(Suggestions) Gameplay mechanics

Hello,

Maybe the following is already under development, and I'd understand this is not a priority with all the upcoming features and bugs to fix, but my friends and I noticed that the game would be even more pleasant to play with some smoother gameplay mechanics :

- - -

1/ When you chop or mine something, it can be 'hard' to correctly focuse your target.

Your character often has to turn around the objet before you can really start choping/mining it efficiently.

> Would it be possible to set up an easier focus on trees/rocks..., for instance once the player has triple-clicked on it (showing his intention to chop/mine this thing) ?

It would bring more than one viable perspective to proceed (and not being necessarily behind the object).

2/ When your character moves from a place to another, he can be stuck by some structures.

i.e. : in my camp, my character can be stuck by a pig house, forcing me to bring the cursor very close to get around it.

> Can we imagine that every structure could be designed so characters could just "slide" on it, even slowly depending on the structure size ? It seems to be the case for little ones, like tiny trees or so.

This change could even resolve some pig issues I guess.

3/ Sometimes, you can't clearly know if you're supposed to be able to switch equipment while doing something else.

Currently, when I change my armor while picking up a grass, the change is effective immediatly, but the grass picking animation goes to its end, and... I don't get the grass, and have to click it again.

> Could these two actions not interfere with each other (or one of them to immediatly interrupt the other) ?

4/ Chester, Glommer, pigs or anything following you will move... only if you do.

So, when you want to build something in a specific place, you may have to turn around a little before they will let you do.

> Don't you think it would be better if the construction authorization (structure turning red to green) didn't consider the presence of Chester or others ? Then, if you validated the construction, they would just move a little to allow it.

5/ The right-click behavior of a few items can be very frustrating, if the environment prevents you from doing what you wanted to.

For instance, with pine cones, when you want to plant them quickly and tightened, if you fail, the pine cones come back to your inventory. So you have to pick them again and start again.

> I understand using right-clicking to get rid of an item without dropping it, but has it to be the default configuration for every item ?

(Maybe this can be fixed by changing control settings, I haven't managed it yet)

- - -

I know these are little things. But these mechanics also summarize around 80% of the time you spend in game, and certainly do affect the overall satisfaction of players.

Thanks for reading my novel,

And great day to you.

Archived