Playing on YouTube

I've put up five nine runs on my YouTube channel. They might be useful for people who struggle on the higher difficulty settings, or just entertaining:

1. Expert Plus run with Internationale, Banks, Seed, Lockpick. A lot of this run is spent getting max $ out of the econ chip.
  2. "Expert Plus Plus" run with Prism, Monst3r, Power Drip, Rapier. Expert Plus but 0 PWR, 0.5 credit multiplier, -1 KO time, 0 credits, less consoles, less safes, more daemons.
  3. Another try at "Expert Plus Plus" with Monst3r, Banks, Seed, Brimstone.
  4. "No Inventory, Far Travel" challenge: Using inventory items is not allowed (but you can carry them to sell), you always have to pick the furthest available mission. With Banks, Internationale, Fusion, Lockpick.
  5. Expert Plus run with Archive Prism, Archive Sharp, Dynamo, Mercenary (the new agents and programs in the Fresh Code update).
  6. "Agent Alone" challenge: rules in this thread. With Central, Fusion, Lockpick.
  7. "Nightmare Mode": with Cyberboy2000's challenging enemies mod. Decker, Banks, Dynamo, Parasite.
  8. Another "Nightmare Mode" run: Internationale, Archive Dr. Xu, Seed, Rapier.
  9. Expert++ run from September which I just got round to uploading. Archive Banks, Archive Prism, Power Drip, Parasite.

All Ironman.

Anyone else playing Invisible, Inc. on YouTube (or other internets)? Any other challenge modes I could try?

How avot runs with mods. The community for mods is stillreally smal and every helping hand is helpful. Also, I try to port most of the mods within the next week to the newest Invisible Version and to the Modloader. If you search a challenge, you can say certain agents can onlydo some things before every mission, like only International can open saves and only Cdecker is allowed to KO enemys.

Solo run sounds like a good challenge. I probably won't manage on Expert Plus... maybe Expert.

I had a look at the list of mods; a lot of them seem to make the game easier rather than more challenging. The additional guard types stand out - Cyberboy2000 has a mod with 10 of them, but his post about it says there are some bugs. If this mod can be made to work well with the new version then I'll definitely do a run with it. The Modded MkII guards sound like a good addition too, though they'd only appear in one or two missions in a run.

"Only ____ can open safes" would make the game harder but it would also make the missions longer from having to move the right agents around the map more. I'm not sure this would be fun to play, or fun to watch. "Never KO guards" seems like a better challenge than "only ____ can KO guards".

That old mod is pretty much scrapped. Now that I have much more experience I want to focus on other projects so I can make them as good as I can. I'm working on a bigger mod now, but that won't be released until after the DLC is out. However a challenge mod with extra difficult enemies is a good idea. I will happily take a look at that as a sideproject.

Im also working on a bigger while I port most of the old ones. I hope to bring out an open beta of it in 1 to 2 months to test out some mechanics of it. It mostly is focosing on some gameplay mechanics and some new things the KI can do but It will also have augments which have effects on dead and Ko agents (the first thing i have writen in this Mod, yeah), as well as new items, programs, daemons, guards (and something special with detention centers). Fully released will it after the DLC with all its features. I also finally upgrade my Computer to 64 bit and look how I work with the .kwad files.

Also, the MKII will be the first thing I port (but with the instructions you should be able to install it (i think it should still work if you follow the read me)).

I would love to work together with you (and maybe also others) on Mods, but School starts next week for me and I have a big todo list (porting the mods, work at my own, write guides and guidelines and so on). Also, I would wait till the DlC falls and the Hotfixes are all out. But we could exchange what our big mods do to prevent big overlaps. So yeah, I look forward to that (and the CE is indeed really cool)

Thank you so much for this, warfreak2.  My complaint about a lot of Let's Plays for this game is that the concentration required is so intense that it seems a lot of players forget to explain why they're doing what they're doing.  And that's a shame, because I know there are plenty of holes in my strategies, so learning new ideas people have for getting the job done is something I really wanted.

