too, this is NOT RoG 2, that said, one of the contributing factors to the success of Dont Starve was the mystery of what brought the players to their predicament, little clues were dropped, hints, misdirections and that made the game go from funny to compelling, this new situation seems to lack that, the people are just there, it's Maxwell in a new hat I would just like to see someone take the new hat and reach in to pull out a few rabbits is all

• Like 3

guys im just saying, dont make staying in base impossible with focus on exploring ... like monsoon season with all those stupid insects flying around and volcano season, its pretty much about leaving the base already, just saying

Hehehe

Sadly wont work on me.

We have one tropical themed char now, and that is enough, no need for more, and what they could be?

Some reference to pirate of caraiben movie? Thanks, no need for that.

Fixing and improving game mechanics seems far more important to me than adding a moving sprite with new set of quotes.

can't believe a member of the forums would actually be willing to sacrifice quality over speed

i guess times have really changed

a tip: go to the archived threads since the long live the queen update, study how everything worked  and how people acted on the forums, and realize why it was one of the best betas to ever be.

then come back to say sorry because god help you if you sincerely want to rush anything related to don't starve

im feel like its not even worth it to write this comment, someone in their right mind just doesn't ...ugh..im just so angry

can't believe a member of the forums would actually be willing to sacrifice quality over speed

i guess times have really changed

a tip: go to the archived threads since the long live the queen update, study how everything worked  and how people acted on the forums, and realize why it was one of the best betas to ever be.

then come back to say sorry because god help you if you sincerely want to rush anything related to don't starve

im feel like its not even worth it to write this comment, someone in their right mind just doesn't ...ugh..im just so angry

What?

I didn't say to rush anything, I just prefer 2 more bosses over 2 more characters.

So, idk, maybe read that all again from the start.

• Like 1

What?

I didn't say to rush anything, I just prefer 2 more bosses over 2 more characters.

So, idk, maybe read that all again from the start.

They already have the characters designed and such, so it's not going to happen. But I do agree; I prefer more in the world to interact with than characters to act as

Could someone who knows the biome in the files point me to it? I've seen random mentions of  things like a biome and some bosses and whatnot that were found in the files and if anyone could link me to a list of things found that would be much appreciated 

On 1/8/2016 at 7:47 PM, Hezel said:

I won't pretend my mouth is a fountain of truth; but sometimes, I feel like we more dedicated players are left out for new players and that there isn't much content to go around when one knows how to survive.

This, completely. I have over 600 hours spent in this game and would happily dump another 1000+ into it if I had the ability to sit down and concentrate on it for that long.

I don't know anything about this new group that Klei has working on their game, and while I do have high hopes, I'm also kind of scared that eventually I'm not going to be able to enjoy the game as much as I want to. I sincerely hope they look at this forum regularly and know that having the game become overly biased towards beginners is a very real concern for a large part of the community.

I'll support their decisions regardless but I really hope they're the ones we're hoping for.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Didact04 said:

This, completely. I have over 600 hours spent in this game and would happily dump another 1000+ into it if I had the ability to sit down and concentrate on it for that long.

I don't know anything about this new group that Klei has working on their game, and while I do have high hopes, I'm also kind of scared that eventually I'm not going to be able to enjoy the game as much as I want to. I sincerely hope they look at this forum regularly and know that having the game become overly biased towards beginners is a very real concern for a large part of the community.

I'll support their decisions regardless but I really hope they're the ones we're hoping for.

YES ALL THIS

+ Klei probably need to realise and change "difficulty" from "lets welcome players that never played DS" because it was standalone at first TO "this is second DLC and you need base game to install this so you ALREADY HAVE XP from DS!!!" = you wont expect from any DLC that it will hold your hands because you never played main game right? RIGHT?

• Like 1

I like Dont Starve and its expansions too.Shipwrecked needs to be balanced...Great idea,made very well but there are several bugs:

1.Once I found Spyglass with 0% durability and it had unlimited uses

2.Balance the fight on the water.I was hunting Whales,and it seems dumb to just hunt it with Spearguns,u can make possible to hunt and kite them without taking the punch(or just reduce the damage Boat takes(i used Cargo))

3.Wildbores need melee attack,when I attack them,they just do the rush thing...its impossible to poke them

4.Add something like Frog rain(i dont know is it added,just an idea)

5.The Start island s size is too random,sometimes it has huge Jungle and Beach,and sometimes it even doesnt have Jungle,it is based on luck

6.Reduce the number of monkeys.Sometimes 2-3 in Jungle(depending on its size),not 7-10 on small Jungle Biome

These are problems that i found,otherwise a great game :)

One of the first balance changes should be how often the Palm Guards get upset. It's WAY to often. I've been on day 10, and had them pop up. I've purposely not chopped palm trees down, only to find the very next one gets up when I have no more logs, 5-8 days AFTER chopping the last tree. Make an axe, chop trees, get about 17-20 logs, don't make another axe until the wood is gone due to the lack of room in the backpack. I've lost more games to them than almost anything, except maybe hounds, and my morgue shows it. Kind of like Sharkitten Island. I went once, I will never go back unless it's a new game, and I stumble on the island by mistake. I then mark the island as never to return to. Another thing I wonder about, why does Packim not follow one through the edge fog? Chester never had a problem with the Megadrilacea Oraduos, yet Packim can't follow properly?

