Additional Prototyping Branches

Could someone please provide an in-depth explanation of how one would go about adding an entirely new tech branch (apart from the original SCIENCE, MAGIC, and ANCIENT), creating an aura around a structure that provides a boost for that branch (ie. Creating a structure functionally equivalent to the Science Machine, Alchemy Engine, Prestihatitator, and Shadow Manipulator, but for this new branch), and implementing this branch into recipes?

From what I can discern:

• Branches are stored in the GLOBAL.TECH table, and referenced in the fourth parameter of the AddRecipe function.
  • Wether a player can craft a given recipe is checked by the builder component's KnowsRecipe function, which thus needs to be overridden to add the new branch.
  • Prototypers such as the science machine provide an aura boost to a player's crafting capabilities, as specified in the 'trees' table.

Is this correct? What else do I need to know? How do I implement this?

Just to clarify, I am modding DST.

"modding DST" then put it in the DST forum...

I know, and I will, but I figured that most of the relevant code, if not all, would be from the base game, and seeing as people have been modding Don't Starve for much longer than DST, there would be a higher chance of someone knowing the answer.

Archived