Sailor ghost in Shipwrecked?

So today I found a little gem in webber's speech file. (see below) Do you think what I do think? That's right, more playable characters with actual plot!

Based on those quotes we can tell that:

• It's definitely somebody with importance in the game lore.
  • It's somebody bearded.
  • It's probably a man.
  • It's sad (though it's a ghost, so that's obvious)

The brain "ghostsailorbrain.lua" suggests that it will stare at the player and stick to a location, and when alone wander around whispering a line that is not found in the game yet.

I'm going to scan the other files for more info.

EDIT: extended by characters and name

Strings.lua: "Sailor's Ghost",

Wilson (base): "He looks so lonely.",

Wilson (RoG): "I wonder what he wants?",

Willow: "He'd probably be happier if he could make fire.",

Wendy: "He has found no respite.",

Wolfgang: "Eeeeeeeeeeee!",

WX: "ERROR: CAN NOT QUALIFY",

Willhelma Wickerbottom:  "This reminds me of some classical folk lore.",

Woodie: "Not a bad beard for a dead guy.",

Webber: "He looks kind of sad.",

Wigfrid: "He must have been a valiant warrior.",

Max: "He reminds me of someone...",#

• Developer
Wigfrid: "He must have been a valiant warrior.",

The ghost must look fierce and/or must be carrying a weapon/gun.

Wickerbottom:  "This reminds me of some classical folk lore.",

Was a classical lore in the world from where the DS characters came from.

Wolfgang: "Eeeeeeeeeeee!",

The ghost is spoopy. 2 spoopy 4 me. 

I could be wrong, but Kelly and Alex showed off in today's stream a character which they said comes from Shipwrecked DLC and made me remember this thread. He is named Woodlegs, cause both legs are peg legs. Although, it's probably his ghost form that's being examined by other players in this context but I could be entirely wrong. Either way, thought you should know. 

Sorry for the low quality, there might be other better images of him floating around. Cheers.

post-474697-0-30673700-1440113662_thumb.

Also, how are you sure it's a playable character? Did it say so in the files?

I jumped to the conclusion based on Klei's statement "there will be new playable characters". Also because I have to misslead ppl a bit or Klei & Capy get jealous at my narrative skillz.

@emerphish, you just made my day :')

The ghost must look fierce and/or must be carrying a weapon/gun.

RPGclops counfeirnet!

@Zillvr, amazing! I usually don't watch the streams due to bandwidth, so naturally I (and several other people) am happy to get told that. But I will still hoped for Cast Awallace.

EDIT: better formatting

Woodlegs would be unlockable if you <missing_information> similar to unlocking Webber by finding his skull and burying it in a dug grave

O__O

You must acquire his skull from his ship, sail out under the full moon as far as you can and toss it into the ocean. This will knock Davy Jones awake and he'll yell "YOU AGAIN?" 

You'll then witness Woodlegs being forcefully punted out of the ocean, screaming "I LIVE" as he flies by. He's been punted into your Character Select screen. 

+50 sanity for witnessing such a glorious revival. 

Also, I wonder...

VCouN9m.png

Perhaps the floating crates on the water will play some part in getting said character? I was thinking maybe it would get you his pirate hat, or maybe the already existing boot would help you revive him

• Developer

Also, I wonder...

VCouN9m.png

Perhaps the floating crates on the water will play some part in getting said character? I was thinking maybe it would get you his pirate hat, or maybe the already existing boot would help you revive him

Or maybe you'll have to get a skeleton key from a derpy dodo that locked up Woodlegs.

That's just an assumption, though.

Archived