Which Corporation is my team best suited for?

Hey, I got this game a week back and I finally started seriously playing it a few days ago. I beat Beginner mode just the other day, and after two false starts I managed to get a team off the ground on Experienced mode. I have the DLC and I just barely managed to escape the day 4 mission with everyone alive, and now I want to make sure I don't screw myself over, I want to migrate my plane in the direction of an ideal corporation for my build so that I can exclusively do missions with that company to help keep myself safe and maximize what I can do before the final mission.

So I just want the informed opinions of the people here as to what corporation I'm best equipped to handle and why. Here's my loadout. If I forgot to mention anything important please let me know:

Nika
Speed 2, Hacking 1, Strength 5, Anarchy 1
Augments: 2 attacks per turn and KO adds 3 AP; +1 KO time; +1 armor piercing for Melee.

Equipment: Nika’s volt disruptor, Modded cloaking rig, Volt Disruptor III, Stim I, Ventricular Lance, Medigel.

Decker
Speed 2, Hacking 1, Strength 4, Anarchy 1
Augments: Identify Daemons; Earn credits the more of the map you explore; 50% chance +1 PWR each turn.

Equipment: T.A.G. Pistol, Neural Disruptor II, Flurry Gun, Medigel, Camera Canister.

Dr. Xu
Speed 1, Hacking 2, Strength 4, Anarchy 2
Augments: Disable mainframe devices for 1 turn, -1 AP; Improved drag speed.

Equipment: Biogenic D.A.R.T., EMP Pack I, Buster Chip I, Paralyzer I, Thermal Disruptor I.

Storage: Neural Disruptor.

Programs: Fusion, Parasite, Bless and Brimstone.

Credits: 1335.

I'm mostly trying to get away from Sankaku because Nika's almost entirely useless against those drones of theirs. But I don't know which of the other three corporations will be better for my team, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

An odd request considering it's for campaign and not endless but whatever. I'd say probably K&O. Parasite being your only real breaker means cameras will likely slow you down but there's very few cameras in K&O missions, their turrets are generally more avoidable or you can approach them with Xu and disable them. The guards have more armour than most corps but you seem to have that covered well enough.

If I were you I wouldn't root for a single corporation. It's much more important what missions you are doing and trying to go to as many missions as possible in one day. I can't tell for certain because I don't know what missions you have available, but if you have a financial executive and a vault nearby that would be a great start. Otherwise you could maybe look for a security dispatch or at worst a cybernetics lab.

I would also recommend upgrading your speed as that will make exploring the map safer and faster, just don't use all of your Money.

Also if possible you could try to install at least one more armor piercing augment just in case(either for melee on Nika or for ranged either Xu or Decker) since you will start seeing armor 4 guards soon.

If I were you I wouldn't root for a single corporation. It's much more important what missions you are doing and trying to go to as many missions as possible in one day. I can't tell for certain because I don't know what missions you have available, but if you have a financial executive and a vault nearby that would be a great start. Otherwise you could maybe look for a security dispatch or at worst a cybernetics lab.

I would also recommend upgrading your speed as that will make exploring the map safer and faster, just don't use all of your Money.

Also if possible you could try to install at least one more armor piercing augment just in case(either for melee on Nika or for ranged either Xu or Decker) since you will start seeing armor 4 guards soon.

Thanks for the advice.

Also, guards with 4 armor as in 4 armor without the alarm level Chiton? I can handle 3 + Chiton with Nika's ventricular lance, but a more stable fix would definitely be preferable, yes.

Also, I always had the impression that security dispatches were way worse than cybernetics labs. With Security Dispatches you get a random item you might not even have a use for and can't sell it for much, but with a cybernetics lab, even if you don't like the augments, you can expand your augment capacity.

Sorry I didn't see that you had a ventricular lance. It should be enough most of the time.

The reason I think a Security Dispatch would be better for you is that you already have decent augments. Most augments don't have a huge impact at this stage of the game, and extra augment slots aren't going to be any help if you don't have a way to fill them. 

At the moment you need money so you can afford to get everyone's speed up. Being able to move one or two extra squares is often the difference between being able to get across a room into cover and having to take out a guard who gets in the way. Especially the Omni Foundry and Omni Mainframe missions usually have large rooms which you'll need to traverse in one turn.

I would advise you to just do as many missions within the time limit as possible, though, rather than picking "the best" ones.

Sorry I didn't see that you had a ventricular lance. It should be enough most of the time.

The reason I think a Security Dispatch would be better for you is that you already have decent augments. Most augments don't have a huge impact at this stage of the game, and extra augment slots aren't going to be any help if you don't have a way to fill them. 

That would be true, but I got absurdly lucky when I picked a cybernetics lab without reading this and got "predictive brawling" for Nika, which of course now turns her into a nigh unstoppable monster. Jackpot!

I can't give too much indepth advice since I'm still on my way through my first Contigency Plan game but here are a few tips.

Your armor penetration and looks ok but your Incongnita loadout is weak. This is probably why you want to get away from Sanakau. Your best bet would be to go to K&O. They are weakest on the Hacking front, at least there where before the expansion. But I agree with Cyberboy2000 that the number of missions is more important. I'd say go towards the nearest Server Farm to get better programs for Incognita while taking any missions on the way there. If Server Farms are not available you can try for a Executive Terminal to Spawn one.

