PALMTREEGUARDS?!

I'm imagining a ship with a lantern on a pole attached to the bow, gliding smoothly and silently across the water...

then it got attacked by a swimming tree that launches coconuts. 

They can spin their palm leaves and thus, act like a propeller.

A'ight someone summon the devs! It's settled!

Palmtreeguards will look like tikis, swim, be light on feet, throw coconuts, fly using their palm leaves as propellers, drink soggyrot, have an addiction to Plants vs Zombies, and are at war with the Eskimos!

EDIT:

OH! and big burly mustaches because that's how you can tell they are evil!

And to crown it all, it is called "Leif Erikson"

Leif Heyerdahl* makes more sense in this situation.

*In reference to Thor Heyerdahl, who sailed a raft called the "Kon Tiki" from South America to the Polynesian Islands.  It's called history, learn it.

Leif Heyerdahl* makes more sense in this situation.

*In reference to Thor Heyerdahl, who sailed a raft called the "Kon Tiki" from South America to the Polynesian Islands.  It's called history, learn it.

Yeah but that breaks the point in the "leif" part

*In reference to Leif Eriksson, who discovered America before Columbus by going from Iceland to Vinland.  It's called history, learn it.

Yeah but that breaks the point in the "leif" part

*In reference to Leif Eriksson, who discovered America before Columbus by going from Iceland to Vinland.  It's called history, learn it.

But naming them after Erikson makes no sense, neither Iceland nor Vinland are really tropical.  The Polynesian Islands are.  It's called geography, learn it. 

But naming them after Erikson makes no sense, neither Iceland nor Vinland are really tropical.  The Polynesian Islands are.  It's called geography, learn it.

Yeah but that breaks the point in the "Leif" part of the name

*sigh* Let's settle for Palm Guard then.

EDIT: Wait you do know why "leif" is so important in this context right?

EDIT: Wait you do know why "leif" is so important in this context right?

wut, u think im sum kinda noob or sumthin?

Of course I do.  Leif is the in-game "name" of Treeguards, and also serves as the ID with which they are debugspawned.

{edit:  Never mind, Lord_Battal answered it for me.  I'd totally forgotten that connection.}

Actually Mobbstar, I'm curious, because I'm missing the Leif Erickson connection.

Is it because of the exceptional naval navigational skills that both Leif and the Polynesians possessed?

• Developer

{edit: Never mind, Lord_Battal answered it for me. I'd totally forgotten that connection.}

Actually Mobbstar, I'm curious, because I'm missing the Leif Erickson connection.

Is it because of the exceptional naval navigational skills that both Leif and the Polynesians possessed?

Is becuse Erik wull bee abol two suim u kno?

STUFF WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAT FISH- Deh hounds of de sea, but cats instead of hounds

SEA LIONS- Same thing, but like red hounds'

BUTTERFISH- Like jellyfish, give you butter(Butterflies, move over)

MAC TUSK 2.0- HE CAN SWIM :D

PALM TREES-

Will look like tikis, swim, be light on feet, throw coconuts, fly using their palm leaves as propellers, drink soggyrot, have an addiction to Plants vs Zombies, and are at war with the Eskimos!

OH! and big burly mustaches because that's how you can tell they are evil!

WEATHER- UNDERWATER VOLCANOES, AND MAYBE WHIRLPOOLS

DATS IT, HAVE A NICE DAY WHILE I TRY TO STOP CAPPING SO MUCH!!!! :D

Me going through this thread: I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one... and I like this one...

(srsly doe someone summon the devs these ideas are gold!)

the problem with woodie + woodlegs is that woodie would end up eating woodlegs' legs!..... that's not good...

infact, I really think that woodlegs should actually lose sanity when around woodie because of this being a possibility!

Or or or or or

(Minecraft let me borrow an idea)

Geysers or volcanoes on beaches can act as guardians for the trees! They erupt when you cut down a certain number of trees, and they are on a system like Krampuses karma counter.

Also, for the Minecraft thingy, there could be poison coconuts! Almost like the rarely dropping poison potato in minecraft, except this one would look like a coconut, and would have no visual differences to normal coconuts.

The only way to eat it without getting poisoned would be to cook it in some way

Archived