Hey c: I'm looking for some help on making my Custom charater more custom, Currently i have the character in-game. And i believe i have it set to Her being weak and haveing the sanity not drain as much just like wendy, Unsure though. But mainly im coming here looking for more custome work, Like possibly the character 'Breathing' Fire, and such, I will post what ideas i have down, I already have the basics of the health done and the character is able to load and play in the world. [basic artwork and the like] this is a big W.I.P and i really want to see this character in Don't Starve Together, Let me know if anyone can drop some help!

OnyxAzuretail

Nickname: The Azuretail ADDED
Motto: Oohh, Shiny! ADDED

HP: 150 ADDED
Hunger: 170 ADDED
Sanity: 180 ADDED

Perk:

~Radiates Heat (Bit more than a Torch during winter?, Light as well, but less than torch)
~Is a great chef (Better cooking Quality of foods the character cooks, More hunger fills +20hunger, +10 HP Fill)

~Physically Weaker (Similar to Wendy)

Starting items:
Queen's Azure Scale (For creating item to spawn Drakelings, usable only by Her. Respawnable or Re-Craftable?)
Queen's Azure Tiara (Wearble, 100% Durablility Slow decrease. Usuable for 5 days, +15% Speed, Head slot)
Azure Egg (Births into Wyvern, slightly Stronger than Drakelings, Takes 3 days to Hatch by fire/Warmth, Can be cooked, Onyx Lays one Randomly upon eating "Fuel" 10% Chance?)

Carries 3 more items than normal(Likes to collect things)

[Craftable Item] Queen's Staff
Ability to spawn Creatures (Drakelings 100 HP, 15 Damage, Max 2. Sleep by heat during night unless attacked or Onyx is Targeted)
Spawns Drakelings to Follow Onyx
100% durability, -10% Per spawn
Materials; Charcoal x2, Ash x2, Gold x1, Queen's Azure Scale x1

[Craftable Item] Queen's Azure Tiara
+15 Movement speed
100% Durability
5Days of Durabiity
Materials; Gold x3, Charcoal x1, Ash x2

OnyxAzuretail.lua Added to Attached Files [Wendy Sanity buff i do believe is not working]

EDIT: Oh and if any more information is needed let me know.. All i know is i need artwork and some Coding done, The coding i would like to Learn, I have been trying but with no luck, i have currently only giving my Friends character a beard, and its off centered and looks weird, I've been trying to give characters already existing traits like Willows Sanity increase when near fires. To no avail, If extra info is needed please leave a post if anyone would like to help, I would like to learn as well. and i Suspect i have A LOT to learn and do with this character i really want to come into Don't Starve Together.

EDIT2: Removed Two perks to be in-line with the 3 Perk cap of DST

onyxazuretail.lua

Edited by xTheFallenOnesx

Okay well that's a lot of perks. Going to go with the easier ones since I already wrote the bible in your other thread.

Also, if you want to learn, the best way I found is to download Notepad++ (or Sublime Text), and then in Notepad++'s case, press CTRL+F, change tab to "Find in Files", and search for the DST scripts directory, which for me is

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\scripts

Then place what you want to find, like for example how the tag "trader" is used, type "trader" into the "Find what" field and press Find All.

U4gxZqo.png

It helps a lot to see real working cases of the code being used in the game to learn. Also, the LUA uFAQ.

Alright so, to the perks!

Wendy sanity buff and damage nerf are coded correctly, so you can consider those done.

Queen's Azure Tiara:

I'm not sure what you mean with 100% durability and slow decrease, regardless, the durability is set to 5 days, same as rabbit earmuffs.

By +15 movement speed I'm going to assume 15%, 10% less than the walking cane.

As for the crafting aspect of the tiara, you are going to either need to upload the modmain.lua (Or prefferably just the entire mod folder (Or the prefferabliest of prefferablies, use GitHub)), or paste this into the modmain.lua:

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",{	GLOBAL.Ingredient("goldnugget", 3), 	GLOBAL.Ingredient("charcoal", 1), 	GLOBAL.Ingredient("ash", 2)},RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.NONE,nil, nil, nil, nil, nil,"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = trueazuretiara_recipe.builder_tag = "azurebuilder"

onyxazuretail is your character.

As for azuretiara, that is the item, place it inside modfolder\scripts\prefabs.

EDIT: Made an oopsies, add this into the common_postinit function of your character (Also changed the code above to have the tag be azurebuilder, instead of onyxazuretail):

inst:AddTag("azurebuilder")

onyxazuretail.lua

azuretiara.lua

Edited by DrSmugleaf

Yeah this character i wish to be Rather custom, Not as simple as my Friends and im usre there is a lot of work ahead on this one, Which of course i am still new to and reading the code is a bit, Hard for me. Like the willow perk i added whatever looked right with Sanity and Custom.willow.sanity Etc, And still didn't work for me, There was nothing else that said Sanity and "fire" So i didn't know what to do after that and you made it easy c:

Alright so, to the perks!

Wendy sanity buff and damage nerf are coded correctly, so you can consider those done.

