[WIP] Level select

Zetty

Something that's been in the back of my mind since early access has been replaying a level. I think there were some topics on that earlier as well, but I can't find them now.

In any case, I finally found a couple hours to throw a proof of concept together, which you can see in the video below. It's very much a "hard" mod at the moment, with me stuffing new functions and modals into the existing scripts.zip and gui.kwad. I'm going to look into making it a "soft" mod before continuing with additional clean-up.

[edit: see second post for release info]

I'm envisioning a button somewhere at campaign creation that segues into a prompt for the seed/situation/location info. Ideally, there'll be a spot for selecting up to 4 agents, what they're carrying, and all that jazz.

Looks like I am unable to edit the title. In any case, I have release the first version of this [soft] mod on Steam Workshop.

Please feel free to give it a try. If you want something to go off of, the seed and details I'm using in the video are

* Seed: 3136851968* Location: Anywhere Plastech* Situation: executive_terminals* Mission Count: 0

It should look like

vdl20fD.jpg

If it doesn't look remotely like that, I will be interested to know.

[edit]

Per request, I have attached the mod to this thread.

selective-memory.zip

Can you please upload the Mod on this site for the people which use the DRM free version. Also, it would be nice if we can use a key combo (I think Ctrl Q is unused) (examples sould be in the cheat menu) to display the seed and stuff, ofc this needs ether a new mod or an selecting option, since you cant skip the generation screen and start at the screen again after the mission. And the mission counter influence the generation?

I uploaded the mod to the 2nd post. (You may also be interested in how to manually download from the Steam Workshop)

I do intend to make some tools to grab the necessary data (seed, corp, etc) from a level someone's playing. I also have it set up so you can uncheck the level select option at campaign generation and have the mod 'active' but (at the moment) not do anything.

With regards to the mission counter, I have observed that a mission count of 0 vs one of 14 (for example) can lead to different prop, guard, and camera placement. Sometimes even the walls inside of a room will have changed (but I guess those could count as props?).

I haven't looked super closely at why that is. This first run is more to make things work.

Archived