So I finally decided to kill the Dragonfly, or try at least. Playing as Wigfrid I stacked up 18 pieces of Jerky, 10 healing salves, 2 log suits and 3 Battle Helms. My weapons included a Ham Bat, a Pan Flute and an Ice Staff. I also had a Walking Cane as I knew, from previous encounters with the Dragonfly, that the beast is faster than the player. I didn´t build any walls to stop the larvae, I probably should have, but I just didn´t have the patience for that. This was also the moment when another player entered my world. I told him what I was about to do and he asked if he could come along to watch. I agreed. I will refer to this player as the character he had chosen: Wilson.

So it began.

post-32452-this-is-a-fight-gif-we-are-fi

My initial strategy was to just tank the beast. Kitting without taking damage seemed impossible, so I decided to just tank her until I was out of armour and health. This happened quite fast. I asked Wilson to get me some gold for more helmets and bring some more food, which he did and it helped a great deal. Despite this, I failed, I just couldn´t kill her and I had to retreat.

Plan B: Bearger

Bearger had spawned a couple days before at the beginning of Autumn in the dessert. As he was close by, I thought it was worth a shot. I lead Bearger to the nest.

89c.gif

It was amazing. The two giants went at it. At this point, larvae was spawning like crazy so I couldn´t just sit and watch the great clash of titans. I ran around in circles as the hoard of larvae chased me relentlessly. 

Then the fight ended...Bearger had been defeated. The Dragonfly had killed him and had now set eyes on me. I was not ready for that at all and with one swing, she killed me.

I re-spawned and decided to cut my loses. After all, I got Thick Fur out of the ordeal, so it wasn´t that bad.

But then...

Plan C: Gunpowder.

I put her to sleep with the flute and stacked 18 gunpowder underneath her. I had never used gunpowder before and I didn´t know if I should spread it around her or having it all blow up in one stack would the trick. I decided to play it safe and spread it around her. This was a mistake. Once the first one exploded, she woke up and started chasing me, probably missing most of the other explosives.

After nearly dying, I escaped and decided to call it quits. Until...

Plan D: Treeguard

After two days of luring the Treeguard to the nest, once they started fighting he died almost immediately. Good job, you massive disappointment.  

And that´s it. I don´t know what else to do. I´m sharing this because I want advice. What should I do?

I think there are strategies on the wiki, try the gunpowder again and stack up to 14 all together on her not sure if its drop 1 everytime or just combine the 18 and plop it down never used gunpowder before, this time all together right on her, she should die instantly, and anything that sets fire she should be immune to, so her drops should be fine as well, and little tip. 2Fish 1 Stick, 1 filler gives you fishsticks, heals 40 HP. Better than the salves i believe and not hard to make (Unless its winter >3>)

EDIT: 14 should be an instant kill, not 18

EDIT2: Well apparently her health may increase 10x in DST.. Instead of being 2750. Its 27500. So that seems a bit ludicrous and you may need a large group of people

Archived