I thought the same for Willows fire perk, But i will have to try and Test it? I'm unure of how often the sanity drains normally Vs Wendy though, Not sure how to test it. the fire increase on Sanity was easy to test as there is only Willow who gains sanity from it, So if it went up at all, it worked.

As for this character, I don't have art or anything retaining to the Chracters custom items, or character yet (They have no code or anything) So adding this code would affect that how? :o would the item be craftable but not have An icon?

Also, Im going to cut down on the perks, I think breathing blue fire and adding a whole bar and Having to script to Make her breathe fire and consume Charcoal and such to refill it might be a bit much, If even impossible [Will edit that main post section, Also uploading entire mod folder (Zip form) to mediafire.]

EDIT: Uploaded to mediafire (Before adding Tiara and everything)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/92p53e0ooby8hbb/OnyxAzuretail-DST.rar

EDIT2: Main post was updated a bit, Removed 2 Perks to lessen the load for now.

I thought the same for Willows fire perk, But i will have to try and Test it? I'm unure of how often the sanity drains normally Vs Wendy though, Not sure how to test it. the fire increase on Sanity was easy to test as there is only Willow who gains sanity from it, So if it went up at all, it worked.

Start a new world, wait until a day goes by, check your sanity.

Then do the same with Wilson and compare.

As for this character, I don't have art or anything retaining to the Chracters custom items, or character yet (They have no code or anything) So adding this code would affect that how? :o would the item be craftable but not have An icon?

Either it crashes, or it has no icon, not too sure as I don't work with any art in my mods at all.

Also, Im going to cut down on the perks, I think breathing blue fire and adding a whole bar and Having to script to Make her breathe fire and consume Charcoal and such to refill it might be a bit much, If even impossible [Will edit that main post section, Also uploading entire mod folder (Zip form) to mediafire.]

I mean it shouldn't be impossible, but don't count on me to get it to work, you would need to call 1-800-DarkXero for that most likely.

OnyxAzuretail-DST.zip

Edited by DrSmugleaf

I will try those and come back to you, Also i just made a Github [user: xTheFallenOnesx] (Shows how new i am to this) But i haven't uploaded anything to it or something, I'm not really sure, kinda confusing to me ;~;

Whats a DarkXero?

If you are having trouble with GitHub just download the application, its a lot easier. Or read this.

As for what is a DarkXero, a member of the forums, he knows coding way better than me. Read through this thread if you want.

Hum, I seem to be having problems Compiling the OnyxAzuretail character, before the game even launches it says something in the CMD from the compilier. I'm not reallt sure what as it closes immediatly. I didn't have this issue before (And no i haven't added anything to it yet I.E Azure Queen's Tiara and the like) Though i can get ingame and nothing seems broken i guess the Art portion isn't loading correctly for some reason

Have github desktop app now.

I wonder if this person would have as much Patience as you do with me xD As i literally offer nothing and you are doing this of your own time and free-will.

Also i suppose i do have Wendy's Sanity buff, every flash i counted to 16 and Onyx's Sanity went down by 1, Wilsons was 12 to go down by 1, This was during it approaching nightime.

I haven't ever used the autocompiler before, but the log.txt file in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether might have something.

And that does sound like Wendy's rate for sanity drain.

Don't worry about asking questions, people are likely to help here.

Edited by DrSmugleaf

Unsure if that will tell you anything, As i can get into the game, Just something up with the auto compliler beforehand. I'm guessing its the Art stuff being wonky.

I think i am going to try adding the Tiara lua thing you sent me earlier and see where that gets me. It should show up ingame under the Same tab as the garland if I'm correct?

Also trying to set-up the Github thingy for future issues/Collaboration perhaps with others. [if thats even what this does, no clue]

EDIT: I did add the log.txt

EDIT2: Added the Lua in myself and it loaded the game and let me in until i wanted to create a Server, on the loading screen before Character select it just seems to hang with no music, I then went and replaced my old folder with the new one you provided with the Tiara in the mod main and the other things, But it did the same thing and just hang, It still hasn't crashed yet, I suspect there is Something up?

Edit3: Having trouble with the Github app, Not sure if i can use it or not, Keeps saying it Commit failed, and it took the longest time for it to accept a Repository

log.txt

Unsure if that will tell you anything, As i can get into the game, Just something up with the auto compliler beforehand. I'm guessing its the Art stuff being wonky.

I think i am going to try adding the Tiara lua thing you sent me earlier and see where that gets me. It should show up ingame under the Same tab as the garland if I'm correct?

Also trying to set-up the Github thingy for future issues/Collaboration perhaps with others. [if thats even what this does, no clue]

EDIT: I did add the log.txt

EDIT2: Added the Lua in myself and it loaded the game and let me in until i wanted to create a Server, on the loading screen before Character select it just seems to hang with no music, I then went and replaced my old folder with the new one you provided with the Tiara in the mod main and the other things, But it did the same thing and just hang, It still hasn't crashed yet, I suspect there is Something up?

