New structures/fixtures ideas

Solar Flower

Alchemy Machine tier

Requires: 1 Electrical Doodad, 4 Petals, 3 Sticks

A character-height sunflower with bright yellow petals ringing a dark blue metallic floret disk.

During dusk it glows faintly, during night it glows in a small radius. (Similar to that of a campfire in the second-to-last stage of life.) Produces no heat. Provides as many hours of light during night as it experienced during the day. (IE: During summer it will glow all night, during winter it will glow for as many hours as the day cycle.)

Wickerbottom refers to it as "Helianthus Quotidian."

Maxwell's examination quote is "Ewige Blumenkraft!"

Well, those were the most immediate ideas, but let's take a crack at the others.

Wickerbottom refers to it as "Helianthus Quotidian."

Maxwell's examination quote is "Ewige Blumenkraft!"

Wilson: "If only I could solve the storage problem..."

Willow: "I prefer the red ones."

Wolfgang: "I like to call it Vince."

Wendy: "Ugh. Too bright and hopeful."

WX-78: "SUPERIOR, BUT STILL FLAWED BY ORGANIC COMPONENT."

Woodie: "Great for Summer."

Wes: *Flails ineffectually*

Wigfrid: "I höpe Sköll döes nöt cöme för it."

Webber: "It's too cold to grow these at home."

Beach Umbrella

Science Machine tier.

Requires: 12 Sticks, 2 Pig Skin, 4 Silk

A large umbrella pierced into the ground. Comes in a variety of simple patterns.

Fixed in place, provides 100% protection from rain and 240 Overheating protection. (Equivalent to Eyebrella or Floral Shirt.)

(Secretly it also draws lightning strikes to itself like the Lightning Rod, causing it to catch fire. Having an actual Lightning Rod will protect against this.)

Wigfrid: "Spear and shield in öne!"

Maxwell: "Could do with some garden furniture and iced tea."

Wendy: "My own little pool of shadow."

Woodie: "I always wanted to take Lucy to Singing Sands one day..."

Plant vs Zombies vibe...

I kinda day-dreamed about having new crop seeds that you plant that grow into defensive/offensive plants... like melonpult a watermelon that throws melons at enemies and other stuff...

pls notice this suggestion O__O

I think the availability of "turrets" to attack enemies was restricted to the hard-to-get Houndius Shootius because it would otherwise make things a bit easy. Especially hound waves.

Maybe some very rare seeds found only in the Depths, not as hard to get as the Houndius Shootius, taking a very long time to reach final stage and having a spoilage rate, not functional during Winter and penalised when in heat wave?

Gesticulator

Science Machine Tier

Requires: 4x Frogs Legs (Raw), 2x Meat (Raw), 1x Electrical Doodad

A short pigman shaped meat statue with frogs legs nailed to where the limbs would be.

Whenever a living creature approaches within 1 turf tile radius, it'll begin jolting and it's limbs in a disturbing manner.

This will scare off more easily spooked prey (Rabbits, Birds, Koalaphants, etc.) but draw the attention of naturally hostile animals such as Hounds and Spiders, causing them to attack it if better prey is not within reach.

It has about as much health as a real pig man.

Quarry Pit

Science Machine Tier

Requires: 1 Shovel, 6 Boards, 4 Rope

Can only be built on Rocky turf.

Twice as long and wide as a farm. A large pit dug into the ground, supported by planks with an accompanying rope pulley system.

Can be worked using a pickaxe to produce rock and occasional nitre drops nearby.

About half as efficient as using a pickaxe on a normal boulder (1 Rock or nitre drop per two swings of a pick) but will produce 50 drops (Average 40 Rocks, 10 nitre) before collapsing.

Gemological Geode

Shadow Manipulator Tier

Requires: 4 Cut Stone, 3 Rope, 12 Nightmare Fuel

A sort of artificial boulder, formed of smooth cut stone and bound together with ropes.

Six days after construction, it will begin to ooze nightmare fuel from the cracks, indicating it is ready to harvest.

Six hits with a pick will destroy the boulder, causing it to drop 2 Nightmare fuel and a single Gem with the type depending on the following probabilities:

Red 25%

Blue 25%

Purple 20%

Yellow 10%

Green 10%

Orange 10%

Butcher Block

Science Machine Tier

Requires: 1x Boards, 2x Sticks, 4x Flint

A large square hunk of wood with a meat cleaver sticking out of it. Comes with faint dark stains.

Can be used to raw cut meats and live Rabbits, Birds and Moleworms into morsels for more effective inventory stacking and crock pot filling.

Meat becomes 2 Morsels.

Koalaphant Trunks become 3 Morsels.

Other meaty items, such as Monster Meat, Fish, Frog's Legs, Batilisk wings and others become 1 morsel each.