• Developer
6 hours ago, Billythesquig said:

A delayed game can still be a good game, a bad game is bad FOREVER! -Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario Bros. games) Basically Don't rush the Devs, they don't come to your work and tell you to constantly hurry up

Oh, rushing? No, we were just commenting about the update and if it was soon to be released. Seeing as how the others usually took a somewhat "scheduled" date to be released, judging by number of weeks.

The devs can take their time, we don't want no rushed updates :p

On 2/7/2016 at 8:14 PM, MycoLogical said:

Every character should have a unique boat...

There I said it!

I could definitely see this happening, only if it wasn't so much a unique boat for everyone so much as it is a unique nautical item for everyone. For example Webber could get access to silk sails, or Wickerbottom could craft and use a sextant (functions like a cross between divining rod and compass by pointing towards land), or maybe a boat made entirely of nightmare fuel for Maxwell, and of course, the legendary Wigfrigate for the performance artist. 

• Like 1

Pirate versions of the MacTusk's, aka Captain Tusk and First Mate.  Captain Tusk would have an eye patch instead of a monocle and a pirate hat instead of a Tam.  He would fight with a harpoon instead of a blow dart.  They would be sailing together on separate boats with two sea hounds.  Loot would be walrus tusk, pirate hat, harpoon, meat, and small chance for their boat to remain (maybe a unique boat that can only be obtained form them).  Maybe they would be tied into the floaty-boaty-knight spawning, with a small percentage chance of the pirates spawning instead (unless they are already spawned somewhere or have already spawned that season).

1)monkey drops should definitely be nerfed... silly monkey ball in chest has an infinite durability (probably this is reported somewhere)(who uses 10 grass, limitless rocks to bother making farmland to harvest one piece of sweet potato while u can have 30 banana and 30 morsel every other day?) They should be nerfed like mostly drop nothing except stolen goods (80%), sometimes drop morsel (10%) sometimes drop banana(10%). Pretty much like snake drops..  sometimes snakes dont drop anything with the new update. I mean monkeys are already a perfect tool to farm krampus... Also getting tons of morsel and banana is just over rewarding especially if u think about how easily houses can be made and how many of them can spawn from a single house.. It is just ridiculous). Instead of getting banana from monkeys and jungle trees, why dont u guys add a banana tree which should be extremely hard to find and very hard to have huge farms?

2)Also seaweeds regrow time must be significantly increased. cuz u can survive relying on seaweed forever... No crockpot needed.

3)coffee should not be too easy to make (at least some sort of limitation such as cutting off the duration of effect if it is successively consumed also this coffee speed boost must be disabled for RoG.. That change made the RoG world too easy. (like getting a coffee bean should really be nerfed) Changes should not make the base game completely easy if you ask me.. you can world rush RoG world in 3 days by coming from sw and kite anything easily (kiting is not hard but now it is even easier). I mean sw was planned to be a completely new game rather than a DLC. So this change really affects RoG game  in a bad way.

4)Crafting obsidian tools should be harder (like maybe more obsidian must be required (10-20 for a tool) or really low probability to get a dragoon heart.Cuz obsidians are renewable and u can easily make lotta OP tools in a matter of second. Plant dragoon den and get lotta obsidian... lotta tool. Chop down trees like a pro with your 20 obsidian axe at ur base without worrying about burning things. No pig help is needed. Maybe nightmare fuel and living logs must be added into recipes of obsidian tools. Because nightmare fuels are not really useful in sw . (cutlass supreme makes dark sword totally useless so u also dont really need living logs)

5)And please add some sort of prevention tool to save pig houses in hurricane season. (this can be rather expensive but at least there should be a way to do it. Planting pig houses 5 screen away from base is weird to me).. A suggestion would be fortification of pig houses with obsidian (maybe around 5-10 obsidians to fortify a pig house so you can craft that fortification tool at volcano workbench). But this should also add a downside such as probability of smoldering pig houses in dry season. so player should also consider putting up ice flingomatic for man made pig villages. So there will be a reason to use those all gears (at least 4-6 of them). Or smoldering effect may be ignored but another downside would be added.

Or simply make a fortification from rocks.. Cuz rock are abundant in sw DLC, and you dont really have something to do with them.. Walls? They melt away, make couple of farms and rest of the rocks are just really useless.

6)Sea traps for seahounds (at least something like stuns for some time.)

Edited by Gingerbread
  • Like 1