Pocket Edition "Bugs" and Feedback

I am a right noob when it comes to Don't Starve.  I've played on PC for a bit, but have yet to live through a winter.  I've only had the pocket edition for two days, but here's a few thoughts:

- Menus are click-through when they shouldn't be.  This is the biggest issue for me.  I'm trying to craft something, and instead it closes out the menu and inspects the evergreen behind the menu.  This is not fat fingering or carelessness.  It happens even when I am very careful.  Sometimes I have to move my character so that nothing is behind the menu.

- "Build" and "Place".  Can we not combine these two things?  Is there any reason you would build something before you are ready to place it?  I have to open the menu, find Campfire, build it, then open the menu again, find Campfire again, and place it.

- Auto-gather.  This is an amazing feature.  Love it.  However, when I'm holding it down to gather up logs, and I hold it down a split second after I gather the last log, my character goes over to the next tree and smacks it once unless I do something to stop him.  I'd rather the continuation require me to hold down the button the entire time, and cancel if I lift my finger.  This can probably be solved by me simply getting used to it though.

- Control options.  I would like to try a left thumb joystick for movement.  Click/hold to move results in my thumb being draped across the screen quite a bit.

- Tools.  Is there any chance that we could simply use the appropriate tool to gather if it's in our inventory, and not have to stop and equip the correct one every time?  I understand if not - the line must be drawn somewhere, or the game begins to play itself.

- (All) Option.  Cook (All), Eat (All), etc.  Please.  Cooking a stack of food at night is wicked tedious.  I thought  maybe when I hovered my stack of carrots over the fire, and saw Cook (14) that it would cook 14, but it still only did one.

- The distance from the fire to have "Add Fuel" as an option could be increased.  I feel that the radius for autogathering would be sufficient.  

I have more that I can't think of at the moment.  Let me wrap this up by saying that overall the game is fantastic.  You managed to bring all the fun of the PC version to my phone and for that I am grateful!  I will continue to play happily even if none of these issues are addressed.

Cheers!

Archived