Do Monsters Heal?

I was trying to kill a Spider Queen by running her and her minions into a lure plant. She got into the plant several times then walked away and I'd lure her back. I went back to camp for the night, found her the next day and started up again. The plant didn't kill her and eventually she walked off and planted herself as a new den.

I wasn't too disappointed since trying to run her into the lure plant was dragging on and getting boring (but in a scary way). But I wonder if she had healed over night or over time and that's why she never got killed by the plant.

In general, does anyone know if the monsters heal, or if the damage you do to them lasts through the next days?

Nope. The damage you do lasts. The only thing that passively regains health is Chester.

It takes a little while for the spider queen/lureplant strategy. I usually like to have 2 lureplants close together for that - as the eyes die for one, the others are coming back and keeping her and her minions busy. Haven't done it for a while, but IIRC, using 2 lureplants makes the fight last about half a day.

There are a few exceptions.  Any creature that is produced by and returns to a nest of some kind will heal when it returns.  Spiders that return to nests or spilagmites, frogs and mosquitoes that return to their ponds, birds and vultures that fly away, that sort of thing.  I think pigs and mermen are included too.  But not rabbits or moles; those work a little differently.

In DST the dragonfly will heal if you run too far away, and I think the Goose/Moose heals if it flies away and then comes back later.  Deerclops won't heal if it comes back later in the same winter, though.

Archived