What would you like to see in shipwrecked?

• Developer
Another example dessicated tentacle + nightmare fuel = spawn a big stationary shadow tentacle similar to the one that the thulecite club spawns, but in power and stats as a normal swamp tentacle.   The Kazoo can be a musical instrument that makes bees follow you (since it creates a buzzing sound), and puts killer bees to sleep or something.

Someone needs to turn this into a mod!

noted. I shall try to make this, but first I must update Buffed Pets, release Extra Pig King Loot and start workin in Harder Insanity first or in-between this mod... 

Someone needs to turn this into a mod!

noted. I shall try to make this, but first I must update Buffed Pets, release Extra Pig King Loot and start workin in Harder Insanity first or in-between this mod... 

If you make this, you shall bee (beecause the kazoo?) our hero.

They should add more uses to trinkets like recipes and more things to waste gold on, maybe a golden plated turf that could reflect sunlight and therefore reduce overheating rate, but I doubt they would add content that affects RoG, since it's a DLC for the base game.

It would be reflecting the light back at you, not to mention metals in general holds its temperature rather well, so it'd just make you colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. Someone mentioned using Marble and Carpet for the same idea, Marble because it works like a heatsink (hand pulled taffy among other things is often worked on marble) so it'd keep you a little cooler in the summer, and Carpet being made of fur would hold what little heat it receives rather well making it slightly insulating during the winter.

If anything metal turf would be ideal for setting up a lightning rod to and use to power things which don't starve doesn't regularly have to bother with, or use as a redneck style electric trap for enemies. Possibly as an extention to WX's getting hit by lightning effect, he'd be immune to damage from standing on electrified metal turf and he'd run faster on it but can only stay on it for so long before it gives him a super jolt causing damage and possible upgrade loss.

It would be reflecting the light back at you, not to mention metals in general holds its temperature rather well, so it'd just make you colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. Someone mentioned using Marble and Carpet for the same idea, Marble because it works like a heatsink (hand pulled taffy among other things is often worked on marble) so it'd keep you a little cooler in the summer, and Carpet being made of fur would hold what little heat it receives rather well making it slightly insulating during the winter.

If anything metal turf would be ideal for setting up a lightning rod to and use to power things which don't starve doesn't regularly have to bother with, or use as a redneck style electric trap for enemies. Possibly as an extention to WX's getting hit by lightning effect, he'd be immune to damage from standing on electrified metal turf and he'd run faster on it but can only stay on it for so long before it gives him a super jolt causing damage and possible upgrade loss.

I thought of gold turfs reflecting back the heat because in space the sun heats objects via radiation and the infrared beams can be reflected off using gold foil. But on earth, gold would be heated from convection, so in terms of realism, it would not work.

There is this mod for carpets insulating and boards regenerating sanity.

I don't think electric equipment is don't starvish (sorry Mobbstar). And if they were to be added, I don't see what gaps they would fill in...

• Stunning is covered by pan flute (if you would taze an enemy using electricity)
  • Traps is covered by tooth traps (if you want electric wiring trap)
  • Teleportation is covered by telelocator staffs and worm holes

But I bet klei would still find a use for it if they do ever add it.

Check this thread out  (http://forums.kleien...eps-recruiting/) ! Its time to go Underwater !!!! 

Man o man, underwater world is being neglected by so many games nowadays, BioShock still doesn't have any competition to that.

I'll leave a couple of suggestions but unfortunately I can't contribute as a modder, since I'm not that good.

But please tell me you have a good artist that can draw in DS style. Of course it's just my preference but it would be amazing if there won't be major art differences. I could recommend the artist of this mod, haven't seen a closer looking style so far.

Man o man, underwater world is being neglected by so many games nowadays, BioShock still doesn't have any competition to that.

What are ya talkin about. Depth, Subnautica, Stranded Deep and FarSky are all good looking underwater games on steam.

What are ya talkin about. Depth, Subnautica, Stranded Deep and FarSky are all good looking underwater games on steam.

I should've specified, I meant more mystic and sci-fi, not realistic. I also meant not really underwater based games, but that have that kind of content.

For ex. (ironcally) BioShock 2, yes the game happens underwater but there are no underwater levels except when you transition from lvl a to b, and you can't do anything except walk and jump.

Skyrim also was a big disappointment, I understood that the sea that skyrim is open to (sea of ghosts), in the lore is full of insane creatures, in the game you get nothing from that, only some sunken ships and "fog" to give you a cheap claustrophobic feeling. No unique sea creatures, nothing...

glad someone made this post today 

personally i would like to see: 

1. more customizable camps, in other words more structures, more things to do at night to pass the time at camp, maybe a new mob to farm or a new way to gather food 

2. i would like to see shipwrecked be a dlc that adds content but does not limit any of the existing content, in other words kind of like the caves/ruins, where you can access it when you feel it is seasonally appropriate or when youre ready 

3. more danger and threats, such as new giants

4. more craftable items and structures, a lot more 

5. more characters obviously. usually i would  not complain about there not being enough characters as i am sure the ones they come out with will be good enough. but one character idea i've seen others suggesting which i thought would be a good idea and have even given it some substantial thought about is a vegan/vegetarian character... maybe u could make the vegan character one who does not kill but is very healthy, fast, sane, and smart. or the vegan could be interested in eating non-meats obviously but could still kill (although I really see no reason killing is necessary for a vegan character especially since killing can be done environmentally with gunpower, traps, etc) but has some other drawback from meat deficiency such as cravings for meat. u could make this character able to eat flowers or he/she could come equipped with special item/ability that would make crops grow mandrakes, or something cool like that... 

