Unending

Blewcheese

• Developer

"What the! Lefay!" Mark quickly ran to her side. "Hey now! Don't worry! There's nothing coming! And even if there was, and it meant harm, we're three! We can take it on, whatever it is!" He flashed her a smile, trying to reassure her, not fully knowing what else to do in a situation like this.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Still wandering aimlessly through the desert, Fid notices the day getting late. He decides to start looking for light... but what is that? A burned tree? Fid doesn't think anything more than 'lightning probably struck down here...' but then he sees an other and another and another... Then he sees pits full of lava....... and then..... a monstrosity of nature.... was it a reptile? Maybe an insect? Either way it was HUGE and it was getting quite hot too... Fid makes haste to disappear without being noticed and comes across a skeleton laying on the ground... Upon further inspection Fid finds a torch next to the skeleton. "I'm sorry, bro... but I'm gunna need this a bit more than you." Fid takes the torch, takes off his sunglasses, and continues moving forward looking for other humans...

Edited by Fidooop

• Developer

Mark was quite scared with Lefay's change of tone, but he wasn't exactly agreeing with all the running away thing. "Mina, we can't just-- just leave her there! If this world has frogs the size of our heads and wolves with teeth bigger than our fingers, being left alone is the worst thing that could happen!" Mark knew Lefay didn't want them there, and it probably was for the best... but he couldn't get the feeling that something bad was going to happen out of his head. He kept running alongside Mina, managing to keep up with her. "Where are we running off to anyway?"

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Vilsig drags himself though a thicket of brush and vines, arriving at Lefay's position.  He stabs his single claw deep into the ground, and uses it like a post to lift up his head.  He stares her in the eyes, and smiles like a child.

"Hi!"

Judas looked up, and saw the sun beginning to fall. He'd have a few hours at best, but this dark weald was no place to wander through. He grabbed few conveniently placed logs, and tossed them together in a clearing, to ensue the whole woods didn't burn to a bitter mountain of ash.

He cared not to harm himself unintentionally, for he did not heal his wounds. Once they were in an acceptable formation, he looked for a means to ignite it. He noticed a white tip sticking from the ground, buried in dirt. He excavated it. A torch, and still dry.

Now, he only required a means to ignite it. However, sundown was not close to come, and he still had the reprieve to discover a usable method.

(Since it seemed fun when Silent did it, I'll do it too.)

Inventory

• Torch

After quite a bit of running Fid finally finds that he is standing on some nice cool grass... he exhales a huge sigh of relief and lays on the ground for a moment... he gets a nice moment of peace to contemplate life choices. Did he ever do anything wrong? Was it someone in his past that kidnapped him and left him for dead? Perhaps it was some crazy Karma thing? Fid had no idea what was wrong and started to feel like he'd never see another human again.... as his fears of being alone started to build he heard yelling in the distance. He couldn't determine what was being said but didn't care! It sounded human so he started running towered it as quickly as he could. A spark of hope lit and it gave him the power to push through even though he was very tired from all the running.

"We're not going far, just a little ways out of sight." She started slowing down as she looked around before coming to a stop. "This should be good. She knows which direction we went in and we can still hear her if she screams." She looks at him and raises an eyebrow. "Do I really come off as so self-centered that I'd just completely abandon her without a second thought?"

• Developer

Mark looked her up and down. "Hmm... well... no, actually. No you don't. But looks can be deceiving! Glad to know you're not like that, though!" He smiled. "Anyways, judging by the things you said back there, you haven't been here for a short time, have you?"

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Fid finally gets up close to where the shouting was coming from. He finds a woman, breathing heavily and staring straight into a dark forest... "Hey, uhm... Are you alri--", Fid tries to ask but suddenly he feels a dark chill down his spine as he notices a creepy monster emerge from the brush. Fid pulls out his baseball bat...

"Hi!", says the monster to the woman...

Fid gets ready for something to go wrong... and keeps his distance.

• Developer

Mark clutched his umbrella and looked up once again for any change in the sky, it was still clear and with no signs of rain. That was good. "And any idea how you got here? I'm clueless, well, kind of, I have my theories... but I wanna hear yours." He turned his umbrella upside down and leaned on its handle, with the umbrella's ferrule firmly stuck on the ground, ready to listen to what Mina had to say.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Lefay instinctively backed away. The memory about the shadow monster returned, this time, far more vibrant, and it wasn't going away this time.

"Monster......i'm not your next meal.........if you don't keep your distance, you'll regret it..."

Vilsig could see arcane symbols glowing, hovering all around Lefay. He could tell what the symbols read, and they seemed to suggest that it might not be a good idea to attack her. Small amounts of nightmare fuel radiated off of her.

(Oh, silly Silent.  Vilsig isn't attacking anyone.  Calm yourself.)

Vilsig leans forward, still smiling happily.  "Why would I harm you, friend?  I'm not a bad person.  We've only just met!"

He giggles like a three-year-old.

"Nice symbols, by the way.  Very pretty!  Very, very pretty!  Can I have some?"

Lefay backed away, and clenched her right hand, feeling something begin to form in it, subconsciously.

"Come on now, Vilsig...", a voice echoed. A humanoid figure rose out of the ground. He looked like a powerful, valiant knight in full armor. "She just woke up after having her mind wiped, and you're pestering her with your ugly mug. I imagine that friends don't get up so close to other friends, like you're about to make love to her."

(This would be Mistaria.)

Edited by Silentdarkness1

"...Lefay............now.......who is your......'friend'?...."

She could see the other person, which suggested that the knight was not a hallucination.

"Who?....Me?.....hah......just call me Mistaria. Vilsig here isn't bothering you, is he?"

"I......i'm not quite sure yet.....leaning towards yes, though."

"How I got here, well, heh, kinda funny story that one. You see-" it was about that time that Alex jumped out of the tree and said hello. "Oh, so you were in a tree too! Neat!" Mine greeted cheerfully. "It's nothing too serious I don't think. This one lady we just met got angry and told us to run so we ran a little ways away."

Alex chuckled, nodding. "Yup. Trees are great. I hope that lady's alright..." Alex's voice was tinged with genuine concern. He took a glance back at the way the came before nodding a hello at Mark. "I'm Alex. Who are you guys?"

(Well, if you disregard the whole Lefay shadowy-darkness thing, things are just peachy.)