Recommended Posts

Mikeadatrix    1,804
1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

I just changed the name of the thread, hopefully it won't get confused as easily now.

Excellent! Welp. Time to wait for this thread to seep back into the recesses of the forum.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris1488    10,749
3 hours ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

Is the one and only Potato cup gonna be a April fools 2017 item?

tbh that seems like a good April fools joke

>Potato Cup

>Joke

You are a funny man.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    932

Ring Wendy will never happen.

The developers have been extremely specific about every playable female character having their hair bound in a pony-tail or bun. And then exceptions are sometimes made in the skins where they will have it braided, and often wrapped around their head.

Wendy having open hair would break the relatively arbitrary theme they have chosen. Which is likely why most of these are just concepts because a lot of them go too far. Having characters running around with glowing wings and bikinis doesn't break immersion in MMOs because they have none, but a bunch of halloween costume-esque outfits all year round in this game would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrxarous    105
14 minutes ago, The Curator said:

*snip*

The developers have been extremely specific about every playable female character having their hair bound in a pony-tail or bun. And then exceptions are sometimes made in the skins where they will have it braided, and often wrapped around their head.

*snip*

Also I would think that if they had free flowing hair it would be a pain to make and manage the animations in this art style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    2,245
3 hours ago, mrxarous said:

Also I would think that if they had free flowing hair it would be a pain to make and manage the animations in this art style.

Yeah I know one of my pet peeves is Wendy's hair from the back because it constantly overlaps with her other pigtail and drives me insane as it just constantly overlaps back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,964
4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Ring Wendy will never happen.

The developers have been extremely specific about every playable female character having their hair bound in a pony-tail or bun. And then exceptions are sometimes made in the skins where they will have it braided, and often wrapped around their head.

Wendy having open hair would break the relatively arbitrary theme they have chosen. Which is likely why most of these are just concepts because a lot of them go too far. Having characters running around with glowing wings and bikinis doesn't break immersion in MMOs because they have none, but a bunch of halloween costume-esque outfits all year round in this game would.

I would not go that far. After all any GoH and most Triumphant skins break immersion. Wicker strutting around in a ballgown and high heels. Have you seen her fighting the deerclops decked out like this? It's quite something.

The hair being put in braids, ponytails, buns and pigtails makes sense for the 1920s. The real cause might actually be how undraped hair can look messy, not to mention the pain it is to animate (even more so in 2D). Long hair would risk pokethrough and anim assets glitching. It is not necessarily a theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tricksters    54
6 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

I wonder if hidden somewere is Woodies 'unidentified skin' (looks like a begger >_<)

this one?
tumblr_nvznb2LKVq1tlyemmo2_400.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    25,625
13 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

I wonder if hidden somewere is Woodies 'unidentified skin' (looks like a begger >_<)

Lobotomy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ReubuxxInc    201
6 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

The truth of this is I'm dissapointed that most of these skins didn't make it into the final project.

That's true for most concept art though. Sucks, but it happens. 

But don't get too disappointed, it's likely that they will be used at some point in the future still.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destros09    1,134
1 minute ago, ReubuxxInc said:

But don't get too disappointed, it's likely that they will be used at some point in the future still.

Slipster 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    710

One collection that seems to be the most fleshed out in the concept art seems to be Young/W.I.P.

Think about it.

  • Young Wilson
  • Orphan Willow
  • Young Wickerbottom
  • W.I.P WX-78
  • Lobotomy Woodie (judging from his hair and clothes, he seems to have a different, younger style to him)

I dunno, it sounds like a cool skin set, but some problems would arise (Orphan Willow's hat, Wilson's magnificent beard)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    10,027
40 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

One collection that seems to be the most fleshed out in the concept art seems to be Young/W.I.P.

Think about it.

  • Young Wilson
  • Orphan Willow
  • Young Wickerbottom
  • W.I.P WX-78
  • Lobotomy Woodie (judging from his hair and clothes, he seems to have a different, younger style to him)

I dunno, it sounds like a cool skin set, but some problems would arise (Orphan Willow's hat, Wilson's magnificent beard)

If this skin set is like "The Past" then Wendy's could be the funeral one. That's the only way I could see it working for them. As for Webber, well, having them not get eaten would be awesome, but then some perks would make less sense lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    710
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

 As for Webber, well, having them not get eaten would be awesome, but then some perks would make less sense lol.

Maybe they could make Webber a spider fanatic who carries his pet spider around? and that little spider would regularly produce webbing around his neck? His special "touch" with spiders and agility in avoiding and observing spider webs would help him befriend spiders and walking through spider nest flooring.

 

I suppose the pigmen and bunnymen would instead be going for Webber's pet spider, and considering how simple minded they can be.. Well yeah they wouldn't care about collateral damage done to people AROUND said spider.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    25,625
6 hours ago, ReubuxxInc said:

But don't get too disappointed, it's likely that they will be used at some point in the future still.

A.k.a. Deerfrid. We had no idea what that Wigfrid in a furry cosplayer outfit until Hallowed Nights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    25,625
17 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! We all know how Webber's young version would be!

  Hide contents

Spider Eggs on ground Yup, that's him

 

Queen spider would be showing off her wallet of baby Webber photos to the fellow Queens in neighboring forests.:wilson_ecstatic:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now