What would you like to see in shipwrecked?

What do you think would be cool if it's added?

JoeW said we'd get new playable characters, biomes, creatures and seasonal effects. The latter is something I'm really looking forward too. I hope there will be different kinds of storms, fog, floodings and for the sea - wave height. Wilson is featured using a boat so it would be kinda silly to paddle around in a 100% calm sea all the time.

I really hope there will be underwater content, although the trailer portrayed wilson rowing a boat so I'm not sure about that.

I would imagine a playable character would be water-based, maybe like a merm, and needs to constantly be in a wet state to survive on land.

I doubt there will be pirates since DS is all about being alone in the world, and encountering other humans would ruin the illusion, although there can be humanoid pirates.

In the promotional wallpaper there was an island with coconut trees. That means we can finally have imaginary horses.

And finally...

SHARK PIRATES(with obligatory anchor tatoo)

JoeW said we'd get new playable characters, biomes, creatures and seasonal effects. The latter is something I'm really looking forward too. I hope there will be different kinds of storms, fog, floodings and for the sea - wave height. Wilson is featured using a boat so it would be kinda silly to paddle around in a 100% calm sea all the time.

That's a great idea! I'd love to see these things in game. especially the storms =) 

I definitely want, no I demand, some kind of reference to Innsmouth. That perfectly overlaps with the Dagon thing mentioned ^above^.

EDIT:

I really hope there will be underwater content, although the trailer portrayed wilson rowing a boat so I'm not sure about that.

I would imagine a playable character would be water-based, maybe like a merm, and needs to constantly be in a wet state to survive on land.

I doubt there will be pirates since DS is all about being alone in the world, and encountering other humans would ruin the illusion, although there can be humanoid pirates.

In the promotional wallpaper there was an island with coconut trees. That means we can finally have imaginary horses.

And finally SHARK PIRATES

But what about CitD mod?

Yes!

Yes, but no.

lol like the onemanband?

Nooo, I vote porpoirates! (dolphin pirates)

I definitely want, no I demand, some kind of reference to Innsmouth. That perfectly overlaps with the Dagon thing mentioned ^above^.

EDIT:

But what about CitD mod?

Yes!

Yes, but no.

lol like the onemanband?

Nooo, I vote porpoirates! (dolphin pirates)

CitD? Can you elaborate?

Coconuts don't migrate.

And what will the dolphins do to me? Show me tricks till I get bored to death? Sharks will instead flex their fin biceps at me.

1.Sea storms
2.Wind in the sea (so you have problems with moving your boat or change in the waves)
3.Maelstroms
4.If it makes it to DST ship or at least boats for 2-3 ppl
5.Icebergs
6.The sea to froze at winter / add icebergs 
7.Mist
8.Rivers (but i think i'm asking for too much here)

Well, i'd like to see just two characters in this new dlc:

-the pyro (tf2 ftw)

-WALLAAAACE

they aren't pirate-style, but doesn't matter XD

To quote what JoeW said regarding pyro:

I already told you guys what it was.

There is no holding back of news, we don't know what we are going to do with it. Like I said, the team did it for the fun of it. How or when it would come out and it what form, if any has yet to be determined.

There is no grand plan. It's not part of some big announcement or promotion, it was just something we thought might be fun that we thought you guys might find fun and interesting as well.

No nefarious plan or dishonest intentions. And I have to say, I am a bit disappointed to see that any of you would think otherwise.

Wallace's portrait does have the "stranded on an island" vibe. Maybe since the DLC seems to be tropical themed, why not Wilbur the monkey?

I'm just thinking about WX-78 at sea. He would  get wet crazy fast in the type of boat wilson had. Maybe there was a new kind of upgrade WX could do besides eating gears that would make him more resistant to water temporarily, maybe he fills the gaps in his chassis with something that degrades over time.

I'm just thinking about WX-78 at sea. He would  get wet crazy fast in the type of boat wilson had. Maybe there was a new kind of upgrade WX could do besides eating gears that would make him more resistant to water temporarily, maybe he fills the gaps in his chassis with something that degrades over time.

Buff Wx even more? Let's list down some of his abilities

• He gets gets full food values from eating regardless of spoilage state
  • He can upgrade his stats to a wooping 400 hp 300 sanity 200 Hunger
  • If he gets hit by lightning he gets massive speed boost
  • No damage penalty or whatsoever

His only weakness is water and should be kept like that.

Now this got me thinking, maybe the boat also has HP and as it gets more hit, the boat starts getting leaks and your char starts getting wet and lose sanity.

And then, how would nightmare monsters appear in the open sea? Will they be in nightmare boats? Or maybe nightmare birds.

Now this got me thinking, maybe the boat also has HP and as it gets more hit, the boat starts getting leaks and your char starts getting wet and lose sanity.

And then, how would nightmare monsters appear in the open sea? Will they be in nightmare boats? Or maybe nightmare birds.

Anyone who thinks WX is op should get the WX overhaul mod, I do wish it would update with some modular cores for hot/cold weather survival as well as some form of waterproofing besides clothes. The values don't go as high I don't think, and they're more costly than chomp down on gears, and he no longer gets to cop out and use gears as food.

I do feel like the way in which he does get water damge is a bit OP to begin with, I feel like it should be nerfed so he only takes damage

a) directly in rain or

b) over a certain wetness value, 1 point of wetness shouldn't cause shorts. Like, I dunno 20 wetness before he starts sparking even under cover. It was my idea that he become modularly upgradeable in the first place though.

Cause in my mind 1 point of wetness is like, a single drop of water on your face or something, hardly enough to cause a robot to short circuit. I like my idea, it means if you hide beneath trees or the rather ineffective flower umbrella you won't lose a ton of health, but you will eventually start sparking after a while. I think it should also get pretty bad as you gain wetness, to the point where full wetness is deadly.. actually make it so getting fully wet will cause a 'system reboot' which removes some or all earned upgrades and leaves him unconscious, waking up the next morning or time of day with low stats like when woodie comes out of beaver mode.

But it would be a total bummer if WX couldn't viably go out on the open seas for very long. And I don't think an item that temporaily buffs wetness resistance would be that badly unbalanced if it could be used on every character. The idea needs some refining.

I request more trinkets!

I'm a trinket addict! I need more trinkets!

They should add more uses to trinkets like recipes and more things to waste gold on, maybe a golden plated turf that could reflect sunlight and therefore reduce overheating rate, but I doubt they would add content that affects RoG, since it's a DLC for the base game.

For ex. Gnome trinket reduces chance of gobler spawning (there is a mod for that even, or it scares them away, forgot).

Another example dessicated tentacle + nightmare fuel = spawn a big stationary shadow tentacle similar to the one that the thulecite club spawns, but in power and stats as a normal swamp tentacle.

The Kazoo can be a musical instrument that makes bees follow you (since it creates a buzzing sound), and puts killer bees to sleep or something.

Archived