what is there to do anymore?

Flame1

So, im at that point in the game were al thats really left to do is decorate and adjust my base. i should really move my crockpots in such a way so that i can fit more inside my walled-in base, but i just cbf. i can make some pig houses but i just cbf grinding on pig skin, i can add to the 5 bunny houses i recently made, but getting bunny puffs is even more annoying then getting pig skin. i just dont know what to do in the game anymore, especially during winter, but i find myself just opening the game to stare at my camp... i love the art style of the game 

im not playing reign of giants, but i also cbf started a whole new world and learning all the new things... so suggestions/advice on what to do in the normal sandbox game are appreciated!

If you've done, experienced, and acquired everything in vanilla on standard settings (and I presume with Wilson), it is time to end this world and start a new one. Other characters do change up the gameplay and some people make challenges for themselves like all-night or winter-only.

RoG really is a new experience - those many crockpots you mention are pointless in RoG, for instance. There's a lot more to be mindful of and it will take time to master it all (especially summer). And by the time you've got it down, SW should be right around the corner.

Also, there are plenty of mods out there you could give a try. Up and Away, for instance, which adds a whole new world, but there's also mods for little things that subtly adjust the gameplay (don't know how well they play together, though).

Have you explored the ruins? I played the game for a reeeeeally long time before going down there, and when I did I spent days exploring. There's a lot of things to do in the ruins. Granted, I've only ever played with ROG on, so maybe the ruins are a bit different, but still . . . .

RoG ruins are pretty much the same, besides the slight temperature effects and the gear you can bring.

RoG ruins are pretty much the same, besides the slight temperature effects and the gear you can bring.

Ah. Well, I'd still recommend it to any lategamers who haven't done much caving :p and if you farm the monkeys just right you'll eat like a king. I brought down some rock lobsters as bodyguards, the monkeys picked a fight with them, and consequently I had 40+ morsals to eat.

Well, if you'd like some random things to do you could always:

- tear up the ground and connect the cobble / dirt paths in your world (assuming you aren't using settings which already has them connected). Grab yourself a pitchfork, rip up the ground, and put cobblestones in their place so that you are always moving faster when going somewhere

- Be evil to all the innocent creatures around you and farm Krampus sacks

- Find a big patch of ground and write a lengthy message for help just like Bender did in Futurama (reference: just-bender_o_968332.jpg )

- Live in the caves for an extended time (ruins if you're feeling even more ballsy)

- Make pixel art with stuff in-game

- Rip up the ground around the wormholes and put matching turf on both ends to show where they lead on your map

But honestly RoG really should be your next step, it makes the experience SO much deeper. 

EDIT: If you really are hellbent against moving onto RoG, you could always make a "Light's Out" permanent darkness world.

Have you tried building a completely pointlessly large base for no real reason?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/380910272150519021/EB1EEA00FE7B1353CC30761DD83519F3BEC66942/

well thats the goal, i started a new world by going through the teleportato and i have alot of stuff prebuilt and alot of items taken with me, ready to start building my base, just dont know how to design it

So, im at that point in the game were al thats really left to do is decorate and adjust my base. i should really move my crockpots in such a way so that i can fit more inside my walled-in base, but i just cbf. i can make some pig houses but i just cbf grinding on pig skin, i can add to the 5 bunny houses i recently made, but getting bunny puffs is even more annoying then getting pig skin. i just dont know what to do in the game anymore, especially during winter, but i find myself just opening the game to stare at my camp... i love the art style of the game 

im not playing reign of giants, but i also cbf started a whole new world and learning all the new things... so suggestions/advice on what to do in the normal sandbox game are appreciated!

I've seen you mention that you don't play RoG several times, I seem to recall.

If you're bored with the base game, it really is time to move to the DLC. RoG alone adds so much gameplay value, and there's another DLC coming out this Spring (Fall, for you Northern hemisphere folks) called Shipwrecked.

Your other option is to let the game get more and more boring until eventually every last inch of fun is sucked out of it. Although to be honest, based on your current "cbf" attitude, it sounds like you're already over the game. You cbf to do a LOT, from the sounds of it.

I've seen you mention that you don't play RoG several times, I seem to recall.

If you're bored with the base game, it really is time to move to the DLC. RoG alone adds so much gameplay value, and there's another DLC coming out this Spring (Fall, for you Northern hemisphere folks) called Shipwrecked.

Your other option is to let the game get more and more boring until eventually every last inch of fun is sucked out of it. Although to be honest, based on your current "cbf" attitude, it sounds like you're already over the game. You cbf to do a LOT, from the sounds of it.

its not that i cbf to do alot, its just that in sandbox, the late game stuff is really annoying to deal with, cause its all base building and structure moving and all that, and its just a real pain. if there was some sort of item that moved structures, that would be awesome! and i dont mean the deconstruction staff or whatever. and i dont like RoG because it just seems very annoying, have to micro manage everything, from wetness, to crops burning in summer, refueling ico flingomatics, giants every season, its just, uggghhhh. what i did do however is go through the teleportato in my current world, now im in a new world, thats actually pretty good only with a whole bunch of stuff i brought along. the only thing is though, i dont wanna play it until i know how im gonna set up my base, i want to make a really nice base this time, so i dont have to re-do it all later, know what i mean? but i still dont have a good design yet :(

i dont like RoG because it just seems very annoying, have to micro manage everything, from wetness, to crops burning in summer, refueling ico flingomatics, giants every season, its just, uggghhhh.

Aye, I bought RoG but went straight back to vanilla because none of it was particularly fun, just a nuisence...

Aye, I bought RoG but went straight back to vanilla because none of it was particularly fun, just a nuisence...

exactly how i feel about it, id take the standard over RoG anyway, i do feel like the standard needs a bunch of new content though, a make over for vanilla dont starve would be the best! however shipwrecked will be coming out soon, i wonder how thatll be, it looks like alot of fun. i espicially like the grenades you can make and throw :o

Can't you just turn some of the annoying stuff off when making a new world, but keep the new content?

Fire spread was the most annoying by far... Suddenly everything on the map could burn and as I've always played with more trees and saplings etc one flame meant that my entire map would go up in flames. Boom, world gone. One fire.

Archived