Don't Starve: Resumptus

A brief history of Albert M. Higgsbury, Bobbie Walters, and Jack Carter:

Since I’ve put the comic on hiatus and I’m sure a lot of you have questions, I thought I’d write this out:

30 year old Albert M. Higgsbury was a police officer in a small New England town a few miles away from Wilson’s cabin. Albert was investigating his brother’s disappearance and his digging led him to getting pulled into Their realm.

From there he first meets Jack Carter who was searching for his lost daughters and brother. The two of them survive their first winter and a Deerclops encounter. In the middle of spring the duo encounter Bobbie Walters and her tamed hounds, Chomper, Frosty, and Smoky, as they were trying to kill a Poison Birchnut Tree. Jack and Albert find out from Bobbie that she too shares the same goal of finding a lost loved one, her sister. The duo become a trio and begin finding the 5 Things needed to cross worlds. Each world they cross, they encounter evidence of the previous survivors such as a camp full of books, a burned down camp, a camp with gears and robot part, etc. Eventually they find the most recent camp, a camp with a Meat Effigy that looked like Albert’s brother. 

The trio find the Door to Adventure and continue their journey. They manage to solve the puzzles of the King of Winter, Archipelago, and Two Worlds. Things begin to go wrong in the Game is Afoot. They manage to find all of the things and get past the challenges but Jack is mortally wounded in the swamp and decides to stay behind as he knows he’ll end up slowing his companions down much to Bobbie and Albert’s dismay.

Reaching Darkness, Albert and Bobbie quickly make their way through the world but something stalked the darkness close. Just as they are about to cross to the next world, Bobbie is grabbed by a shadow hand who attempts to fight it off with Albert trying to keep hold of her but Bobbie knows Albert’s miner hat was running out of fuel and forces him to keep going. Albert reluctantly does so while Bobbie is pulled into the darkness. 

Albert makes it to Checkmate and at the end finds Wilson on the throne. Wilson resists Albert’s attempts to free him from the throne by trying to use the shadow powers to stop Albert from using the key. Wilson’s use of magic goes awry when They take control of his actions and pull Albert into the darkness and transforming him into a Grue. The brothers remained that way for a year with Albert hunting down the other survivors who who became trapped in the dark. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1