I made 2 short Adventure maps.

H5Gnxcd.jpg

Hello,

I would like to share 2 custom map adventures I created for one of my favorite streamers. So far he is the only one that played them and successfully finished both.

The adventures are meant for hardcore and experienced players, as they require a good amount of knowledge about Don't Starve mechanics and gameplay elements. All the hints are given by means of Signposts and directional Signposts. Both maps end up the moment you reach the signpost containing a Morse code similar to this " ... -- . - --- .... -- ..- .-. ", which are not relevant anymore and will simply mean one has finished the adventure map.

• Map 1 is an Autumn night only world with permanent rain. It involves getting the correct gear for rain protection at the start while solving some puzzles until the end.
    For anyone wanting to see it start to finish here's a video. (note: in the video the chain puzzle is broken by finding a glitch which let the player loose around the map and missing half of the puzzles by reaching the last part of the adventure, he did, however, restart). Caution: video intended for mature audience.
  • Map 2 is a Summer night only world. This one is a bit more difficult but somewhat longer with more puzzles. You'll start with a stack of ice needing to find some better heat protection gear while solving a set of different puzzles. Same as the first map, the moment you find the sign with the Morse code you have finished the game.
    To see the full adventure here's a video. Caution: video intended for mature audience.

Now how does one get to play the maps? Well, one simply needs to host an offline server and use the save file below by following the instructions below.

VERY IMPORTANT
I strongly recommend backing up your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether save files and sessions. If you believe you don't know how to do that or don't want to risk losing your world files then don't do the steps below because I will not take responsibility for any loses and nor will Klei. :-)

Map 1 session file [download]
Map 2 session file [download]
Zip archive with both maps. [download]

Now that you have the session files you'll need to host an offline server in the normal Don't Starve Together game (make sure you aren't on the caves beta branch):

• Host a default offline world
  • Choose any character
  • Exit the game
  • Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\session\[offline server ID]\ (easiest way is to sort the folder by "date modified" and the newly created offline server should be the first on the list)
  • Delete 0000000001 and 0000000002 and copy 0000000205 for first adventure map.
  • Enter game, resume offline server and pick a character to begin the challenges.

Once you finished the first adventure map all you need to do to play the second one is to repeat steps 1-6 where at Step 5 one needs to copy 0000000118 instead of 0000000205.

In case you fail at some point and die, simply repeat steps 4-6 where at Step 5 just make sure your session folder contains only the save file that starts the adventure map, either 0000000205 for Map 1 or 0000000118 for Map 2.

So yeah, that's about it, for anyone interested I hope you will be enjoying the challenges and puzzles. :-) Let me know if you have any questions. 

P.S: If you want to play as Wes the mime, you'll have to insert the following command in the console (~) for him to be able to read the signposts: 

ThePlayer:RemoveTag("mime")

Archived