All Skins Concept Art

The concept skins are not gone, we just aren't starting with them right away. The feedback we get on the skins is extremely important to us right now, so constructive feedback is very much what we are looking for so please keep it coming. We'll be showing more concepts in the future for you to post here. =)

I feel like those clothes are so tiny (lol to shoes) that it is not much difference between players. Yeah i have to see it live and with more players but i was surprised to see clothes in place of actual skins. At the end everyone will wear armor or backpacks and hats so those clothes are useful maybe at the start of the game and as i said with not that much of difference. With those skins that you showed us it is whole different story and i don't know now how you make for example young Wilson - three special pieces of clothes together make that whole skin so his face and hair is different too? 

That beefalo backpack is so ridiculous, uncraftable and awesome! :D Looking forward to other item skins!

I was honestly a bit let down by the skin reveal today, as it wasn't what I spent the day at working hoping for. I do feel the change of clothing won't really make one character stand out from the other that well. Items will also quickly take away from it. However, I can see some positives as there is that charm of collecting items that can mix + match. 

The backpack and the idea behind skinning some of the items is however the best news there was on the stream by far, and it's genius. The Beefalo backpack was adorable and really adds some life to the same old items we have to make each game. I'd like to see a variety in these, as they are an item my friends will often get confused on who's backpack is who's as well as other items. With skins for items, our personal items will stand out from the crowd and could lead to a heavier impact of feeling like a snowflake. 

For the love of frogs and Frogger (Webber frog idea), I'd LOVE to see a frog backpack. It'd just be adorable. <3  :frog:

Please make it so that certain concept characters automatically get an item skin (like W3N-D and the brass looking lantern)

This lantern would probable be an alternate skin of the classic lantern, like the "beefalo backpack" is an alternate skin of the classic backpack.

It's better to allow each player to not automatically have the item skin, and rather choose to make a special skin item. Would allow strange combo and contrast, and more variety !

Like having W3N-D having a beefalo backpack and a funeral hat :grin:

I think skins have to be very different from one another to really make a difference for players.

The idea of skins getting crafter/found is pretty cool, and the current system gives more options to get your own style.

But i still love those set of skins more. Because they really put the character into a new context (making clear differentiation), they can get a bit more crazy (less options, but the choice matters more (but i think we're also gonna see more things so that could change)). Also for a lot of players of together, having more options is not really primordial because they're gonna play with a relatively small number of friends.

Notice that i'm 100% for having both ! I just thought skins we're just gonna be "new" characters with the same code of the others and just a change in appearance, but I see Klei put more effort into it to give us a more complete system. So wait and see.

Also, PLEASE GIVE US Dr JEKYLL/MISTER HYDE WOLFGANG

• Like 1

Last week's stream revealed that there will be no more skin reveals :frown-new: because we will be getting skins very soon  :encouragement:

Based on JoeW's definition of soon means that is is a few months off :/ christmas at best

(can a mod change the name of this topic to just 'All Revealed Skins'? thanks)

Edited by Chris1488

We have portraits for some skins that are gonna be added hopefully!

Special thanks to Neutral_Steve and CheeseNuggets101 for finding these in the files.

post-563359-0-59772400-1444673928_thumb.

post-563359-0-26750500-1444674047_thumb.

post-563359-0-18221700-1444674061_thumb.

post-563359-0-03008200-1444674074_thumb.

post-563359-0-91535100-1444674194_thumb.

post-563359-0-99087700-1444674090_thumb.

post-563359-0-33126900-1444674147_thumb.

-insert maxwell skins here-

post-563359-0-73051200-1444674221_thumb.

post-563359-0-49808400-1444674241_thumb.

Theres at least 1 'Stage' themed skin in each of these...

All credit goes to this thread though, not me.

Hope you two don't mind me putting these here, if you don't want these here I will remove them. 

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

Does that mean we'll get Adult skins of the others?

Oh God, here comes the Wendy fanfics. :wilson_curious:

I can't wait for the skeleton Wickerbottom, the fans will get their "Wilton"

Edit: Oh gosh dang it I just, I didn't notice how old this topic was, but oh well.

Edited by GiddyGuy
  • Like 5

(Necro, sue me...)

Just when we thought we'd never get another concept art, Klei comes along and gives us another concept art!

So here we have Wigfrid Clopsplaying as Deerclops:

Wigclops.png

I have also revamped the OP since we all knew how cluttered and unorganized the first one was. Enjoy!

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 8