Jack London esc play through

Having gotten pretty good at surviving in this game, it tends to get a bit more boring now. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, it's just that now that I've done more or less everything it can get slow. That's why I thought it might be fun to do a Jack London themed playthrough.

Basically, we can set goals for ourselves to reach in a fur-trapper/hunter oriented playthrough. For example, one goal might be to fill a chest with fur from beefalo, bunnymen, and maybe even beard hair. Another might be to make a full set of fur apparel.

To begin, here are the goals I have in mind at the moment.

· make a fur traders fort. At least 3X3 wooden plank flooring, and tier 3 wooden walls surrounding it. Add at least one tent, a crockpot, and plenty of chests.

· make a puffy vest and a cat cap. A trapper has to keep from freezing, after all. We don't want this ending up like To Build a Fire.

· make at least 8 traps and trap a rabbit field.

· set up at least 8 jerky racks. We'll be dealing with mostly meat in this challenge.

· begin crafting fur-rolls for hunting trips

These are just some examples, but anyone who has an idea that fits this theme should by all means share! It would be great to add on to it. Eventually I think a good goal would be to hunt all the giants and stock up on their drops. And one last thing, to really keep this as a Jack London fur-trapper challenge, I'm planning on doing a long winter, long autumn, short spring, and very short summer.

Please feel free to share ideas!

Sounds cool. Any requirement on character? Woody seems like a good fit, but Wilson would certainly make stocking up beard hair easier. Though that defeats the purpose if you're meant to be hunting for it... Then again, hunting as a werebeaver seems like it doesn't fit.

Sounds cool. Any requirement on character? Woody seems like a good fit, but Wilson would certainly make stocking up beard hair easier. Though that defeats the purpose if you're meant to be hunting for it... Then again, hunting as a werebeaver seems like it doesn't fit.

Either Woodie or Wilson would be the way to go. Woodie would be the perfect fit, although the werebeaver part could be a problem. Although if you grew out the beard, Wilson would definately look the part. The free beard hairs wouldn't be an issue either, as you're really after furs, skins, bunny puffs, etc.

Archived