Grieving players should be present, but defeatable.

I like the idea of the gnome being anti-ghost. Heh Tickles my funny bone

Ghosts can become a big issue- Turning flowers into dark flowers. Turning pigs into weres. (Seriously haunt random things not everything is inert as you think).

Maybe what there needs to be is a time limit on how long you remain a ghost. I know it puts pressure on people in co-op to hurry up and bring you back but thats not a bad thing in some ways. I suggest two days as a ghost then Poof you fade and are gone! 

I like it. Maybe something similar to a lightning rod albeit a little harder to obtain.

Ghosts really are unbeatable mobs and when you get together you can do all sorts of damage to living players, especially bases. Now I'm not against destroying bases in a survival game (especially in PVP) but Ghosts do not need to survive, it's nothing but malcious base wrecking that does nothing for the game whatsoever.

What would also be cool is a way to capture ghosts who are nuissance and have no intention of being revive, a ghost trap and when trapped, disconnected, wiped.

Hmm.. I haven't read all the replies yet.. my bad if I just repeat, but anyway, I'll just say this.

I'll start with "grief".

Maybe I'll just suggest adding a wall and a "door" that are "hammerproof". 

We want privacy? There it is. hahahha

Now, the ghosts.

Walls, doors, whatever should be passed by ghosts.. literally speaking.

Wards can work against them.

But, as a ghost, me as an example, if I want to observe, I will observe. Klei made it that way.

Then again, I'll suggest this. When a ghost haunt something, that ghost will become a hostile creature. 

So, that makes it two types of ghosts - a friendly and a hostile. o.O

EDIT: "door".. meh.. GATE! lol

Archived