HELP NEEDED WITH AUTOCOMPILER.EXE

hagridas

Hi, i started making my custom character. I'm using Dleos "extended sample character mod". Followed all the steps but the autocompiler.exe isnt working its shows black windows with LOOTS of words going and then just closes but the anim folder is still empty.

Im using Windows 8.1

Mod is in mods folder

Using steam version of the game

PLEASE HELP ME

Have you, by any chance, removed or renamed any of the files? Because you mustn't do that.

You could try to open the command prompt normally and execute the autocompiler by command, that way the window shouldn't close when throwing an error. If you don't know what the command prompt is, search it on the internet.

You know the 'common' folder, where 'dont_starve' is? From there, go to "Don't Starve Mod Tools/mod_tools". Hold shift and right click some empty space (Make sure you have nothing selected). An option in the menu will be "Open command window here". Click that. Type (without quotes) "autocompiler". This will run the autocompiler, without closing the window at the end. Tell us the error it shows.

@hagridas, the Python module is unhappy with one or more of your images. Did you modify any of them in any way? If so, what did you do? Have you tried compiling the untouched template?

EDIT: More precisely, the autocompiler can't find pixels in an image. I am afraid I don't understand the program better, so I can't explain it better.

um what i did i donwloaded extended tempalte and edited some of exported pngs with paint.net. AND in some cattegories like SHIRT or HAIR PIGTAIS i just cleared the image, made it black because my cahracter in dog boy, i dont want no skirt or pigtails. maybe i should just put 1 black pixel in these PNGS i cleared? will this fix the problem?

um what i did i donwloaded extended tempalte and edited some of exported pngs with paint.net. AND in some cattegories like SHIRT or HAIR PIGTAIS i just cleared the image, made it black because my cahracter in dog boy, i dont want no skirt or pigtails. maybe i should just put 1 black pixel in these PNGS i cleared? will this fix the problem?

no, you shouldn't need any "visible" pixels for the autocompiler to recognize it, you can leave them empty. As long as you don't delete the actual image file, it should be fine.

This might just be another case of the rare bullshit this bug isn't rare it happens all the time bug where one of the image files just "explodes" the autocompiler for no reason.

IF this is the case, The only way to fix it that bug is to figure out which image file is causing the autocompiler to bug out, erase it, and re-draw it. 

(it's a tedious task, but an easier way to isolate which image file is causing the problem is to get a fresh un-edited copy of the esctemplate files, paste in a single folder (or a few) of your edited image files into it and re-run the autocompiler. If it compiles fine, you know that folder is fine. if it gives you the error, then you know the image you need to edit is somewhere in that folder)

no, you shouldn't need any "visible" pixels for the autocompiler to recognize it, you can leave them empty. As long as you don't delete the actual image file, it should be fine.

This might just be another case of the rare bullshit this bug isn't rare it happens all the time bug where one of the image files just "explodes" the autocompiler for no reason.

IF this is the case, The only way to fix it that bug is to figure out which image file is causing the autocompiler to bug out, erase it, and re-draw it. 

(it's a tedious task, but an easier way to isolate which image file is causing the problem is to get a fresh un-edited copy of the esctemplate files, paste in a single folder (or a few) of your edited image files into it and re-run the autocompiler. If it compiles fine, you know that folder is fine. if it gives you the error, then you know the image you need to edit is somewhere in that folder)

oh this looks like a hard work. if i send u the folders. will you check them for me? :D i know this is not your duty to help me or something. but if you could i would really appreciate that. :) 

You could use ktools, or Matt's Tools. I use Matt's TEX Viewer for decompiling TEX files, but it's up to you.

Keep in mind that recompiled things (mostly animations) are not guaranteed to work, because the autocompiler is not perfect.

Yeah I use Matt's tools too (cuz ktools doesn't work for me) but it just converts TEX to PNG. Is there a way to decompile to multiple PNG files? like in exported folder.

Cuz if i just copy the texture like face from the converted PNG its really hard to paste it correctly in the place when template face is, otherwise the face will be messed up and not in the middle of the head.

Sorry, I just completely misinformed you.

Krane, one of the ktools, can be used to decompile animation ZIPs, resulting in an SCML project that is roughly equivalent. The folks at Klei use Adobe Flash to make the animations, which has a few more capabilities than Spriter, so it's not always an exact conversion. The same goes for recompiling with the autocompiler, but such errors are a lot more common there. Regardless, you should be able to get the isolated textures by decompiling with krane.

To decompile an animation, extract the ZIP to a folder (the folder should now contain three files: 'anim.bin', 'build.bin', and 'atlas-0.tex'; If you do not have the first two, you cannot decompile the animation). Navigate to the directory containing 'krane.exe'. Shift-Right click on empty space in the folder with nothing selected, and click the option to open a Command Window. Type (without quotes) "krane <input> <output>", where "<input>" is the folder where the three files you extracted are in, and "<output>" is the folder that you want the decompiled animation to be (Tip: You can quickly enter the path of a folder by dragging it into the command window; just be sure to press space between folders).

Archived