Don't Starve: Shipwrecked - Coming This Fall

Klei Entertainment has partnered with our friends at Capy, creators of Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, Super Time Force and Below; to bring fans of Don’t Starve the latest single-player expansion: Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked!

Could someone from Klei explain this partnership a little more? What exactly does that mean? Why do you need to get someone else's help for this project? What is Capy doing as a part of this? Are they actually designing or programming the game or just doing art or music or marketing or something? 

We're probably going to need a new post describing how this partnership is going work, otherwise there's probably going to be a lot of confused people.

Agreed. Is this a cross-over with their universe characters/locales?

Why is this partnership present and how much will it have an effect on Klei's product.

• Developer

Hey folks! Capy is working with us to make Shipwrecked because they are amazing developers and huge fans of Don't Starve. Rest assured that it's completely inside the Don't Starve universe, and we've been working with them every step of the way. 

Nathan (from Capy) and I have been friends for many years, and if you look at their work, they never release anything subpar. Most of the Don't Starve team is working on DST, and we felt this would be a great way to add more content to singleplayer, and also experiment with new mechanics. Appreciate the questions, though, I get that this is a bit different. I assure you we've heavily been involved.

1 new character:A Pirate

Pls Klei,i just want to say that word.Ya guys all know right?That word?

Underwater or above water?

This ^

I have suggested a Pirate character before and I would very much love to play as one!

Maybe his ability is that he can bury things, as well as dig them up. 

Or maybe he can build better ships/boats. Endless possibilities! 

Hey folks! Capy is working with us to make Shipwrecked because they are amazing developers and huge fans of Don't Starve. Rest assured that it's completely inside the Don't Starve universe, and we've been working with them every step of the way. 

Nathan (from Capy) and I have been friends for many years, and if you look at their work, they never release anything subpar. Most of the Don't Starve team is working on DST, and we felt this would be a great way to add more content to singleplayer, and also experiment with new mechanics. Appreciate the questions, though, I get that this is a bit different. I assure you we've heavily been involved.

Thank you for the information. We are looking forward to hearing more about what new additions are on their way! 

You know, makes me wonder when you guys announce we're getting new characters...

You think your profile pic (prototype Dont Starve fella) might ever come in as a playable character?

Final nail? Coffin? Could you please tell me why do you think CITD is a bad mod idea?

That is the guy who came up with RPGclops. You can safely ignore his arbitrary stream of words until he comes up with reasons for his statements.

Archived