Irate pigs?

I'm fairly new to the game so I'm probably just missing something, but here goes. So, In several of my worlds I have found pig natives that get irate if I walk next to their grass patch. When they chase after me they say things like, "protect King". The king isn't there, It's a patch of grass. Are they afraid that I am going to raid their grass collection or do they honestly believe that the king pig is there?

I'm fairly new to the game so I'm probably just missing something, but here goes. So, In several of my worlds I have found pig natives that get irate if I walk next to their grass patch. When they chase after me they say things like, "protect King". The king isn't there, It's a patch of grass. Are they afraid that I am going to raid their grass collection or do they honestly believe that the king pig is there?

These crazy blood-thirsty porkchops are what we like to call "Pig Guardians". They used to surround the king instead of obelisks, but are now just set pieces that randomly spawn in the world. Their quotes were never changed, so yes, they do think the king is there.

If it matters any story-wise, it could be inferred that at least some of them also act like Maxwell is their king with the way they guard his statues in the "Two Worlds" chapter in Adventure Mode (even though they'll still attack you even if you are playing as Maxwell).

(Also do they really do those other things during full moons that people have mentioned here? I've got a LOT of hours behind me and I've never known them to do that, but then again I've always been armed when I go near those set pieces)

(Also do they really do those other things during full moons that people have mentioned here? I've got a LOT of hours behind me and I've never known them to do that, but then again I've always been armed when I go near those set pieces)

No, they're speaking of their transformations to werepigs on a full moon. They had me scratching my head for a second too. 

They will start killing each other, though.  They don't all revert to normal at once.  The werepigs fight the normal pigs, and the fight continues even after they've all returned to normal.  It's entertaining and profitable.

The first *man to understand what I meant to suggest. :grin:

*temporary

Archived