Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Price Poll

Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Price Poll  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to spend on Don't Starve: Shipwrecked DLC?

Ugh...i'm at a loss on how to edit my original post. However, I wanted to add that I made this post because I saw a lot of comments about price quotes for DS: Shipwrecked. I was hoping maybe the community could help Klei with the pricing of the DLC since Klei seems to listen to the community.

I know I did not put "Free" as a choice, but I feel Klei should be compensated for their hardwork on progressing DS and all the work they do with their other games.

The amount of time I've put into DS and now DST and the fun I've had, friends I've made, I would consider priceless anyhow :) *tear*

We don't even know the extent of what we are getting.

Considering its commonly agreed that Reign of Giants was underpriced for the amount of content it had, I trust Klei to be able to make an acceptable price for what content they believe they are bringing.

I agree Ogrecakes! However, there are definitely people who have played the demo and there is some footage up. You can only imagine the immense possibilities and awesome content that will be there for DS: Shipwrecked. I'm just trying to poll the community for a price point of a DLC. The content might be as huge as RoG, but it could also just be one extra level. Judging by the footage, I think I will have plenty of hours of enjoyment in the DS: Shipwrecked world.

So TL;DR: We don't know the content available in DS: Shipwrecked, but i'm more or less trying to figure out what the community would pay for a DLC of DS

I think Klei makes prices a bit too high for toys, but too low for the game, for example, the limited editions beefalos cost 80 dollars, that is insane, I would pay a maximum of 20 for one.

The DLC shipwrecked I would pay the same for it as I paid for the Dont Starve original version.

It will probably cost 5-10 

So, wait--I'm kinda noobish. But, does Early Access mean that everyone can get it at any point, or are there a limited number of it for a while? I just wanted to know. 

When early access comes out, everyone will be able to buy it. The only difference is that you may experience a few bugs, but that's a small price to pay for getting yer' grubby hands on it early. It may also be on a discount during beta, which is also pretty sweet.

I think Klei makes prices a bit too high for toys, but too low for the game, for example, the limited editions beefalos cost 80 dollars, that is insane, I would pay a maximum of 20 for one.

The DLC shipwrecked I would pay the same for it as I paid for the Dont Starve original version.

It will probably cost 5-10 

I couldn't agree with you more! I saw there was a sale going on at the Klei store for stuff, so I was going to look into treating myself with a nice Chester Plush or a Winter Hat. However, seeing those prices...boy...I immediately closed the window.

I'll shell out money for games/entertainment, but it'd be hard to convince myself to shell out that kind of money for plushes.

So, wait--I'm kinda noobish. But, does Early Access mean that everyone can get it at any point, or are there a limited number of it for a while? I just wanted to know. 

In addition, the Early Access means that you are involved in the decision making process and development of the game/dlc here on the forums. I believe Early Access will be cheaper than full release AND it will give you the opportunity to aid Klei/Cappy on the project.

So TL;DR: We don't know the content available in DS: Shipwrecked, but i'm more or less trying to figure out what the community would pay for a DLC of DS

Let's remember DS SHIPWRECKED was going to be a game quite apart from DS (standalone expansion), I assume that would be a lots of content and I think that will be around $ 14.99, I guess, I do not know lol

When early access comes out, everyone will be able to buy it. The only difference is that you may experience a few bugs, but that's a small price to pay for getting yer' grubby hands on it early. It may also be on a discount during beta, which is also pretty sweet.

In addition, the Early Access means that you are involved in the decision making process and development of the game/dlc here on the forums. I believe Early Access will be cheaper than full release AND it will give you the opportunity to aid Klei/Cappy on the project.

Mm.

Alright. So, one last question: can we literally just purchase it on Steam in Early Access? No limited codes to get from places?

can you cheap unappreciative b*tches stop putting the lowest... It's a total reskin of DS with a crapton of new features also, and the ability to travel with 4 characters rather than 2. So f*ck anyone putting the lowest, It's worth DS + RoG in terms of actual content, and RoG was underpriced. I say 15-25 simply because I use £ and it's generally the same in £. I'd pay about £17 which equals 25.50 dollars. 

nah mang, my credit card's  only ready like for...

like there is a 9.99$ sized hole forming in it already

i'd morally but not economically accept  the price of 19.99$ if it wasn't for the fact that it turned into dlc (which for me is something positive) since it now needs the base game to work  it'd be too much

call me a cheap butt pigga (because pigmen and the fact that these forums are kid-friendly) , but i think 10 dollars is fair for everyone

it would still be majorly depending on how much content we get, tho.

oh, and please don't compare prices with the classical 40 or 50 dolla , most of you should already know that big companies over-price their games 

it's just that people buy them for some unholy reason

As much as I hate to seem brainwashed, I'd pay probably up to $30 for Shipwrecked. It's going to be packed with a huge amount of content, and, more importantly, come from a game I already know that I will enjoy greatly. As far as the actual price goes, I really don't see Klei charging more than $17 dollars for anything, as this seems to be the money cap in the Don't Starve Universe (Excluding the Mega Pack).

It's a total reskin of DS [...] It's worth DS + RoG in terms of actual content

On what do you base these statements ?

Sure the preview we saw last stream is promising but no need to insult those who gave their opinions by claiming stuff like "cmon u cheap a$$ look at that demo its dont starve 2  fo sur (n im so edgy btw) !"  when you really have no clue. 

$5-10? Really? Don't be so cheap, people. I, for one, would love to support this game more so the developers would focus on creating new content. Don't starve together is a failure, so I hope they will shift their resources back into this game.

$5-10? Really? Don't be so cheap, people. I, for one, would love to support this game more so the developers would focus on creating new content. Don't starve together is a failure, so I hope they will shift their resources back into this game.

How is DST a failure? :p

Ok. I understand high price - Capy make it, not Klei but DLC worth same money that base game or base game + RoG it's not ok.
Second thing - U pay 15$, EU ppl pay 15€, UK pay 15GPB.... with?
And what they don't want say anything about price? What wrong is in that? I wan buy something on steam sale, have money in wallet but don;t know how many € I need for DLC ;/
BTW. I Buy all DS titles x2 (for me and wife) and have all Klei games (only not one DLC for Invisible Inc. for now).

Archived