Shipwrecked Update Sept 2015

Bigfoot

Well paint me Babe and call me blue, they're actually making it a DLC! One question though: Do you think porting the current shipwrecked build into a DLC will take a longer time to do than just making it standalone?

I think so, yeah, it appears that SW is for now a completely independant game, and they have to implement all of that new stuffs into the vanilla game. I don't know the challenge and the amount of time required to do that.

But patience is often rewarded, and Klei never dissapointed us ! We just have to wait now !

Alright, that is fantastic news. I take it your going to have to reconstruct everything on top of the new Shipwreck build? Instead of porting things back to vanilla Don't Starve.

Being a different world like the caves I hope and think it will be much less difficult than if they had to implement it RoG-style. The result will be so amazing, it's worth the extra time I think. 

So we're not gonna be able to customize the Shipwrecked part in worldgen? :frown:

Pretty sure world gen options will be available just like it is with RoG. Why would it not have them? Unless Klei lost it again and decided world gen options would be standalone ;p

Pretty sure world gen options will be available just like it is with RoG. Why would it not have them? Unless Klei lost it again and decided world gen options would be standalone ;p

There is no world gen for caves .) But i hope they add world gen for SW and also update it for caves :)

Is Shipwrecked coming to other platforms?
We’re currently just concentrating on PC / Mac / Linux. We will look at other platforms in the future, but we don’t yet know how or when Shipwrecked will arrive right now.

This has nothing to do with SW, but it bugs me.

Why is Linux not considered a Personal Computer? Nevermind, it's multi-user orientated.

But why is Mac not considered a Personal Computer? Nevermind, it doesn't want to be called that.

But then why is Windows being considered a Personal Computer?

Is the DLC completely finished upon release or will there be some kind of testing phase / beta?

Judging by what we experienced with DST, definitely beta. Then again, they may be slightly smarter now and simply keep saying "aiming to release" so nobody has reason to complain when it's overdue.

Judging by what we experienced with DST, definitely beta. Then again, they may be slightly smarter now and simply keep saying "aiming to release" so nobody has reason to complain when it's overdue.

It would be cool to see it in beta like RoG, nice features were added which originaly came from the community.

And it's always better to be able to point out some flaws or possible improvements before it's too late. 

There is no world gen for caves .) But i hope they add world gen for SW and also update it for caves :-)

Reads the post and thinks - "NO, he didnt do it! He didn't actually question my logic BUT he did!!!"

How could you... what the.. no...

This is my post from Wednesday right before announcement that SW will be standalone:

Been haunting the forums for any news of dlc and in turn reading all recent ones so let me tell you what I concluded. To start off there is no winter in tropical forests. That means no autumn, no spring, no summer. In general tropical forests have dry and wet seasons so 2 new seasons?   Also, based on how demo looked like there would be a clump of islands in a corner of the map or a separate world for them. And I can say with 99% confidence its going to be separate world. There's just too many reasons for it. New weather effects will be probably island exclusive(can't see pine trees shaking left and right) and keeping it in a different world would just make it technically easier. Remember that supposedly cappy does most of the stuff and Klei kinda supervises or so I heard somewhere thus it allows for a safety net - if anything fails(design and mechanic wise) players just don't go into the world or go in only for brief moments while still being able to play new characters. The dlcs ROG and SW need to be compatible with each other and that also means that one dlc shouldn't have what the other dlc has otherwise the game would just crash. All in all new seasons, new biomes in a seprate world thats my prediction

And guess what, thats right I WAS AND AM RIGHT!!! How dare you question MY logic, not even Klei dares to do that. Go to a corner and rethink your life! 

Nah, I'm just messing with you but honestly world gen option in SW 99% sure.

This has nothing to do with SW, but it bugs me. Why is Linux not considered a Personal Computer? Nevermind, it's multi-user orientated. But why is Mac not considered a Personal Computer? Nevermind, it doesn't want to be called that. But then why is Windows being considered a Personal Computer?

Oh my lord thank god I'm not the only one bothered by this. 

Thank you Klei! And Capy! Thank you, thank you!

This news make me really happy. DS is not dead, it's growing.

I going to buy two copies of Shipwrecked now, promise!

And then I'm going to throw some coconades on the pengulls that settled right next to my base.

Thank you Klei and Capy! You're awesome!

Archived