![character]! DDNW (I) and some problems/questions

Hello!!

Since a Year I try to finish this mod. There were some bugs, but now i start again...

First: I need some more answers.

1. How exacly can I make a new animation and how to use it?

2. Is it posible, that my ghost will have some powers/items?

3. As u can see, in basic build there is a tail, how can i delete it so, that there won`t be any problems.

Please help.

DDNW

(sory if i made here any language mistake)

DDNW (DST).zip

Edited by DDNW

Man, animations are this whole ordeal. Believe me, I've spent the past week trying to replace the basic attack animation on my custom character. First of all, download Spriter from the website http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm. The Spriter version that comes with Don't Starve's mod tools is out of date. 

Are you trying to replace an existing animation, or do you want to make a brand new animation? Regardless, what you want to do is open the esctemplate.scml file and save it as a new .scml file. From there you want to make a separate animation xMvEZoH.png

for each directional facing and animation phase. That image is the player attacks. There's one animation for each punch (up, side, and down), but with a weapon there's 3 for each facing. Anyway, what you want to do is copy that default animation into however many you need, then delete the parts you don't need. For the down and side animations, you'll have to shift the (0,0) point by holding the "m" key and dragging the background. Otherwise your animation will be off-center in game. From there, just follow a basic spriter animation guide, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQy7eX_CWPM. While you don't need to use bones for animation in Don't Starve, it'll probably make your life a lot easier.

I'm sure it's possible to give your ghost powers. Many things check whether you're a ghost using inst:HasTag("playerghost"). You could probably listen for a "haunt" event, and have it run your function. 

The tail one is the easiest. In the character template, there's a /character and a /character_cleared folder. /character_cleared contains blank files of the appropriate size. Just copy your \character_cleared\tail folder over your \character\tail. Your "tail" will still be there, just invisible.

second new: How i remember in components/sanity there was (in DS) something about rain.

But were is it now, where is the comand, that change the sanity becouse of the rain?

Please help me with this two things

In your character prefab

local function sanityfn(inst)	if TheWorld.state.israining then		inst.components.sanity.dapperness = TUNING.DAPPERNESS_TINY*-1	else		inst.components.sanity.dapperness = 0	endend

In your character prefab's master_postinit

inst.components.sanity.custom_rate_fn = sanityfn
Edited by DrSmugleaf

@DDNW,

Your functions make no sense.

local function BecomeWater(inst)	if TheWorld.state.isday and not inst:HasTag("water") and not inst:HasTag("playerghost") and not inst.components.health:IsDead() then		inst:AddTag("water")		inst:RemoveTag("fire")		inst.AnimState:SetBuild("water.zip")		inst.components.temperature.mintemp = 5		inst.components.temperature.maxtemp = TUNING.MAX_ENTITY_TEMP	endendlocal function BecomeFire(inst)	if TheWorld.state.isnight and not inst:HasTag("fire") and not inst:HasTag("playerghost") and not inst.components.health:IsDead() then				inst:AddTag("fire")		inst:RemoveTag("water")		inst.AnimState:SetBuild("fire.zip")		inst.components.temperature.mintemp = TUNING.MIN_ENTITY_TEMP		inst.components.temperature.maxtemp = 55	endend