All Skins Concept Art

Ring Wendy will never happen.

The developers have been extremely specific about every playable female character having their hair bound in a pony-tail or bun. And then exceptions are sometimes made in the skins where they will have it braided, and often wrapped around their head.

Wendy having open hair would break the relatively arbitrary theme they have chosen. Which is likely why most of these are just concepts because a lot of them go too far. Having characters running around with glowing wings and bikinis doesn't break immersion in MMOs because they have none, but a bunch of halloween costume-esque outfits all year round in this game would.

14 minutes ago, The Curator said:

*snip*

The developers have been extremely specific about every playable female character having their hair bound in a pony-tail or bun. And then exceptions are sometimes made in the skins where they will have it braided, and often wrapped around their head.

*snip*

Also I would think that if they had free flowing hair it would be a pain to make and manage the animations in this art style. 

3 hours ago, mrxarous said:

Also I would think that if they had free flowing hair it would be a pain to make and manage the animations in this art style.

Yeah I know one of my pet peeves is Wendy's hair from the back because it constantly overlaps with her other pigtail and drives me insane as it just constantly overlaps back and forth.

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Ring Wendy will never happen.

Wendy having open hair would break the relatively arbitrary theme they have chosen. Which is likely why most of these are just concepts because a lot of them go too far. Having characters running around with glowing wings and bikinis doesn't break immersion in MMOs because they have none, but a bunch of halloween costume-esque outfits all year round in this game would.

I would not go that far. After all any GoH and most Triumphant skins break immersion. Wicker strutting around in a ballgown and high heels. Have you seen her fighting the deerclops decked out like this? It's quite something.

The hair being put in braids, ponytails, buns and pigtails makes sense for the 1920s. The real cause might actually be how undraped hair can look messy, not to mention the pain it is to animate (even more so in 2D). Long hair would risk pokethrough and anim assets glitching. It is not necessarily a theme.

6 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

The truth of this is I'm dissapointed that most of these skins didn't make it into the final project.

That's true for most concept art though. Sucks, but it happens. 

But don't get too disappointed, it's likely that they will be used at some point in the future still.

• Like 2

One collection that seems to be the most fleshed out in the concept art seems to be Young/W.I.P.

Think about it.

• Young Wilson
  • Orphan Willow
  • Young Wickerbottom
  • W.I.P WX-78
  • Lobotomy Woodie (judging from his hair and clothes, he seems to have a different, younger style to him)

I dunno, it sounds like a cool skin set, but some problems would arise (Orphan Willow's hat, Wilson's magnificent beard)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

One collection that seems to be the most fleshed out in the concept art seems to be Young/W.I.P.

Think about it.

• Young Wilson
  • Orphan Willow
  • Young Wickerbottom
  • W.I.P WX-78
  • Lobotomy Woodie (judging from his hair and clothes, he seems to have a different, younger style to him)

I dunno, it sounds like a cool skin set, but some problems would arise (Orphan Willow's hat, Wilson's magnificent beard)

If this skin set is like "The Past" then Wendy's could be the funeral one. That's the only way I could see it working for them. As for Webber, well, having them not get eaten would be awesome, but then some perks would make less sense lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

As for Webber, well, having them not get eaten would be awesome, but then some perks would make less sense lol.

Maybe they could make Webber a spider fanatic who carries his pet spider around? and that little spider would regularly produce webbing around his neck? His special "touch" with spiders and agility in avoiding and observing spider webs would help him befriend spiders and walking through spider nest flooring.

I suppose the pigmen and bunnymen would instead be going for Webber's pet spider, and considering how simple minded they can be.. Well yeah they wouldn't care about collateral damage done to people AROUND said spider.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Maybe they could make Webber a spider fanatic who carries his pet spider around? and that little spider would regularly produce webbing around his neck? His special "touch" with spiders and agility in avoiding and observing spider webs would help him befriend spiders and walking through spider nest flooring.

I suppose the pigmen and bunnymen would instead be going for Webber's pet spider, and considering how simple minded they can be.. Well yeah they wouldn't care about collateral damage done to people AROUND said spider.

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

If this skin set is like "The Past" then Wendy's could be the funeral one. That's the only way I could see it working for them. As for Webber, well, having them not get eaten would be awesome, but then some perks would make less sense lol.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! We all know how Webber's young version would be!

Spoiler

Spider Eggs on ground Yup, that's him

• Like 9
  • Haha 1