The Covenant of Souls [Open beta]

@Rabblerouser, thanks for posting that bug report :) I've seen your report and some other users have reported this problem as well; unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate it :( Are there any factors that you've noticed that seem to trigger the problem? I can add some safe guards to the mod based on what I've observed from the animation you attached to your report. If you could let me know if the problem persists after the release after the next version of the mod, that would be awesome.

Well, it only really seemed to show after a while of normal playthrough and a save and reload fixed it. When I came across it, I made sure to use Gyazo GIF to capture what I could.

I haven't been able to repro the issue myself. I might change up the settings to have encounters all the time to boost the chance of encounters. At any rate, hopefully this safeguard doesn't affect out-of-combat stuff. :V

Uploaded a new version of the mod with some bug fixes to Steam. Unfortunately it wouldnt let me upload a copy onto the Klei forums :/

After a lot of testing I was about to spot the sliding character bug, but only once. Unfortunately, this bug is so intermittent I can't think of a way to fix it atm... reloading the save file will clear it up though.

Finally managed to get the website to upload the latest version of this mod :p I've combined the change logs from the latest version (beta 1.4) with the previous version (beta 1.3) that was skipped over due to website upload issues.

Change log:

• Fixed the infamous sliding character bug
  • Fixed a bug which could unequipped your weapon after using the ability "Magic Missile"
  • Fixed a bug that could leave ghosts and Abigail glowing red after a combat
  • Fixed a bug which stopped the removal of adventure portals
  • Changed how the mod finds a suitable position to fight battles
  • Fixed a bug which caused light sources to misbehave during and after combats
  • Fixed a bug which allows shadow monsters / hands to spawn during combats
  • Fixed a bug which caused WX 78 to spark crazily in combats
  • Fixed a bug which caused ranged attacks to trigger combats when combatants are outside of engagement range
  • Increased the durability of the miner's hat during combats

Since the bug reports have slowed, I've started implementing the RoG content in Covenant of Souls. This update will include:
- Combat encounters with RoG monsters (including giants)
- The ability to equip RoG items in combat
- New abilities and status effects
- Wigfrid and Webber as playable characters
- Two new soul gems

If you have any new features that would would like me to consider for inclusion, feel free to post them below :)

Since the bug reports have slowed, I've started implementing the RoG content in Covenant of Souls. This update will include:

- Combat encounters with RoG monsters (including giants)

- The ability to equip RoG items in combat

- New abilities and status effects

- Wigfrid and Webber as playable characters

- Two new soul gems

If you have any new features that would would like me to consider for inclusion, feel free to post them below :-)

I hereby suggest bacon. Without eggs of course, because those are cholesterol bombs. How about literal heart attack bombs?

Nice title by the way.

Archived