DLC Charity Character

I think a cool idea would be to have a character that is a relatively cheap ($5 or so) separate DLC for which some of the proceeds go to a reputable charity.  The character could reflect a theme pertaining to whatever that charity is.  

A good example would be a firefighter character that has a hose that can put out fires to an extent.  His charity would be something relevant to firefighting.

Not sure if the community is big enough that this could bring in a LOT of money, but I thought it was a novel enough idea to share.

On 30/11/2015 at 1:58 PM, SapphireBullets said:

That is kind of sweet.

Though DS is kind of macabre so it might be hard to, say, support Doctors Without Borders with a sardonic sawbones.

I actually like this kind of macabre humour. Did you know "Another One Bites the Dust" had exactly the right tempo to perform CPR?

5 hours ago, Kamizushi said:

I actually like this kind of macabre humour. Did you know "Another One Bites the Dust" had exactly the right tempo to perform CPR?

The version I've heard is "Stayin' Alive".

And yeah I love Macabre humour but it can be something of a questionable fit for related charities.

I find it kind of sad that we live in a world where you need to bribe people with DLC to get them involved with a charity

But considering the game is called Don't Starve you should donate to Heifer International since they are known for sending farm animals to third world countries to help with producing food :)

Hello ,

so i have to disagree with your idea (sorry :( i not meaning to hurt you or something).

So ahm Klei won't make an DLC of an one or more characters only (from much as i know about Klei) and too for 5$ its fair but in other country's that the $ cost's a lot of local money it would be bad.

I like the idea of adding an character but Klei already doing this with "DS:SW" soo yeah.... 

Have an nice day or night :) !

Archived