Shipwrecked Hang Ten (Build 161026) - December 17th

The flood and sandbag mechanics are something that we'd like to tweak going forward but didn't have a chance to get into this update. 

Oh, fine! Thank you!

I thought they will stay unchanged.

An Hawaiian character; interesting design choice.

So canonically we have a German (Wilson), a Briton? (Willow), a Russian? (Wolfgang), an American? (Wendy), a Dutch (Wickerbottom), a Frenchman (Wes), another Briton (Maxwell) and a Canadian (Woodie) and unknown (WX-78, Webber & Wigfrid)

How did they all end up in Don't Starvia?!

Hmmm, that is Wilsons full name Wilson Percival Higgsbury.

So I guess Higgsbury is definitely not German.

In fact Wolfgang is French because frog legs are a delicacy in his country. (And I don't know any other countries that are so popular for eating frog legs)

Wickerbottom sounds pure british so I'd say she is not Dutch.

And they all got sucked in the codex umbra while attending a magician show performed by Maxwell.

Oh, fine! Thank you!

I thought they will stay unchanged.

Hmmm, that is Wilsons full name Wilson Percival Higgsbury.

So I guess Higgsbury is definitely not German.

In fact Wolfgang is French because frog legs are a delicacy in his country. (And I don't know any other countries that are so popular for eating frog legs)

Wickerbottom sounds pure british so I'd say she is not Dutch.

Klei has confirmed that Wilson is a German character.

Wickerbottom is wearing clogs; don't see many British people wearing those!

Just hotfixes for issues that might arise from this update. We don't want to take the chance of introducing new bugs right before we go on holidays. 

Thanks

FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC002/common/rogue_waves/small: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. FMOD Error: Can't find named sound idleFMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC002/common/lapping_coral: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. scripts/widgets/widget.lua(263,1) stack traceback:	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua:263 in (method) SetPosition (Lua) <258-267>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua:198 in (method) Rebuild (Lua) <125-275>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua:76 in (local) fn (Lua) <76-76>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua:727 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <721-744>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua:496 in (method) SetOverflow (Lua) <494-497>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/prefabs/backpack.lua:10 in (field) onequipfn (Lua) <7-13>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/equippable.lua:53 in (field) fn (Lua) <53-53>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/scheduler.lua:187 in (method) OnTick (Lua) <161-217>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/scheduler.lua:399 in (global) RunScheduler (Lua) <397-405>	D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua:87 in () ? (Lua) <73-140>	Stale Component Reference: GUID 117045, @D:/Gry/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua:265

She could very well be; does she have a text string that makes reference to Ireland?

Well, she calls Tam O' Shanters "Highland filth" and she calls small things "wee", not to mention her general appearance is very Irish (she has curly red hair and is dressed like a viking).  :razz:  

Yo Capy, thanks for the update and especially for listening to the feedback. Most major points were addressed, kudos, though personally I was hoping for a more substantial change to the Volcanos. I hope you'll have more time to tinker with it going forward.

• Developer

Yo Capy, thanks for the update and especially for listening to the feedback. Most major points were addressed, kudos, though personally I was hoping for a more substantial change to the Volcanos. I hope you'll have more time to tinker with it going forward.

There is a whole other side to the Volcano eruptions that isn't in the game yet. More is definitely coming!

I was really hoping for some some changes to the flood mechanics, not fun whatsoever when puddles spawn right underneath one or more of my structures, this being my main dissatisfaction with the DLC. It's been pretty much making me quit almost all my runs at the beginning of the flood season because it's exceptionally annoying having to either tear down the affected structures (and screwing up a well defined base layout) and rebuild them somewhere else. Floods are easy to control with the sandbags, but it annoys me that I have to destroy parts of my base to get rid of the puddles spawning underneath structures.

I was hoping to sink many hours in SW during the upcoming holiday, but the goddamn puddles won't let me. I wouldn't have minded if the flood season would have been prioritized instead of the dry season as far as tweaking goes. Back to the waiting game with me.

Snakeskin sail has a speed multiplier between the thatch and cloth sails, but lasts longer than either.

Boat torches duration was increased from 1.25 nights to 1.75 nights, but now costs 2 boards instead of 2 twigs... not worth making anymore.

Coconuts now calm treeguards.

Blubber now spoils.

Jungle trees and [all?] other plantables can no longer be planted on magma turf.

Krampus sack now floats.

Sandbags can now be damaged and repaired (with... other sandbags, which restore 1/2 health. honestly not sure why you'd ever do this over just hammering and replacing, but it's the same deal with walls, I guess)

WX-78 is now immune to poison damage!

Hail was made inedible by setting it to the elemental food type (rock lobsters and moleworms eat this), but it can still be used in the crock pot in place of ice, which was its primary use anyway.

Archived