Different opinions are still not accepted? What year is it? And I was talking about the underwater content, not the game overall.

Apologies. And tbh skyrim never really tried to have underwater content, so a lack of it never stuck out to me. It is very possible that DS may have the same deal, but we still have CitD.

Edit: Skyrim probably also has a few good underwater mods out there as well.

Apologies. And tbh skyrim never really tried to have underwater content, so a lack of it never stuck out to me. It is very possible that DS may have the same deal, but we still have CitD.

Edit: Skyrim probably also has a few good underwater mods out there as well.

That's what I was saying, I remember someone saying that according to the lore, the sea that skyrim is open to (the sea of ghosts) houses some monstrosities, and what did we get? Slaughter fish? Pfff.

Whoever thought that making 11.11.11 a deadline just because it looks xXx_1337_xXx clearly knows nothing about quality and deserves a slap. How do I know they rushed it? Well, there is an abandoned Windhelm arena that you can access with console commands. Sure, it's small proof, but why is there a deep feeling that the game lacks so many things then, underwater content being one of them? They also let the dev team in the last week to code anything they wanted, out of which stuck out - seasons and spears, SPEARS I TELL YOU. Was it hard to add to the game? You tell me...

I wish they'll make the 6th game as good as Morrowind and not dumb down the RPG even more...

That's what I was saying, I remember someone saying that according to the lore, the sea that skyrim is open to (the sea of ghosts) houses some monstrosities, and what did we get? Slaughter fish? Pfff.

Whoever thought that making 11.11.11 a deadline just because it looks xXx_1337_xXx clearly knows nothing about quality and deserves a slap. How do I know they rushed it? Well, there is an abandoned Windhelm arena that you can access with console commands. Sure, it's small proof, but why is there a deep feeling that the game lacks so many things then, underwater content being one of them? They also let the dev team in the last week to code anything they wanted, out of which stuck out - seasons and spears, SPEARS I TELL YOU. Was it hard to add to the game? You tell me...

I wish they'll make the 6th game as good as Morrowind and not dumb down the RPG even more...

I have heard of the arena in windhelm, and it is very possible that they decided simply not to have it in the full game (thus it isn't finished). Or as a possibility, I do have faith in Bethesda and I think they can top skyrim, but there may be an element of planned obsolescence. If ES5 was too good, they may not be able to count on topping it with ES6. That's a little tin-foil-y, but it has been done before. Also, 11.11.11 does look 1337 as hell.

Edit: We are on Keli's forums, this can move to a private message if need be.

• Developer
I dunno but hey puzzle nerds, DS just had another micro update like, 2 seconds ago. Get digging see if you can find us the next hint at what Shipwrecked has in store!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57147-build-146724-patch-notes-17082015/

It's just too soon for another puzzle man, JoeW said so in my "Secret Caves Pic" thread. Indirectly, but he said so.

I probably would love to see an Adventure mode stage where you start out on an island, and the entire world is designed and molded to make you survive in a manner similar to Stranded Deep. All of the teleportato things are on their own islands, and the player is forced to scavenge the ocean and islands for food and supplies, while the forces of Poseidon/Neptune/Davy Jones are all working together to slowly whittle down the player's health, hunger, and sanity.

Heck, you could probably design it to be the potential alternative to the Darkness stage, especially since a world composed of islands sounds really tough and very easy for things to go wrong in.

The stage would be set to endless Spring to increase the forces of the weather that'll be inflicted upon the player.

Now, here's a really interesting thing to consider from a game testing perspective: over the course as the new content is being designed, there stands a reasonable possibility that a designer/developer ends up creating such a world for the purpose of testing.

Maybe they're testing how balanced the content is; maybe they're looking to see how well one can survive with the new content. Perhaps they wish to see how well one can survive mainly relying upon the new content.

In layman's terms... creating an adventure styled map that revolves around the DLC content could very well allow the most insight and opportunity to test the new content, and see what sort of potential the world gen has! And perhaps... once everything seems satisfactory, the world itself could be tweaked a little bit, and passed off for a world gen option, and/or an Adventure mode stage.

Closing note: In such worlds, you might want to give the player a sturdy raft, or to put it simply, provide the player a slow water floating device that can't fall apart so they can't end up forever stranded. Player made boats would be the real fast and suggested method for travel.

P.S. Thank you auto-save!

I probably would love to see an Adventure mode stage where you start out on an island

There is one, it's called Archipelago. The world is broken into five large islands, most of them boasting their own unique biomes, with all of them connected via wormholes.

Archived