For those who missed the stream - here's a summary!

1. Agent - not completely new, but still fresh

post-446683-0-92265500-1437114677_thumb.

Sharp has augment&disruptor, and Prism has unidentified type of item(still it looks like cloak item), and a chip with bolt icon on it.

Unfortunately, nobody mouse-overed at some of these items... So not a single frame of this stream had more specific info.

2. New starting Programs

post-446683-0-43471900-1437114741_thumb.

Dynamo: +2 PWR/turn after alarm level 2.

Mercenary: Breaks 2 firewall, Power Cost 0. Power Cost increases by 2/use, resetted every alarm level increment.

3. New programs - some of the teaser post's program revealed

post-446683-0-91208200-1437114963_thumb.

Charge: -1 PWR cost of all program, +1 cooldown. A program with 0 cooldown(like lockpick) will have 1 cooldown with this. Extremely good with Fusion.

post-446683-0-91208200-1437114963_thumb.

Overdrive: +1 PWR cost, -2 cooldown(minimum of 1) for all programs. They said if you have Charge&Overdrive at the same time, it will become -1 cooldown for all programs.(However I wonder how minimum cooldown will be applied)

post-446683-0-50753000-1437115464_thumb.

Root: +6 PWR, 6 Turn cooldown. -1 PWR if this program is cooldown. So, it's reverted version of fusion, with net generation of 0. Negative synergy with Charge.

4. Updated ETA

4th of August, or at least early of August. Kinda bad news.

I was in the middle of typing this up for my own thread to discuss the new programs when I noticed this thread. Seems like as good as any to do it in.

Source:

http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment/v/7793136

The free update will be released "early" August. There will be at least 5 new programs, possibly more but these are the only ones shown on stream. 4 generators, 1 breaker. They are subject to change but they might want to take in feedback for balance considerations.

DYNAMO

Can be picked to start with.

Generates 2 power per turn

Disabled until alarm level 2

I like the concept, this one's for the long haul. Sounds best for Endless if your bottom line is surviving Blowfish2.0. However I think the numbers are too low for me to take it over Seed which works all the time and can easily save at least 2 power per turn to match Dynamo.

CHARGE

Can't be picked to start with.

-1 power cost to all programs

+1 cooldown to all programs

Similar to Seed in playstyle; Charge saves power but also forces you to space out your hacking, and have lots of breakers, because of the +1 cooldown. Has amazing synergy with Fusion because the cooldown increase is actually beneficial, goes from an average 1.75 power per turn to 2.2, but you'd also only have 3 spaces left to use all your efficient power. Should work well with the inefficient but 0 cooldown breakers.

OVERDRIVE

-2 cooldown to all programs (minimum 1)

+1 power cost to all programs

My first thought is how this works with Emergency Reserve, putting it at 1 turn cooldown to potentially give 5 power a turn as long as you can keep triggering it. I haven't used Emergency Reserve much but I'm guessing it won't proc itself on the same turn it comes off cooldown so it will probably end up being 5 power every 2 turns. It also might only give 4 power if it deducts 1 due to Overdrive. Apart from that it's similar to Charge except it should work well the efficient but high cooldown things such as Daggers, Hammer, Hunter, Ping.

ROOT

6 turn cooldown

Gain +6 power

-1 power per turn while on cooldown

I'm going to be blunt the current numbers on this sounds terrible. I'm assuming if you empty your power every turn the -1 power won't matter but even if you keep that up for 6 turns it's only worth a single Power Drip, and you needed to burn through the full 6 power you gained as soon as you acquired it. It gets a little better with Overdrive: +5 power every 4 turns but that's still only 1.25 power per turn on average. I don't see the value in wasting money and a program slot for "burst" power income, I believe tricks to minimise the power loss is necessary for it to be worth it.

MERCENARY

Can be picked to start with.

0 turn cooldown

Breaks 2 firewalls

costs 0 power (+2 per subsequent use, resets back to 0 at each new alarm level)

Ramping cost similar to parasite. More power efficient than Lockpickv1 if used <=4 times and Lockpickv2 if used <=3 times, per alarm level. Starting with Mercenary has issues dealing with odd numbered firewalls. If you're bad or suicidal, careless increases of alarm levels benefits Mercenary but it might be efficient to use early game anyway.

So to summarise my opinion: Dynamo and Root are bad. Charge, Overdrive and Mercenary are good. And for the record it is not my wish for all the new programs to be OP but with the current numbers on Dynamo and Root, there's probably no niche situation I would ever waste credits on them unless I have misunderstood some of their functionality.

I believe they mentioned that the unidentified item that Prism has is a 'disguise' ability that is similiar, but different from a standard cloak (costs power? Something like that, might let you walk through lasers maybe?).

That chip however is interesting, could be a weapon of some sort or a tool since Prism doesn't appear to have any starting weapons otherwise.

At the beginning of the stream they had to disable a work in progress version of the game that had a scroll bar under the select portraits, this could be related to the PEIA DLC agents.

Also: New room layouts!

The new programs seem fairly hit or miss, though I can imagine that there are some niche situations or combinations where they are useful (like Wildfire).

Thanks for the info! I haven't played for a few weeks now, but I'm really looking forward to the update and DLC.

Re Dynamo and Root...

Dynamo seems to be Faust with a different trade-off. I do like using Faust. Is waiting until alarm level 2 for pwr generation worth circumventing the 20% chance of daemon installation? Not sure, but I'm thinking for me probably not.

Root paired with Overdrive, would that mean -2 pwr per turn for a 4 turn cooldown? Basically 6 pwr every 4 turns but no pwr saving inbetween? Could be interesting. I've had runs where I more or less end up using all pwr as soon as I get it.

Don't forget that they're also including more dialogue (including some inter-agent banter).  I'm kind of unreasonably excited about that.

Definitely more intrigued by the extra gameplay options, but excited about the dialogue.  :)

lhJJ36o.jpg

Oh wow, I came up with something close to Root a while back as 'Fission', although I was thinking of a long cooldown that would go down with hacked devices rather than sap PWR, which seems to encourage sitting at 0 PWR, still interested to play with it!

Most interested in Mercenary and Overdrive, Overdrive in particular suits my high PWR-generation builds.

Nobody ever mentions the bug fixes :) a smooth reliable game that rewards you for creativity is one of Invisible, inc's best features, sometimes the game gets confused with unexpected actions and moves, they obviously mentioned fixing a whole lotta bugs on their stream which is really nice.

To me this will be something to hold into until they release the DLC which I absolutely can't wait for.

Archived