Need help with a custom character thing

Zanoscar

Hi, i'm making a custom character, but i'm a bit stumped with the prefabs lua

what's the difference between the walk speed and the run speed, and does it matter?

also, i want my character's sanity to drop by half and decrease x2 as fast when he hits half health.

Same with his hunger, but just decrease faster, no drop.

I also want him to restore some sanity when he kills something, not sure how much sanity, but just to restore some whenever he kills.

How would i make this happen?

Cheers!

Zanoscar

what's the difference between the walk speed and the run speed, and does it matter?

the difference between the walk speed and run speed is when the character is not using any means to give them a boost v.s using something to give them a boost

(i.e cobblestone turf/walking cane)

also, i want my character's sanity to drop by half and decrease x2 as fast when he hits half health. Same with his hunger, but just decrease faster, no drop.

might want to look at wolfgang's prefab for that

I also want him to restore some sanity when he kills something, not sure how much sanity, but just to restore some whenever he kills.

look at wigfridge's prefab for that (that's not her actual name but whateves)

Player characters only run, so there is no point in have different run and walk speeds (the walking cane and roads will multiply your run speed). For your perks, include listeners for when your hunger changes or an entity dies, as mentioned above search for inst:ListenForEvent("hungerdelta") in Wolfgang's prefab file and inst:ListenForEvent("entity_death") in Wigfrid (Wathgrithr's) pref file.

Archived