How do I make a Custom Spider Den Tile?

I'm trying to make a feature similar to the GroundCreepEntity that spider den's use.

The thing is, I'm not sure how to change the textures and noise like I would a tileset. I searched for entries of "GroundCreep" with notepad++ in data/scripts but can't really find things I can easily tinker with. I might end up having to emulate it with my own script.

I haven't worked with modded tiles before though, I have a custom noise to use for the appearance, I was just wondering if there's a way I can create something similar to the spider dens GroundCreepEntity but with a custom texture.

@Zackreaver, there is no nice way to do modded tiles. They are like recipes were before PeterA got them fixed.

I wonder if we bug PeterA a little bit about this he might give us some insight on it. Either way I bet PeterA will eventually get to it if we only make sure PeterA know about it....right PeterA?

Note: I've mentioned PeterA five (5) times in this post alone. Wait, nope that is six (6) times. :victorious:

Edited by Kzisor

• Developer

Lucky for me, our internet was down today, so I didn't get any of these notifications, heh.

Regarding the modded tiles. I unfortunately haven't had time to dig into that aspect of our engine much yet, so I'm not going to be much help. I've added it to the list of things to improve though!

Okay okay, but what could I do right now though?  Are modded tiles completely impossible? Or is there something I could work with in the meantime.

Any thread of attempts at this? I'll have it's priority pushed back until it becomes cleaner to work with, but I'd like to see how my artist's tile's look in game if there's anyway I can view it in the meantime.

Worse case, I'll go check it on don't starve singleplayer.