Edit3: Having trouble with the Github app, Not sure if i can use it or not, Keeps saying it Commit failed, and it took the longest time for it to accept a Repository

Don't worry if you can't use GitHub, not a big deal.

As for it hanging, thats when you need the log, I'm assuming this one is for the autocompiler and not the hang, so post one after it hangs in loading if you can.

Don't worry if you can't use GitHub, not a big deal.

As for it hanging, thats when you need the log, I'm assuming this one is for the autocompiler and not the hang, so post one after it hangs in loading if you can.

"Or the prefferabliest of prefferablies, use GitHub" But, Butt, Bawt.

If you don't mind i am going to Copy and then edit the main post i made with info and Make another post for it, More focused on the Artsy side while this post still runs on and see if i can't get more things going on at once?

Saved one just incase c:

The crash is because you don't have the art for the tiara done. You could either comment out the lines that specify the image path for the tiara, or change it to something else that already exists, like a beefalo hat for example.

[00:01:39]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:396: Could not find an asset matching images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml in any of the search paths.

"Or the prefferabliest of prefferablies, use GitHub" But, Butt, Bawt.

If you don't mind i am going to Copy and then edit the main post i made with info and Make another post for it, More focused on the Artsy side while this post still runs on and see if i can't get more things going on at once?

That's mostly because with GitHub it is really easy to find issues in people's code and suggest a change to them, or work together with people. Specially because a mod I used to work on modified existing characters by adding code to them from outside, and that gets complicated when you don't have a way to know when the characters change and how... Unless the creators used GitHub! Which they don't. Except the Shovel Knight guys. And I ain't even trying to balance that better than they do, too complicated.

And sure.

Edited by DrSmugleaf

The crash is because you don't have the art for the tiara done. You could either comment out the lines that specify the image path for the tiara, or change it to something else that already exists, like a beefalo hat for example.

[00:01:39]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:396: Could not find an asset matching images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml in any of the search paths.

That's mostly because with GitHub it is really easy to find issues in people's code and suggest a change to them, or work together with people. Specially because a mod I used to work on modified existing characters by adding code to them from outside, and that gets complicated when you don't have a way to know when the characters change and how... Unless the creators used GitHub! Which they don't. Except the Shovel Knight guys. And I ain't even trying to balance that better than they do, too complicated.

And sure.

-- Recipeslocal azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",{    GLOBAL.Ingredient("goldnugget", 3),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("charcoal", 1),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("ash", 2)},RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.NONE,nil, nil, nil, nil, nil,"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = trueazuretiara_recipe.builder_tag = "azurebuilder"

Above the line azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = true ? I should just remove it or. Comment it out?

EDIT: I'm going to go poke Github until it wants to work before posting this new thread.

EDIT2: I think i have Github working now. I dragged the folder and Committed it to the master owo

Probably easier to replace all the azuretiara.xml .tex .whatever things with those for another item, like a beefalo hat.

Commenting something out is doing this:

-- I'm a commentI'm not a comment, I will crash the game if you copy me.

So putting "--" behind a line makes it a comment.

As for GitHub, you can do like I did, and make a "development" branch, where you mess around with things until they work, and a "master" tab, where if you download it you have a stable-ish version of the mod that is considered to work.

I don't think i'm understanding it

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",{    GLOBAL.Ingredient("goldnugget", 3),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("charcoal", 1),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("ash", 2)},RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.NONE,nil, nil, nil, nil, nil,--"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = trueazuretiara_recipe.builder_tag = "azurebuilder"

So far i have done that, And i have also tried adding -- to comment out before and after Add recipe on the first line.

When you do this:

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",{    GLOBAL.Ingredient("goldnugget", 3),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("charcoal", 1),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("ash", 2)},RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.NONE,nil, nil, nil, nil, nil,--"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = trueazuretiara_recipe.builder_tag = "azurebuilder"

You are also commenting out this parenthesis

--"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")

which closes the parenthesis on the first line

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",

Edited by DrSmugleaf

When you do this:

You are also commenting out this parenthesis

--"images/inventoryimages/azuretiara.xml", "azuretiara.tex")

which closes the parenthesis on the first line

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",

So just adding the comment there does what i need it to do? Because everything i have tried just starts to turn up an error when i try to play the game, Weren't we trying to make the item craftable but just not have an icon or something yet? Or do i have to try and make it look like a beefalo hat for now like you suggested earlier?

http://i.imgur.com/D7vUxSB.png

local azuretiara_recipe = AddRecipe("azuretiara",{   GLOBAL.Ingredient("goldnugget", 3),    GLOBAL.Ingredient("charcoal", 1),     GLOBAL.Ingredient("ash", 2)},RECIPETABS.DRESS, TECH.NONE,nil, nil, nil, nil, nil,"Don't Starve Together/data/images/inventoryimages.xml", "beefalohat.tex")azuretiara_recipe.tagneeded = trueazuretiara_recipe.builder_tag = "azurebuilder"

I'm doing this wrong x3 I can feel it. I still don't think I'm getting this scripting stuff