Rabbit Coop

Science Machine Tier

Requires: 3x Boards, 3x Grass, 2x Carrots

A square rabbit hutch with a wire mesh front and a water bottle on the side.

Can be used to contain a rabbit, similar to a bird cage, where it will live indefinitely until removed.

When fed carrots, there is a chance it will drop one of the following items:

10% Carrot seeds
10% Another Rabbit, who will be initially stunned (As if dropped from inventory) before recovering.
5% Bunny Puff (Drops Nightmare Fuel if the player is insane enough to cause rabbits to appear as Beardlings.)

Flammable, will drop a Cooked Morsel if burned while occupied by a rabbit. (Or Cooked Monster Meat for Beardlings.)
Potentially useful for farming Beard Hair.

Webber: (Empty Coop) "Reminds me of Mum's old chicken coop."
Wilson: (Empty Coop) "Storage for my guinea pigs."
Wilson: (Filled Coop) "Ready for dissection at my leisure."
Willow: (Empty Coop) "Prison's too good for them."
Woody: (Empty Coop) "Coop d'etat"
Wickerbottom: (Filled Coop) "I think I'll call them Leslie..."

Outhouse

Science Machine Tier

Requires: 4x Boards, 1x Shovel, 2x Papyrus

A pig-house sized little wooden structure with a flat roof and a seat with a hole in it inside. Has a door with a crescent moon window carved in it, which closes while it's in use.

Works similarly to a Beehive, but produces Manure.

After being built, nearby Pigs and Bunnymen will periodically visit it (up to once per day) and leave behind some manure, which can be harvested by the player.

(AI may be tricky to work on but generally idle Pigs will check:

-Have I produced manure today?

-Have I visited the outhouse today?

-Is it occupied?

I don't know much about how it's programmed, but if pigs could be assigned a random need to visit that'd be swell.)

Similar to a beehive, even one nowhere near a pig village will fill up slowly while the player is far enough away that it counts as being "unobserved."

As it gets fuller (up to 20 manure) it'll indicate this with an increasingly large cloud of flies and a small sanity penalty for being near it.

Flammable. Will burn for longer the fuller it is. Maybe it could explode and drop flaming manure if it was especially full?

Quotes:

Pig: Am hygiene!

Pig: Two.

Wilson: I wonder if there are any newspapers here...

Willow: The pits!

Wolfgang: House of Smelly!

Wendy: Make a little outhouse in your soul.

WX-78: WASTEFUL BIOLOGICAL DISPOSAL.

Wickerbottom: This raises questions I'd rather not have answered.

Woodie: Could do with a pine air freshener.

Maxwell: I'm REALLY starting to miss indoor plumbing.

Wigfrid: A Herculean stench!

Webber: What's brown and sounds like a bell?

Kind of a little idea, more for Shipwrecked.

Flag

4 Sticks, 1 Cloth

(Science Machine Tier)

A relatively short flagpole, with a flag. Notably the flag reacts to wind and is normally only half-fluttering in the light wind.

The main function is that you can use it to apply names to areas of the world (Particularly islands) that will show up on the Map Screen.

So for instance you could name islands "Flower Island" "Far Too Much Monkey Island" or "For The Love Of God No Island" to help you as you sail around the area.

Kind of a little idea, more for Shipwrecked.

Flag

4 Sticks, 1 Cloth

(Science Machine Tier)

A relatively short flagpole, with a flag. Notably the flag reacts to wind and is normally only half-fluttering in the light wind.

The main function is that you can use it to apply names to areas of the world (Particularly islands) that will show up on the Map Screen.

So for instance you could name islands "Flower Island" "Far Too Much Monkey Island" or "For The Love Of God No Island" to help you as you sail around the area.

I would rather see it be used to indicate wind direction for something so cheap.

Anemoticipator

1x Cut Stone, 8x Sticks, 3x Gold

(Alchemy Machine Tier)

Predicts wind velocity.

A tall brass-coloured pole grounded with a stone block, capped with a flat gobbler-shaped weathervane. Instead of directional struts it has a rotating anemometer.

It will indicate the next change in wind direction and speed up to one in-game hour in advance by turning the vane to point in the relevant direction and having the anemometer cups rotate at the oncoming speed. (To make sure the vane direction is visible when pointing directly up or down, it will have some wottle-shaped protrusions on the front so the gobbler's face will form an arrow when viewed side-on from the game perspective.)

Like the Beach Umbrella, it's vulnerable to lighting strikes, but will not burn down. Instead both components will spin wildly in for the next hour, rendering it useless.

Wickerbottom will note that the advanced meteorogy involved allows it to turn against present wind currents.

Wilson: "It's so vane!"

Archived