Locked detention centres are teleport-proof

I was curious to find out if Derek can be teleported out of a locked detention centre (in order to test this, you must first give his beacon to another agent, and then get him killed).

The result:  no, you cannot activate the teleportation beacon until the cells are unlocked.  Evidently they managed to make the cells teleportation-proof (which certainly seems reasonable!).

I was also curious if rescued-Derek ALWAYS has his beacon, or if he only manages to keep it if it was previously in his inventory.   It turns out the latter is the case, so if you lose that beacon, it's really lost for good.  Presumably this means he stashes it ... somewhere ... on his person so it doesn't get confiscated when he's captured like all other items.  Maybe something to keep in mind before lending it to other agents, might want to put some gloves on first :p

At least they do warn you if you try to leave the level without it (you get a pop-up that transport beacon asset is still in the field, and it prompts you to confirm)

The amusing part about the warning is that the warning system was set up to prevent you from leaving agents behind so it refers to the teleport beacon as an agent. Something along the lines of "Agent left behind: Teleport Beacon. Proceed anyway?"

The amusing part about the warning is that the warning system was set up to prevent you from leaving agents behind so it refers to the teleport beacon as an agent. Something along the lines of "Agent left behind: Teleport Beacon. Proceed anyway?"

For me it says something like advanced gear left behind

Does that only happen for really valuable assets, or as it added in the last two or so updates? Because that message didn't show up with the portable cover hologram I left behind in one map.

I seem to recall getting the warning pre-DLC whenever I accidentally left a laptop deployed on a map, but it's been a while and I'm not sure if that was fixed in a patch pre-DLC or a change made with the expansion. That doesn't necessarily mean there was a warning for all types of items though. I think the warning is intended only for "deployables" like the laptop, teleport beacon, etc.

Archived