Don't Starve: Shipwrecked - Coming This Fall

Yeah, they're pretty dead now, especially U&A. U&A was interesting but no one gave a f** after a while, let em die.

f**? Forgot a few asterisks there, buddy. :p

I'm pretty sure both CitD and HitD is still active, if only in their respective PM chains and publicly-hidden subforums. And, while U&A is dead, Debugman's already taking reasonable steps to start it back up and is doing quite well considering he has to replace almost all of his former modding team.

Yeah, they're pretty dead now, especially U&A. U&A was interesting but no one gave a f** after a while, let em die.

Dude, y u hate mod projects?!

Also, I'll be getting a new computer in like a week or so, so once that is on my desk, I'll be ramming some textures, anims and probably even a soundtyrack for the mod. It's not dead yet and as long as I live, it won't die! Ever! (until it is finished ofcrs, but I'll probably be working on my second mod project by then).

Dude, y u hate mod projects?!

Also, I'll be getting a new computer in like a week or so, so once that is on my desk, I'll be ramming some textures, anims and probably even a soundtyrack for the mod. It's not dead yet and as long as I live, it won't die! Ever! (until it is finished ofcrs, but I'll probably be working on my second mod project by then).

I didn't take the PMs and stuff into account, U&A is definitely dead due to staff loss, and I saw they are removing the upper 2 levels in return. Xirmi though, I can trust you to do something decent from what I've seen of you. Hero in the Dark whe I played it, wasn't bad, but the barbarian was horrible.

Final nail? Coffin? Could you please tell me why do you think CITD is a bad mod idea?

It's not a bad idea, it's great.  It's just that development on it seems slow, and it seems it's going to die.  Also, whoever said I made RPGclops, that was a joke mod, and I do not endorse or care for that mod in any way.  I also didn't come up with it, that was some other guy in a joke fourm in DST.

But, you know, even if they do add underwater gameplay, CITD could just add their mobs to spawn underwater too.  Then it works for everyone.

• Developer

It's not a bad idea, it's great. It's just that development on it seems slow, and it seems it's going to die. Also, whoever said I made RPGclops, that was a joke mod, and I do not endorse or care for that mod in any way. I also didn't come up with it, that was some other guy in a joke fourm in DST.

But, you know, even if they do add underwater gameplay, CITD could just add their mobs to spawn underwater too. Then it works for everyone.

Development is not dead, we just do it mostly by PM :p (though things have been going kinda slow, lately... but that's cause Lamp isn't here at the moment) Once Lamp comes back, development will be up and running once again!

Development is not dead, we just do it mostly by PM :p (though things have been going kinda slow, lately... but that's cause Lamp isn't here at the moment) Once Lamp comes back, development will be up and running once again!

I know this is going off topic, but what makes you think that just because Lamp's not here we can't organise by ourselves? Sure, he is the one to keep track of the list way more often than us, but surely we can manage ourselves even if he is away for a while. Just watch; neither me nor any of the other members are brainless automatons, and I shall prove it, with my own actions! The hype of the will is strong!

True, but people kinda lose some of their "fuel" when he's not present :/

Especially me, since he had to leave just as the frREAKING PEER VOTING STARTED GRAASGHUDBIFFF

Anyways, we should probably move this to a different topic. The recruitment page, perhaps?

It'd be really nice to see some (or all) of those unused characters in the game files.  For some reason, the Witch-Hazel-looking "Waverly" is particularly entertaining to look at, what with her prognathous insipid expression...

It'd be really nice to see some (or all) of those unused characters in the game files.  For some reason, the Witch-Hazel-looking "Waverly" is particularly entertaining to look at, what with her prognathous insipid expression...

Someone who would really fit in is Wallace,

just somethin' about him looks piratey to me it may be his nose I don't know?                                                                                                                Wallace_portrait.png

So, I'm guessing, by the time this will be moved to DST (which I'm sure it will be) and Through the Ages comes out, will I not be playing DST RoG but: "Don't Starve Together Reign of Giants Shipwrecked Through the Ages".

Or for "short": DST ROG SW TTA

2muchdlc4me ;-;

Someone who would really fit in is Wallace,

just somethin' about him looks piratey to me it may be his nose I don't know?                                                                                                                Wallace_portrait.png

Beard too. The hair is bit to elizabethan dont'cha think?

Hey folks! Capy is working with us to make Shipwrecked because they are amazing developers and huge fans of Don't Starve. Rest assured that it's completely inside the Don't Starve universe, and we've been working with them every step of the way. 

Nathan (from Capy) and I have been friends for many years, and if you look at their work, they never release anything subpar. Most of the Don't Starve team is working on DST, and we felt this would be a great way to add more content to singleplayer, and also experiment with new mechanics. Appreciate the questions, though, I get that this is a bit different. I assure you we've heavily been involved.

Is Shipwrecked aimed at single player only?

I hope we'll see some parrot pirates on this swashbuckling seafaring search for new ways to stave starvation. And of course where there's Pirates there's rum! I suggest for the name of the would be buccaneers booze to be "Soggy Rot". I've thought the odd naming of wet rotten food has always sounded like a deadmans drink!

nah, CitD is barely being worked on. Kill it off.
 m8 you better watch your words ! CitD is being worked on as hard as we can and the team is doing great we just finishing the last few things in order to avoid having placeholders and such. Plus in few days we're gonna have a sub forums too as U&A and HitD sooooooo its not dead at ALLLLLLLLLLL !

I dare them to.  Put a final nail in the CITD coffin.
Pffff... Coffin ! CitD is gonna be out and rolling in a month or even less and trust me if I say its gonna be awesome. We'll make the underwater and klei the surface = joint venture ! 

In your stream I heard this expansion will be standalone.

I totally understand that choice as this world has a tropical theme that doesn't fit next to the harsh and cold vanilla/ RoG world (along with gameplay changes).

But would it be possible that you combine both worlds quite similar to the caves implementation in don't starve?

You could maybe add a dock or anything else that allows travelling between the shipwrecked and vanilla world in separately generated maps. Another idea would be a whale that would appear occasionally - maybe induced by the player? - that could eat you, take you to the other map and spit you out.

Archived