[WIP] DS Font - ASCII Accentuation

>>Attention!<<
>>This content is deprecated.<< (It turned in something bigger by the way.)

Hi folks!

Today I'm very proud to announce my new project.
Last few days I've learned something about Don't Starve modding,lua,etc... I've been installing mods, doing tweeks here and there, and since my wife and kids don't know English, I felt the need to translate most of mods which are installed on the computers in my house, and also translating the game itself. Not to criticize the already available pt-BR language packs, is just that I feel they could be a bit more "lore friendly". But this is just my personal opinion, of course.

So, I ran into a issue when I could not use characters like Ã, Ô, ê, etc... You know what I am talking about.

After some search on the forums I found no workaround for this, so I started some tests, and guess what? I did it!!

76P5yk9.jpg

And also I made sure to make it compatible with Display Food Values - Minimal Mode.

BG012dX.jpg

Note the " % " and " : "

Now modders can expand their Language Pack and capabilities, writing stuff the way it should be. They will also show more complete info ingame, menus, etc...

Thats it, I wanted to share it with you people, and say to all those people who are newbies like me: Don't give up, run for your goals, and never let negative people put you down. And also Don't Starve. :wilson_goodjob:

CHANGELOG:

10/08: Initial idea. Project started.

10/09: First tests. Added native font support for Ã Â Ê Ô Õ ã â ê ô õ : % ~ and DFV compatibility.

10/10: Added native font support for # $ & ; ° _ =  < > | \ /

TODO:

Take a look at Wathgrithr related font usage ingame.

Awesome!!!!111!!!11!!!!1!

Wait where is the data? You proudly presented nuclear power without explaining atoms...

I seriously hope the devs improve the base game though.

I will make it available for download as soon as I finish the work, and if someone assure me I can post it without making any infringement.

As for the way I did it, I will make a tutorial as well if people get interested. Basically, all I had to do was to put the things where they belong.

[Edit:] Need some sleep, 24hs awake right now... :wilson_horror:

Ohh! I need ones like ĝĵĥŭ, I'm sure there are a lot of people who will be really happy when you finish! I'd be interested in reading the tutorial if you make it.

If there is infringement, you can probably contact the mods.

Archived