I've only just started to watch your Expert Plus run, and I've already learned to re-think a great deal.  Thank you for all the time you spent doing this.

it seems a lot of players forget to explain why they're doing what they're doing.  And that's a shame, because I know there are plenty of holes in my strategies, so learning new ideas people have for getting the job done is something I really wanted.

Talking it through also helps me identify flaws in my own reasoning... at least some of the time. There are still plenty of times throughout the videos where I make inferences which are just plain wrong.

I'm about to start a solo run with Central on Expert mode. Wish me luck!

Talking it through also helps me identify flaws in my own reasoning... at least some of the time. There are still plenty of times throughout the videos where I make inferences which are just plain wrong.

I'm about to start a solo run with Central on Expert mode. Wish me luck!

Well, sure.  Not to put too fine a point on it, though, but if you explain yourself, at least I can see where your reasoning went wrong, and learn from your mistake.  If people just do things and stuff happens, I can't really learn how to be a better strategist nearly as effectively.  (They might have wanted the bad thing that just happened as the lesser of two evils as they work towards a goal they haven't described to me, for example.)  So even if you make a mistake once in a while, I'm learning a lot.

And good luck!

addams: It depends how many AP I have. If I get to the door and have 1 AP left, and I have a neural disrupter ready (not on cooldown), I open before peeking to get maximum vision on the room. If I have 2 AP then I can peek, open the door, then peek again. Similar logic applies to situations where I will have enough AP to get away from the door into cover if I peek once but not twice.

Ending your turn while peeking is important because you get information about patrols in the next room - if you can peek while the door is open, you retain maximum vision during the guards' turn even if you close the door again. Also, on Expert Plus, peeking through a closed door and seeing nothing doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to open the door, because the danger zones are hidden.

addams: It depends how many AP I have. If I get to the door and have 1 AP left, and I have a neural disrupter ready (not on cooldown), I open before peeking to get maximum vision on the room. If I have 2 AP then I can peek, open the door, then peek again. Similar logic applies to situations where I will have enough AP to get away from the door into cover if I peek once but not twice.

Ending your turn while peeking is important because you get information about patrols in the next room - if you can peek while the door is open, you retain maximum vision during the guards' turn even if you close the door again. Also, on Expert Plus, peeking through a closed door and seeing nothing doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to open the door, because the danger zones are hidden.

That's really good to know.  (Some of this you went on to explain in a subsequent video, if I'd just been patient.)  Thank you so much for sharing your insight into the game.

I just started watching through your series, warfreak2; I'm finding it both entertaining and helpful.  I really appreciate the way you talk through your reasoning as you go.  

Your first couple runs I've watched have made me realize I don't use the "lure guards by stepping into their peripheral vision" trick nearly as often as I probably should.

Your fourth video in your first series ("Profiting from Human Death") seems to cut off prior to your escape.  I think we can figure out the rest from where you left off, but if you're detail-oriented, you might want to check that out.

EDIT: It looks like the eighth video in that first series ("ALL OF THE CLOAKS") similarly cuts off, but in a place where the exit strategy is less obvious.

In your episode 1-3, around this point, there actually are two safe squares in the small room outside the detention centre, as per discussion in this thread, e.g. figure 2 here.

Whether one wants to rely on these is another question...

EDIT: wait, maybe this isn't true for drones as compared to standard guards (I forgot drones don't have peripheral vision area)?

I am now 6 missions into the Agent Alone challenge, playing with Central on Expert mode. Thank you to everyone commenting!

addams: Well spotted, there are three minutes cut off the end of that video - I'll try reuploading soon (though you're right, you didn't really miss anything).

BenjaminLewis: I was unaware of this detail at the time, though even now I'm aware of it I work on the assumption that those squares won't be safe anyway. You are probably right about the drones.

]addams: Well spotted, there are three minutes cut off the end of that video - I'll try reuploading soon (though you're right, you didn't really miss anything).

Unfortunately, the eighth video ("ALL OF THE CLOAKS") is similarly cut off, and it seems we're missing more of your exit strategy.

EDIT: The ninth video ("Drug Store") is also missing its conclusion.

Archived