DragonMage156

DragonMage's Drawing Pad

Best name for a salamander OC (blue and yellow)?   5 members have voted

1. 1. Best name for a salamander OC (blue and yellow)?

• Skinny
    • Sal
    • Slippy
    • Sparky
    • Slim
    • Stretch
    • Lindzo
    • Blue
    • Other (please comment)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

319 posts in this topic

Minespatch hugging you is so cute! ^_^ The rat also.

Get a doctor, I think Otto has crabs O.o

1 person likes this

I think I got some reply art in the future.

arielgoesayyy.png

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Who's Ori?

A character from a game.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

It's really lovely. If you like platform games, stunning visuals and enchanting music then you'll like this :)

2 people like this

The draw the squad piece seems a bit cleaner compared to the others. Is it due to medium or the paper texture?

35 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The draw the squad piece seems a bit cleaner compared to the others. Is it due to medium or the paper texture?

I think it's just from farther away frankly.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

58 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I think it's just from farther away frankly.

Could also be the camera quality. I took that Draw the Squad meme picture the next day due to my camera throwing a fit not taking good enough pictures the night before.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I wish you posted a "all of the above" choice.:wilson_ecstatic:

I could always add it but you already voted :/ plus this is a more of a "which one is best?"

No one's voted for OCs yet

cri

2 people like this

Comics are like storyboarded novels, I like to see the stories you tell in narrative form. :wilson_dorky:

Edited by minespatch

Can't you just draw what you feel like drawing and if you don't think it is suitable fancy enough for the forums then not post it?

Edited by Mobbstar
WAIT NO THAT SOUNDED WRONG
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Can't you just draw what you feel like drawing and if you don't think it is suitable fancy enough for the forums then not post it?

I'll draw my OCs anyway, I'm just sad that no one else likes them as much as I thought -_-

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'll draw my OCs anyway, I'm just sad that no one else likes them as much as I thought -_-

3 people is not everyone else, gee. Also I'm not voting, partly because what I just said, partly because:

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Comics count as drawing ocs right...?

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

we all like them,i like them too

s2FvEnd.jpg

1 person likes this

On 1 agosto 2016 at 9:52 AM, DragonMage156 said:

(The following comment is just constructive criticism) The problem with your ocs is that they are a bit "redundant", as in they are usually just animals (and from what I've seen, not too different personalities).

now I know that's your style, but experimentation can lead to fantastic things! Maybe try some different art styles, some different ocs, see what you can come up with. 

Well, altering the personalities would seem kinda difficult (it's bad enough I don't have much of a personality for Otto except daredevil and Ted so far is only known as the stupid one. Fluffy doesn't have much originality cos she's almost just like me). As for different art styles, I have drawn them more cartoony at one point...

Spoiler

i_have_an_idea_by_dragonmage156-d8t74bi.

do_you_like_my_new_bow__by_dragonmage156

pink_ted_by_dragonmage156-d8t74b7.jpg

But in the end, I preferred my original art style. As fore more OCs, I have many unused ones such as Batsy, a hawk character, and the ferret one I have yet to draw. I was thinking of making a cat character as well but I lack ideas for that as well -_-

If I was gonna change some things to make them more interesting (and maybe improve the current DS comic) then I'll need help and ideas since I'm not good with that myself :/

4 people like this

I don't actually have all these squirrel character. The purple one is just my persona as a squirrel, nothing else. I'm probably never gonna draw that one again. Same with the green one. They were just experiments. As for the pink squirrel, she's more of a one-story kinda character and is only there to create drama/a love triangle. My main four character have a backstory (and would probably develop more as I write it) however the other side character do not.

Batsy is clumsy but I have no idea of where he should live (other than a cave) and who with.

The black hawk character (still in need of a name) is the bad guy that's been hunting Red and his friends for quite sometime now.

Monty the rat is... well... idk. I haven't worked out his personality yet. (I actually named one of my pet rats after him and he had two brothers. However I could only afford two rats at a time so the third one was left at the pet store. His brothers name is Rodney and I'd love to draw those two more but I currently have no good ideas for them).

New ferret character which I have yet to design and name. All I got is she's female and she's supposed to be a good fighter (and maybe good at sneaking around but I don't want her to be a ninja). She may also be Otto's love interested but I'm not sure if that's shipping too many OCs or not.

3 people like this