Shipwrecked Hang Ten (Build 161026) - December 17th

So hail killed me... Is that meant to happen or a bug?
Playing as Webber, was wearing football helmet & seashell armour. Was running around with a hound attack & even though my helmet & armour were still 90%+ each, I just died. Tested it after resurrection & walking over & picking up the hail clocked me for approx. 20 damage each time. I'm aware that hail can hurt you if it hits when falling, but walking over it or picking it up, really? Also the lag from rain + hail + 5 hounds + spiders from a 3 tier nest didn't help!

upvote

Yup.  Snakeskin Flooring ought to be flood-proof, or at least block puddles from starting on it, in keeping with the dryness theme of snakeskin clothing.  4 snakeskins + 1 boards?

On a related note, why does 100% water resistance protect you from getting soaked wading through puddles and tides, but not from getting splashed by waves?

Playing as Webber, was wearing football helmet & seashell armour. Was running around with a hound attack & even though my helmet & armour were still 90%+ each, I just died. Tested it after resurrection & walking over & picking up the hail clocked me for approx. 20 damage each time. I'm aware that hail can hurt you if it hits when falling, but walking over it or picking it up, really? Also the lag from rain + hail + 5 hounds + spiders from a 3 tier nest didn't help!

Hail falling onto the player actually does do damage to them.

There is no way on earth to protect our camp from the flood and puddles.

It's only the matter how you treat with puddles.

Puddles start to form from a puddle spawner that can be blocked by sandbags on the very first days of flooding. The spawners only appear after the first rain in monsoon season and possibly have to be off screen in order to spawn.

So if you turtle in the first 2 rains your base should stay puddle free and surrounding puddles need to be blocked with sandbags.

Before you ask: Yes this mechanic is stupid and not intuitive. Luckily this will be changed.

Unless those are fist-sized hailstones, that doesn't make any sense.

A few more things I find in this update:

1) Endless fight between monkeys and wildbores

a) Build 6 wildbore houses and 2 monkey huts together. 

b) Befriend 1 wildbore and order it to attack a monkey.

c) Watch the fight continuous for days.

2) Werepig will attack sandbag. (intented?)

3) Wildbore get stuck in the conner of sandbag wall

4) Way too many clockwork at sea. Within 20 days my chest have a full stack of gears. May be reduce the gears drop rate?

If we compare headsize to the hail overworld sprites, it does make sense to an extent.

I have no problem with taking the odd falling hail damage... But I was taking damage from walking on/over the hail on the ground & from picking it up! That's with a football helmet & seashell armour equipped. Armour set took no damage, only my character. After saving & exiting, it seemed to reset.

Going to assume that the hail fall damage bugged into constant damage? 

Ok I have a few CTD in this update. Before the update I don't have any CTD.

CTD 1) Happened when 30+ apes start a war killing each other. This one is repeatable.

CTD 2) Happened upon killing a meat bulb. I was in my first year of monsoon. Killed 1 meat bulb earlier without any issue. Then this second meat bulb spawned later the season. I killed it and get CTD. I load up the game and the meat bulb spawned at a different location. Kill it again and get another CTD.

I'm actually playing with Walani and I got to the hurricane's season. Now the game is really lagging like crazy while the winds are blowing. Sins the new update I had some troubles with lags especially with the apes. (Found two islands covered with them and HUM... More than 30 apes following you can make the game rater slow which is normal I guess).

But here there isn't any reasons to lag as there is nothing moving appart from the wind which didn't cause problem before the update. And now the entire game is lagging a little. When I have 4 apes following me the game lags pretty much and freeze during winds.

My informations :

I play on a asuspro laptop

Win 10 - version 1511.

"System exploitation version" translation from "Version du système d'exploitation": 10586.36

Processor : Intel® Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHZ

Memory RAM installed : 4.00 Go (3.89 Go usable)

System type : 64 bits processor x64

DirectX 12.0

Material NVIDIA :

GeForce 820M

Pilot version : 355.54

Version API Direct3D : 12

Do you need any other information to help me out?

Do I need to post my problem on an other post on the forum?

Thanks for the update, Walani is an amazing character ^^
She would be even better if she could upgrade her surfing board c:

Oh yeah!!!! Her surfboard would be GREAT if it could get upgrades...

By the way, is there a way to make the surfboard or any other boats that are no longer usable (like 10 HP or less) sinking or what cause after a time the map can be crowded with almost dead boat but not entirely.

I tried to finish a boat before jumping on a new one and as you can imagine it didn't work :D

By the way, is there a way to make the surfboard or any other boats that are no longer usable (like 10 HP or less) sinking or what cause after a time the map can be crowded with almost dead boat but not entirely.

I tried to finish a boat before jumping on a new one and as you can imagine it didn't work :grin:

Hammer them down to get back half the resources

Archived