Cameo Draws Don't Starve

HAM BAT HAM BAT HAM BAT

hambat1.thumb.png.ec306d8d3c063fdd1b070a

hambat2.thumb.png.a6d1468967a7186b40f56c

hambat_pose1.thumb.png.f03e997e23647112e

hambat_pose2.thumb.png.172fa0cda975665f7

I intend to add the grill marks and the details on the meaty end with some fabric paint, but I ran out of time to do that before the convention I'm taking it to this weekend, so that's gonna have to wait until I get back. It's a boffer prop, i.e. a plushie with a plastic stick through the middle; I could hit someone with it and not break either the ham or their skull. (This was an essential consideration when I was deciding what to build it out of.) The brown and white bits are stretch rayon and the pink is stretch polyester, and the bit on the meaty end opens up so I can take the stick out for transport or washing. It's stuffed with most of a roll of quilt batting.

• Like 7

hamguitar_md.thumb.png.8753b32d13e6486a4

I was waiting in line to play Rock Band at Sakura-Con while cosplaying as Wilson and carrying a Ham Bat and one thing led to another

sadsoggyshadow_sm.thumb.png.f28663d039a0

a while ago I was talking to a friend about how shadow creatures can actually get wet if they're out in the rain long enough (having discovered this while fighting them in spring rainstorms and seeing that the 'Attack' prompt was blue), and they came up with the adorable image of "a sad soggy shadow, huddled under a tree with their little tendrils over their face, sulking"

so I had to draw that

• Like 9

My favourite drawings for the askblog so far!

ask01_sm.png

ask04_sm.pngask12_sm.png

the prompt for the first one was just "gun", and the third one was in response to a Maxwell

all of those are real things I did in Adventure Mode, although the one with the tallbird nest is somewhat embellished because dying doesn't work like that in the actual game (especially since it wasn't a RoG save)

• Like 6

dontstarvecameo_composite.png

A while ago I did a DS design of myself/my persona. I call them Wameo.

They have some kind of teleportation gimmick (haven't worked out the exact mechanics, but at low sanity they have a chance of randomly teleporting across the map like an unfocused Telelocator Staff; I was going to have the positive side of it work like the Lazy Explorer until I realised how broken that would be in Adventure Mode) and to use their powers effectively they have to eat Nightmare Fuel. Possibly their eyes have the same spooky shadow-fire effect as a Night Light when they're at full power, since my persona's eyes do that anyway. More mundanely, they lose sanity when their hunger is low, get double sanity from crockpot food, and their hair changes colours when the season switches over. (The hair thing serves very little useful purpose and would require me to spend four times as long doing the hair for their sprites if I fulfilled my dream of modding them into the actual game but it looks really cool.)

Anyway here's Wameo sleeping.

cambatsnooze_sm.png

• Like 5