Other minor things would be the low speed on Xu and the drag speed and + 0.5 PWR augment which I personally find too weak and not worth the cost.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! The campaign was a success. I used my last mission to get a fourth agent, Banks (who seems almost entirely worthless, since her stats allow her to do pretty much the exact same thing that her augment does, and that custom paralyzer doesn't seem quite worth the trouble of picking her), and after a rough initial start, the final mission went smoothly. Here's hoping I can succeed on the next difficulty level.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! The campaign was a success. I used my last mission to get a fourth agent, Banks (who seems almost entirely worthless, since her stats allow her to do pretty much the exact same thing that her augment does, and that custom paralyzer doesn't seem quite worth the trouble of picking her), and after a rough initial start, the final mission went smoothly. Here's hoping I can succeed on the next difficulty level.

Glad it went well! Just some other thoughts to add here:

As at least one person said, try to aim more towards the type of target rather than the faction. I usually try to identify two high-priority targets and then pick between them based on the faction. Plus it's just more interesting to mix it up regularly.

The maps that give you one good item are terrible. It's a random item and only one item. For example, an executive-vault-nanofab series of three missions will get you far ahead of three missions for one-off random items. In fact, I'd even choose executive-vault as a pair of missions without the nanofab mission over two random item missions because there are smaller nanofabs on every map. You will get to spend the cash somewhere and the choice of what to buy is far more advantageous than one random item (except when you get lucky).

Drone maps should be easy-mode regardless of your team. I always pick drone maps when I want an easier time or when I am under-equipped. You can hack drones and even if that takes time (e.g. parasite is your main/only program) it's still easy mode. You can leave someone standing on them after they power down to keep them down (like KO-ed guards). You can steal power from them. You can also destroy them with lethal damage without raising the alarm tracker. Plus, when you hack them, you control them for a turn (or two if it's a scout) and use them for free scouting. You can let them power down out of the way to keep them from bothering you for another turn or two or you can let them power down in the open to distract guards and draw them away from your position. Basically, drone maps == easy mode if you play them right...with any team. (Also remember that many drones don't have weapons, so even if they spot you and track you, you still often have time to get away before a guard responds)

The maps that give you one good item are terrible. It's a random item and only one item. For example, an executive-vault-nanofab series of three missions will get you far ahead of three missions for one-off random items. In fact, I'd even choose executive-vault as a pair of missions without the nanofab mission over two random item missions because there are smaller nanofabs on every map. You will get to spend the cash somewhere and the choice of what to buy is far more advantageous than one random item (except when you get lucky).

The extra money you get from doing a Vault is about the same as what you'd get from doing an extra mission in the same time. Two 7- to 8-hour flights to Security Dispatch missions are better than a 12-hour flight to a Vault - for 2-4 more hours on the clock, you get basically the same money, plus two free items, plus another nanofab to browse, and you don't use up a vault access card.

It's not what you get out of the mission, but what you get in exchange for the hours it takes to get there. It's usually wrong to skip any mission in favour of a further one in the same direction, because the time cost is so low.

The extra money you get from doing a Vault is about the same as what you'd get from doing an extra mission in the same time. Two 7- to 8-hour flights to Security Dispatch missions are better than a 12-hour flight to a Vault - for 2-4 more hours on the clock, you get basically the same money, plus two free items, plus another nanofab to browse, and you don't use up a vault access card.

It's not what you get out of the mission, but what you get in exchange for the hours it takes to get there. It's usually wrong to skip any mission in favour of a further one in the same direction, because the time cost is so low.

In my experience, the total value gained from getting a vault access card and then going to a vault far exceeds the value of doing two security dispatch missions for random items that you'll probably end up selling for half value. No contest.

Sure, time matters, but there's still no way you'll convince me that a security dispatch is ever worth it. I'd much rather do a satisfying mission that is farter away than a security dispatch where I'm most likely going to end up disappointed with what I got.

In my experience, the total value gained from getting a vault access card and then going to a vault far exceeds the value of doing two security dispatch missions for random items that you'll probably end up selling for half value. No contest.

Sure, time matters, but there's still no way you'll convince me that a security dispatch is ever worth it. I'd much rather do a satisfying mission that is farter away than a security dispatch where I'm most likely going to end up disappointed with what I got.

It helps that vault access card missions let you loot an executive, which in the late game gets you like 1k on its own.

Right, you're comparing the total money from the Chief Financial Suite plus the Vault, to the total money from two Security Dispatch missions. What I said was that two Security Dispatch missions gives you about the same money as the Vault. Maybe less if you aren't stealing from every guard and every safe; but the free items and extra nanofab to look in (and perhaps an extra shopcat) should still tip the balance.

Yes, it's less money per mission but the correct comparison is per in-game hour. If the Chief Financial Suite or Vault are far enough away that you can do two nearby missions instead of a long journey, then the nearby missions are probably better, whatever they are. If the nearby missions are in the right direction anyway then it's usually a no-brainer. By the same logic, nearby Executive Terminal missions sometimes gain in-game hours because they set you up for shorter journeys later.

Obviously this doesn't apply if the reason you avoid them is because you don't think they're fun or satisfying, but the question in the thread isn't "what's most fun?".

Archived